• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Gildarts Upgrade

In the recent chapter of Fairy Tail the Almighty Gildart's has been shown to come back much more powerful than we have him rated easily one-shotting the almighty God Serena who we have marked at "at least 7-B" so he should be at least 7-B as a low-end. However I think we should take it a step further since Natsu is rated as Mountain Level currently in his strongest form and Gildarts should be equal/likely higher than Natsu but not as powerful as Acnologia or the August/Irene

Side Note: I don't know if this was ever discussed but Gildarts (Pre-Timeskip) is shown to be reacting to beams of light/lasers outright crushing them. He has no Precog ability so I think this warrants a possible Upgrade to High Hypersonic - MHS. This is supported by the fact he is the strongest mage in the Fairy Tail Guild thus far and is the only one to survive a battle with Acnologia who's rated as MHS.

We don't know the speed of the lasers so we can't upgrade him based on that.

At least 7-B is fine.

I wouldn't exactly call that a one-shot. They were fighting off panel for quite a while, and this dead version of God Serena is much weaker than when he was alive according to Gildarts himself.

Gildarts finished him in One Punch they first clashed with a headbutt, offscreen God Serena was launching a bunch of Magic Attacks Gildarts simply breaks it shown by his next scene and then finishes him with one shot literally Fodder to Gildarts given Serena wasn't in his prime but still

But don't you think he's higher than Hypersonic+ due to the fact they've been rated at this speed since Natsu gained PRE-Timeskip Dragon Force mode lol I think it's time for a Small Speed upgrade they all can't be blitzing eachother at Machs (10-25) and the series been going on that long obviously there's some sort of medium shown through interpolation because Acnologia is Mach 252-1260, Laxus' attacks fire out at Mach 129-259, Wahl Icht (A member of the Spriggan 12 reacted to this in his strongest form) should scale to all other Spriggan Members. Think about how Gildarts could survive his encounter if he isn't at least somewhat comparable at the low-end to a Spriggan member at full power.

I agree with Gildarts being at least City level since God Serana (even though a corpse) could still hold off and damage a bit both Base Natsu, Gray and Erza.

I will unlock his profile. Who wants to insert an extra post-second timeskip key, with corresponding statistics for him?

Hmm. It seems like Matthew Schroeder already updated the page. However, some page structure improvements, including pre-timeskip, and post-second timeskip keys, would be appreciated.

It was stated that Serena was weakened in his reanimated form, but Gildarts made it sound like he'd be able to possibly beat Serena at full power anyways... btw, Gildarts applied a new feat when punching the ground. I don't know if it will result in any impressive value, but i just thought about talking about it since it's there.

I think that Kkapoios calculated it, and it ended up at Town level.

still how can Erza and Mirajane have same attack potency and speed like gildarts when Erza stated she for example would last a second against him and as stated by mirajane she and era couldn't beat Jura in 2v1 yet gildarts is even stronger.

i guess problem with fairy tail characters is the fact the battles concentrated on damage to persons and not ambient so there aren't possibilty to tell about their real strength.

P.S still putting zeref and similar on the same tier with acnologia is just dumb.

The problem is that we don't really know how powerful Gildartz currently is in relation to the other characters. Ditto for Acnologia. However, I agree that it is unfortunate that we have so little to scale from.

Has it ever been calculated gildarts destryoing i think its a mountain in chapter 417?

K014
@burning full fingers
well i don't know i never saw it being stated so i just put it here

Yes. I am pretty sure that it was calculated as 7-C.

I do wonder why are most the Spriggans are rated at City level.

When they have many things going for them that should make them much higher, for instance Whal can shoot Etherion and even compress the blast yet his rated City level.

Brandish should be fine where she's at but she as well has been stated to have enough power to Vanish a country, and that's also her title "Nation Destroyer".

She have so much power yet couldn't shrink Neinheart that just speaks Volume of his Magic power(although he was buffed by Eileen)

Let's Look at Whal again he could fight on par with Laxus and would have defeated him if not because of plot, what can Laxus do? I don't know how about making explosions that can dwarf mountains.

Hell even Ajeel could make a sand tsunami that stretched to the horizon from a 10 meter hight perspective...that's frigging huge.

Than there is August who could make an explosion visible from hundreds of miles away...

I'm not even gonna even touch how much you guys downplyed Tenrou islands feats.

Fairy tail is sertainly downplyed in this forum.

Well, we need calculations for the above-mentioned feats in order to rate the series properly.

