• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

GERs Speed is outdated

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, after all the discussion that's been had once again, I'm sticking with the proposal of: "At least MFTL, likely higher physically, Infinite with RTZ", and hoping that this thread will come to a close.

I still feel that "At least MFTL, likely higher physically, possibly Infinite with RTZ" (due to scaling from BiG and MiH giving outright infinite speed is questionable imo based on the nature of their stands abilities, and highly varied speed, despite their rankings, and the fact "none" being stated as superior to other stands abilities is a secondary statement only) or just "At least MFTL, likely higher" with RtZ being left as a hax with no specified speed due to us not knowing exactly how it activates would be better options.

However if @Eficiente and @Antoniofer, both of which are knowledgeable about JoJo and the wiki standards are OK with "At least MFTL, likely higher physically, Infinite with RTZ" then that would be the next best option I guess, and id live with it even if I think its suspect. At least its better than what's there now.

Can someone summarise this please?
Read the first page I guess, everything after that has just been going around in circles or semantics, you honestly probably dont have to read the ENTIRE thread to get an idea.

I have been told that Chariot190 (or possibly somebody else) has been very excessively hostile towards Ryu in this thread

At most I said two things that were actually hostile, one I took back before it was even pointed out and the other I reworded immediately because it came out wrong.
The rest? There's a difference between being overtly blunt with vanilla swearing and actually being excessively hostile.
I'll take responsibility for the two times that could be considered personal and weren't directly referring to the topic itself but the rest? Saying **** a lot isn't inherently hostile.

Shouldn't this be pretty straightforward? Our standards for timeless voids make infinite speed for GER invalid. Not like infinite speed for GER before was any more legit but I digress

GER resisting Diavolo's time skip is resistance to time manip and causality manip, simple as that.

due to scaling from BiG and MiH giving outright infinite speed is questionable imo based on the nature of their stands abilities, and highly varied speed, despite their rankings, and the fact "none" being stated as superior to other stands abilities is a secondary statement only

Again, this is a literal nonargument. Every single character in existence isnt always at peak speed, but if we get a statement saying "Hey this other character>them at their best", then they scale above the peak speed. It being through an ability doesn't matter, especially as with BIG it isnt through an ability, that's a misconception that originated through faulty translations and has stuck ever since.
The "None" are in the manga, that's literally all that matters, actually, ask yourself this, if we have something explicitly canon and originates in the source material but isn't clarified, and the author goes on to clarify what it meant in a wog, then that isn't a "secondary source", it's from the manga, we just werent' told what it meant till later, doesn't change the fact it's in the manga and the meaning of it still adheres to the source material.

And that only matters if we don't use the guide at all, there's no inbetween, either we use it, or we dont, and in this case there's absolutely no reason to do so otherwise, it's explicitly talking about something that exists in canon and comes from the author, it's simply explaining an existing thing. Unless you want to argue we're not going to use it all, then saying "possibly because it comes from a guide" isn't a true argument, if we use then we use it or we don't.

Shouldn't this be pretty straightforward? Our standards for timeless voids make infinite speed for GER invalid. Not like infinite speed for GER before was any more legit but I digress

GER resisting Diavolo's time skip is resistance to time manip and causality manip, simple as that.
That's not anyone's argument though? There being a void is a nonfactor here, except for some specifications, but not for speed itself.

GER would have blitzed Diavolo before he had time to do anything if he indeed had infinite speed. Quite literally, the eventual heat death of the universe would have happened before Diavolo got a chance to act against GER from his perspective.

Also, I'm simply responding to what the OP says. I've not read any of the arguments currently being discussed and I'm honestly surprised there would even be an argument to be had in the first place.

GER would have blitzed Diavolo before he had time to do anything if he indeed had infinite speed. Quite literally, the eventual heat death of the universe would have happened before Diavolo got a chance to act against GER from his perspective.

Also, I'm simply responding to what the OP says. I've not read any of the arguments currently being discussed and I'm honestly surprised there would even be an argument to be had in the first place.
which is why nobody is arguing for infinite GER itself, well, Strym and Darkness is, but eh.

Though, GER actually does have scenes where he did indeed blitz Diavolo before he did anything, that's actually the very first thing he did, the main thing that makes GER demonstrably not infinite itself is that in Epitaph's vision he failed to defend against King Crimson, that wouldn't have happened if GER was physically infinite, that's the main thing really. Other then the whole time standard thing.

Thing is that RtZ is above any Canon Stand in speed according to the JOJO-A-GO!GO! artbook, and was stated that because of this ability, GER is above any Canon Stand as MiH who is infinite in speed, and there's no way that RtZ is below MiH, and because of this, RtZ has infinite speed.

This too, is a bad argument (even though I am not arguing for infinite physical speed) for the simple fact that fictional characters very rarely utilize their abilities to the fullest extent possible for various narrative reasons

Honestly yes. With that kind of scrutiny, no character would be above FTL.

They'd probably go down to MFTL since they seem to scale to GER itself. I could be wrong.

They'd probably go down to MFTL since they seem to scale to GER itself. I could be wrong.
Not really, DIO stopped RtZ from activating with his RW, meaning that he has still Infinite combat speed due to be able to counter an Infinite Speed ability with a manual one

Not really, DIO stopped RtZ from activating with his RW, meaning that he has still Infinite combat speed due to be able to counter an Infinite Speed ability with a manual one
If you stop something before it activates, then you don't necessarily scale to it in speed. You'd have to stop it during its activation.

I mean that DIO stopped it despite it was both an automatic ability and he was unaware of it, so he should have infinite speed since he could counter an Infinite Speed ability

How's this affecting TWOH and SPOH tho? They'd still have Infinite Speed due to be able to counter GER right?
Different canon with similar but slightly different mechanics and functionality.
Would have to be analyzed with a combination of both what we know of canon but also with how it's treated and everything behaves in that noncanon incarnation.
Meaning, idk, another thread would have to be made for that eventually.

Also in regards to TWOH vs GER, they crosscountered, we dont really know when exactly RTZ came into play, TWOH and DIO never were shown being under its effect though.

Last edited:
This too, is a bad argument (even though I am not arguing for infinite physical speed) for the simple fact that fictional characters very rarely utilize their abilities to the fullest extent possible for various narrative reasons
Except for all the dozens of characters that abide by those laws. We don't make exceptions. You either move at infinite speed or you don't.

Thank you for the summaries. I am fine with Damage's solution.

Also, Chariot, this is supposed to be a polite and friendly community. Please keep the curse words under control.

Thank you for the summaries. I am fine with Damage's solution.

Also, Chariot, this is supposed to be a polite and friendly community. Please keep the curse words under control.
Can Giorno's page be unlocked to apply said changes? So I'll apply the change and end this once for all.

Yes, I will do so. Tell me here when you are done.

All changes need to be reversed, the user who added them acted on his own while disregarding the work done before.

I mean, the OP, Damage, Ant, Chariot and others agreed with the new rating, heck Chariot was defending the points that you made Efi, and now you're refusing? Lmao ok

I mean, the OP, Damage, Ant, Chariot and others agreed with the new rating, heck Chariot was defending the points that you made Efi, and now you're refusing? Lmao ok
@Antvasima please, you know who agreed with the new rating, this Drama has no meaning to be re opened, it got enough support from enough mods to get approved.

The rating for GER was approved, the way it was added it's beyond low-quality and there are many other problems which I would rather don't say as I don't have to, nor will I be the one removing the changes as I don't have to. Some user acted on his own, did whatever he wanted and is trying to get away with it, and I kinda suspect him to have some other serious problems given all this thread. Those would be pretty hard to point out while being nice and again, I don't have to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back