• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

GERs Speed is outdated

Status
Not open for further replies.
So yeah, the title. GER's current justification for his speed doesn't qualify him for infinite speed anymore, and hasn't for some time (since May, 4 2020 when the note for voids was changed, or almost 8 months ago), since moving in timeless voids no longer grants infinite speed.

His explanation currently "Infinite with Gold Experience Requiem (Its Return to Zero worked within erased time, later GER was able to move and even talk)"

Maybe there is other proof of him having infinite speed, but all I've seen is a few claims lacking scans to support them that GER is unquestionably faster than notorious big and MiH, neither of which even have infinite speed in the first place at the start, or in most circumstances, and neither of which have had their speed directly compared to GER's to my knowledge.

I get revisions take time, but he has needed one for 8 months now, is one of the most popular profiles, and he effects some other characters with his speed rating to. So unless there is concrete proof of him having infinite speed from something other than a timeless void feat, he should probably be downgraded, as well as those scaled to his speed.

So yeah, the title. GER's current justification for his speed doesn't qualify him for infinite speed anymore, and hasn't for some time (since May, 4 2020 when the note for voids was changed, or almost 8 months ago), since moving in timeless voids no longer grants infinite speed.

His explanation currently "Infinite with Gold Experience Requiem (Its Return to Zero worked within erased time, later GER was able to move and even talk)"

Maybe there is other proof of him having infinite speed, but all I've seen is a few claims lacking scans to support them that GER is unquestionably faster than notorious big and MiH, neither of which even have infinite speed in the first place at the start, or in most circumstances, and neither of which have had their speed directly compared to GER's to my knowledge.

I get revisions take time, but he has needed one for 8 months now, is one of the most popular profiles, and he effects some other characters with his speed rating to. So unless there is concrete proof of him having infinite speed from something other than a timeless void feat, he should probably be downgraded, as well as those scaled to his speed.
Completely agree with this
We need other verifications for having infinite or else we should Remove his infinite speed

I'm with removing it as well if there is no other better justification for its speed in regards to the current standards for it.

In terms of downgrading here, this would also downgrade Heaven Ascend Dio's TWOH as it's scaled to GER for countering it, so that one will have to be affected as well. DK who else is scaled to GER beyond him.

I'm sorta between agree with OP and neutral tbh.

Also wasn't there another JoJo speed downgrade crt? Was that finished or is that one just dead?

Claiming neutrality for no reason doesn't do anything for us, it's just goes on a personal level.

KC after taking Giorno by surprise tagged him by being a moment faster (with GER being there to have done something), in the erased time Diavolo saw GER's moves at "slowed down" speeds, but not by an infinite amount, and it took a while for GER to move in the erased time (which is not infinite speed anyway), GER was affected by it and due to its abilities it was able to eventually move.

I can agree with something much more overpowered that is GER being able to use its power in a point in time before the attacker may attack, making the latter's speed unimportant, all for reasons we can talk about later, but infinite speed GER makes no sense and needs to be removed

I remember chariot mentioning other arguments for that, and even some scans, so let's wait, but if theybare true, they need to be in the page, not the time erasure feat.

I agree the infinite speed should be changed; I think the change has been agreed on already on some of the infinite speed revision threads but the changes didn't take place because some thought the topic was too controversial.

I am fine with GER's speed powerscaling to Diavalo's stand or been unknown.

I think there was something about GER's Stand Stats being "None" because it has surpassed all other Stands including MiH's "Infinite Speed."

However, if that's an argument, I don't think there's any official confirmation of it. Also, they're Stand Stats, the same ranking system that gave The Emperor an E in precision; they're not very good.

So, unless there's other evidence, GER being downgraded in speed is fine with me.

(Something Something Timeless Void Revisions = Bad Something Something).

image0.webp

here it does say only pucci and god would be able to move
if araki is considering ger(as he mentioned someone other than pucci it should be safe to assume so) then i guess it doesnt have infinite speed

This wasn't directed specifically at you, but at everyone who stays neutral waiting for him. No need to get all defensive.

I personally am interested in seeing what Chariot has to say. Remaining neutral for now until I see both spectrums of the argument.

Normal users can't others properly as only staffs can

I tagged @Chariot190

Slacjow, there is no real issue in waiting for knowledgeable users to give evidence.

Though, since the topic has been discussed before, I think if there is no reply by Chariot190 regarding the thread by 24 to 72 hours and no new solid counterpoints are brought, the changes are fine to make; the changes seem like the Speed will be Unknown since the OP didn't specify what the new speed will be.

New speed would just be that of GE, since Diavalo thought it was just a boost of that form.

The text below GER's "none" stats is basically explaining why the stats are none, the reasoning given is that they are "none" because

"It is impossible to make a comparison for Requiem's abilities which have been improved by the arrow with the same scale as existing Stands"

GER is the "Ultimate Stand" which can turn people's actions and wills to nothing

The scan doesn't support infinite speed, to me, if true. The statements sound to just support Causality Manipulation and Empathic Manipulation where are already on the profile.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back