@Trinimac Fairy tail is not a show that's concentrared on ambients damage but on players so you don't have actual feats to calculate we all know that dragons are far beyond humans in Fairy Tail but with feats that have been displayed until now it's immposible to calculate the actual diffrence,and that's just one example, i guess the series is on this forum simple cause it's popular and someone wanted to add it but in normal case judging strength of most of FT characters with calculations is impossible for the reason above. So i guess we can only wait to see what Hiro is planning to do it's kinda obvious at this point that Irene isn't going to do anything special to allow her strength to be calculated so i guess only few of them is left like Zeref,August,Acnologia and i guess Natsu as E.N.D/Dragonification.

Burning Full Fingers said:
I'm curious about Wahl Icht being able to shoot Etherion. Would it be as strong as the original?
There is nothing to suggest it would be. I think it was a lot weaker and probably only city level (until feats suggest otherwise). The crystal which powered the Magic Council's country busting Etherion was the size of a damn castle. Wahl's Etherion had a power source small enough to fit in a 6 foot tall humanoid robot. It's like saying a cannon small enough for a 6 foot tall human to carry packs as much power as the biggest battleship mounted cannons just because they operate via the same principle.

the preparation of the magical council was about an hour it's obviously not as strong and yeah i would agree it's probably city lvl from what dimaria said later and his attack i would say it could destroy magnolia but considering Icht stated he could completly destroy laxus with it its probably a bit stronger still nothing compare to the original.

So vaping to Mountains isn't a quantifiable feat?, Evaporating all the ice from a Mountain range not a quantifiable feat? All those are feats that can very well be quantified. Saying they don't have feats to calculate is an excuse.There are tons of great feats for FT character people just don't want to calc said feats.

August alredy have a feat that I even mentioned and will repeat it: Made an explosion visible from hundreds of miles away

Burning Full Fingers said:
I'm curious about Wahl Icht being able to shoot Etherion. Would it be as strong as the original?
I don't see why he shouldn't, the original was powered by a dozen fodders.

Hell even Cana could generate power=to over 30 or so foders, saying Whal can't power the machine is downplay at it's finest

Watch the paranoid tone please. I personally like Fairy Tail. We are not actively working against it.

Regardless, if you have scans of their higher feats, you can politely ask for calculations here:

https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/463935

I'm not paranoid I'm actually pretty chill, that's just the way I talk if it seem upset than I'm sorry but I'm not upset or paranoid .

Well, we have strict rules regarding maintaining a polite tone.

The original was powered by a castle sized crystal as I mentioned above and not some fodders. And please stop accusing us of being some biased downplayers. The verse has gotten proper treatment here unlike on some other versus stat sites. Fairy Tail is actually a popular verse here.

The original was powered by a castle sized crystal as I mentioned above and not some fodders. And please stop accusing us of being some biased downplayers. The verse has gotten proper treatment here unlike on some other versus stat sites. Fairy Tail is actually a popular verse here.

So what if a big crystal was needed for the original one? Whal didn't require any. Not some fodders are you serious those where random weaklings from the Council who are fodders.

So I'm acussing someone for saying the truth? The affairs of other sites and how they treat FT dosen't concern us. FT being popular dosen't mean the pages have accurate information.

No one says that these pages have completly accurate informations as i stated before a show like FT being concentrated on dmg done to characters rather than ambient does not allow us to calculate exact strength of the characters.

Irene was already placed at least mountain lvl i underline at least cause she didn't show anything more impressive (excpet for country lvl hax) same for August but we still have time to see about them in particular August.

when it comes to Cana she generated that power thx to the fairy glitter.

And for August i do agree that feat should be calculated if possible cause it does seem superior than just mountain lvl.

And in the end the biggest problem i would say is their speed cause i have seen some other characters from other series with weaker stats but much higer speed which is weird, but once again not having the possibilty to calculate them is a problem.

true but we don't have actual feats caue honestly not going into harder cases lets just talk about Mest Gryder his teleportaion being only hypersonic+ i am pretty sure he is faster than Erza (even with flight armor) and Mirajane with teleportation of course. And as stated by makarov Erza's reflex should be higher that hypersonic+ cause he said he couldn't see the speed of Erza's and Kagura's final sword clash.

Two characters can still be in the same speed tier with one being too fast for the other to react to or fast enough to blitz the other.

I still recommend going to the calculation requests thread with linked scans for August's feat. It is possible that we can upgrade the top tier characters based on that.

Back