• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

GERs Speed is outdated

Status
Not open for further replies.
"At least Massively FTL, likely higher physically (Is the evolved form of Gold Experience, keeping its powers and powering up its stats. While near Diavolo and in his sight, managed to break free of its Gold Experience "shell" and move to another location without being noticed before King Crimson could finish it off. Flicked a pebble at such speeds that Diavolo couldn't perceive the attack, barely managing to avoid the brunt of it. Mista claimed he couldn't really see or understand what Giorno did to Diavolo in reference to the beatdown that defeated him, if maybe in part), Infinite for its Return to Zero (Ranked "None" in Speed on its Stand stats, those being referenced in the JOJO-A-GO!GO! guidebook as it stated that its ability "is impossible to compare with the existing Stand(s) and measuring rod(s)"; By comparison, Notorious B.I.G. and Made in Heaven are ranked "∞" on their speed, with the latter having briefly been able to achieve infinite speed [See notes below])

Notes:
  • Stand stats mostly refer to a Stand's general abilities instead of its physicality, hence the JOJO-A-GO!-GO! refers to the board as GER's ability being what can't be compared. This is why specific physical stats are sometimes portrayed as abilities Stands have despite how they only have "one ability"/power each.
  • Notorious B.I.G. and Made in Heaven don't simply have infinite speed, at least the latter can achieve it under some conditions met while the former can potentially do the same. GER upscales to their maximum speed as Notorious B.I.G. and Made in Heaven's stats portray that as their rank instead their others lesser speeds shown.
  • The Return to Zero working within Time Erase doesn't qualify as a feat of infinite speed, but the fact that it did so despite only Diavolo being able to act there supports the idea of GER's ability having a superiority over other that of other Stands."

Last edited:
Stand stats mostly refer to the Stand's ability instead of its physicality, hence the JOJO-A-GO!-GO! refers to the board as GER's ability being what can't be compared. This is why specific physical stats are sometimes portrayed as abilities Stands have despite how they only have "one ability" each.

It's more of a case by case. Some Stands' speed stat are ranked for their physical, like Star Platinum? Stone Free? It's physical stats for the most part. But for others, it could be the ability, like the infamous Whitesnake's D in speed despite being as fast if not faster then Stone Free (later revealed in JoJoveller to be the speed of his acid ability, with he himself being Stone Free fast and his Attack power being a high A).
Half the time a Stand's sheet is a mishmash of physicals, ability attributes and even special circumstances (Which is why using them to scale between each other is hard as **** 90% of the time if not outright impossible, like Purple Haze's attack power likely being its virus' effect on a person, not how hard he can punch compared to say, The World or how Bad Company's attack power is specifically for the entire unit attacking at the exact same time, while standalone they're nothing much at all).
In this case though, for GER, we basically know it's talking about RTZ for the most part bar it's attack power, which is clarified one page over to be due to raw attack output being the highest among all existing Stands.

This doesn't change anything, I just thought I'd clarify for future reference.

I got "existing Stands", but either or, point remains the same in the end.

Edit: I'm fine with that for the most part.
Also " superiority over other that of other Stands.", There's a line in JoJoveller that calls it "the Ultimate Stand ability that can return everything to zero", in the same book that features every other Stand in existence up to that point (Goes up to early Part 8), with no other Stand' ability being called "the ultimate" or anything of the like, you want me to get a scan of it to link?

Last edited:
If we had a blog about what Stand stats are (and why we mostly don't use them for physicality) then that note about it could just be removed. But should the wording be another for now?
Also " superiority over other that of other Stands.", There's a line in JoJoveller that calls it "the Ultimate Stand ability that can return everything to zero", in the same book that features every other Stand in existence up to that point (Goes up to early Part 8), with no other Stand' ability being called "the ultimate" or anything of the like, you want me to get a scan of it to link?
Yes, that would fit nicely in the profile.

If we had a blog about what Stand stats are (and why we mostly don't use them for physicality) then that note about it could just be removed. But should the wording be another for now?

I'll work on that I guess, I have some explicit examples as to why using them for scaling or not knowing what a stat could be referring to at any given time, mostly because Hirohiko himself explained said examples.
If you must have a note about that in particular, the same paragraph talking of RTZ may suggest that point instead.

Yes, that would fit nicely in the profile.

Ok, I'll get the scan and the like and link you it in a bit.

Have all of the edits been carried out to all of the affected character profile pages? If so, what, if anything, is left to do here?

Have all of the edits been carried out to all of the affected character profile pages?

Not quite yet.

If so, what, if anything, is left to do here?

Wait for Efi to finish I guess. After that, nothing really for this topic in particular.

So the down grade thread turned into an upgrade thread?

Edit: Oh nevermind, I misinterpreted this.

Last edited:
Done, Giorno and this thread can be locked again. I didn't add the JoJoveller stuff as the wording was actually about GER about being vaguely powerful but not explicitly above all other Stands.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back