• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

GERs Speed is outdated

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're literally just derailing for nothing now. You believe that I did wrong? Then fix if it bothers you this much, but for some reason you act like you're God comparated to me. So please, stop antagonizing and insulting me because this isn't ending well.

It would be better to explain why you think it is badly done tho. Otherwise there's no reason to revert the change.

@Eficiente; instead of demanding that the changes be reversed, I think that you should write out here what changes should be made to it instead so that it can be improved.
I demand it as what was done is insulting, I already did that for GER's physicality and was about to do so for its RtZ before the same user who changed the profiles flooded the thread with nonsense. The conversation (before it) went well and I was waiting for evidence of the main thing that gave the RtZ its Infinite speed, I was going to propose a wording for it after having it because, you know, evidence goes first and the whole thing could be just fabricated or mistranslated. The thread then went to hell, people agreed to the stats out of sheer confusion of what was even going on anymore and that user used that to make what he wanted to the profiles, why does it matter what changes should be made instead? If that user has no evidence of what he did being accepted then the changes are wrong and need to be removed. Again, I could point out every bit of things wrong he did to the profiles, but I don't have to as in "anyone in my position doesn't have to".

Last edited:
You don't need to point out what's wrong at this moment, but in the interest of moving this thread along you should post what you think the thing rating needs to be.

The proof that the changes made were accepted is nonexistent, I can ask for them to be removed, and asking me what stats should be instead doesn't matter. My logic is as simple as that, on top of the changes being wrong them being as they are will also lead extra work trying to remove them. That being something neither I or others deserve. And that's just going to be taken for granted; look at this thread, how do you imagine "extra work" looks like?

Extra work?

“Hey for future reference, he’s a way to make a profile look slightly better”

“Okay, thank you”

“You’re welcome”

There’s your extra work, and far less stressful and obnoxious then this.

I mean, the OP, Damage, Ant, Chariot and others agreed with the new rating, heck Chariot was defending the points that you made Efi, and now you're refusing? Lmao ok
Uhm what? Big names have agreed on this and presented the proof, you claiming its non existent for no reason is unfounded and opening it again for these comments you now said were uncalled for

Let's wait a little with closing this.

I agree with Damage and the others about that the changes seem to have been agreed on, and that Eficiente should be specific regarding what exactly that he wants to change.

Sorry I fell asleep and crashed super hard.
What changes were made and what changes were apparently bad?

b̶e̶c̶a̶u̶s̶e̶ ̶i̶f̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶w̶a̶s̶ ̶a̶c̶c̶e̶p̶t̶e̶d̶ ̶i̶m̶ ̶w̶i̶l̶l̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶j̶u̶s̶t̶ ̶l̶e̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶d̶i̶e̶

Sorry I fell asleep and crashed super hard.
What changes were made and what changes were apparently bad?

b̶e̶c̶a̶u̶s̶e̶ ̶i̶f̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶w̶a̶s̶ ̶a̶c̶c̶e̶p̶t̶e̶d̶ ̶i̶m̶ ̶w̶i̶l̶l̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶j̶u̶s̶t̶ ̶l̶e̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶d̶i̶e̶
Check the new GER speed rating

We should wait to hear what @Eficiente has to say about the wording and layout of the stat, given they are one of the most knowledgeable members on the topic, and a main reason many people agreed to those ratings. The explanation does seem a bit clunky tbh with talk about moving and acting in time erase and such, which has no baring on the stat anymore, the argument hinges on scaling from BiG and MiH, not a direct feat from GER. So it could be more concise.

I did, at the very least, the MFTL justification wasn't agreed on.
The rating was, but the justififcation was not, we even went through why the time erase part is completely null and previously we had written

"At least Massively FTL, likely higher (Is the evolved form of Gold Experience, keeping its powers and powering up its stats. While near Diavolo and in his sight, managed to break free of its Gold Experience "shell" and move to another location without being noticed before King Crimson could finish it off. Flicked a pebble at such speeds that Diavolo couldn't perceive the attack, barely managing to avoid the brunt of it. Mista claimed he couldn't really see or understand what he did to Diavolo in reference to the beatdown that defeated him, if maybe in part)"

Simply saying he blitzed Diavolo doesn't actually show the evidence and the time erase part is null and is actually contested given we went through a whole thing on if GER was even cognizant or not.

Also the physical strength/durability changes were explicitly being held off on for the AP/Dura threads.

Well,
  • GER's physical speed and the the speed of its RtZ was mixed up, they need to be their own thing.
  • We already agree which was going to be the wording for GER's physical speed, that should be added instead. This bit is minor tho.
  • By what we have in our Speed page, GER being able to freely talk and move in Time Erase isn't Infinite speed. That's false and misleading for other profiles.
  • Given how both speeds are mixed up, it looks as if using RtZ physically gives GER Infinite speed. Or that with its own physical speed stopped the Time Erase at Infinite speed, none of which happened or we talked about ever here.
  • What the Databook says needs to be taken very, very delicately. It doesn't say what the profile says, those 2 Stands GER scales to aren't always at Infinite speed (one of which may not even have it, we just add him on the commitment that it might), the wording needs to either be precise or the profile will look wanked. I'm sorry but that's just true.
  • The reinforcement of Heaven DIO scaling was also never talked about, he reacted to GER physically, and GER was moving at the same speed as Giorno somehow, and (regular) SP blizted that DIO. Emphasis on we never talked about it tho.

Last edited:
I'm signing off for new years now, but for the record I 100% agree with Efficient on those specifics being incorporated, they are very important to specify in detail.

The reinforcement of Heaven DIO scaling was also never talked about, he reacted to GER physically, and GER was moving at the same speed as Giorno somehow, and SP blizted that DIO. Emphasis on we never talked about tho.

tbh that doesn't even matter for this thread, those two can deal with their own shit elsewhere, they're noncanon anyway so we have to look at them with the noncanon incarnation and mind (not that really shakes things up a whole lot, tbh i just want this to end).

aren't always at Infinite speed

Et tu.

Also Efi does bring up a point, at the very least GER and RTZ should be separated, a "," misleads more then you think.

As said before, we agreed to the overall rating, but we did so as in the other options being doing so, saying all GER is Infinite, or that all GER is MFTL. We didn't agree to all of the above. By pointing out the changes made were not agreed on they should have just been removed.

To given an example, if someone changes up a math book with a new formula agreed on but adds in text to justify it kinda made up then pointing out how the changes weren't agreed on should do the job to remove it, not having to go over why the things wrongs are wrong. If anything, people should have tried to point out where the changes were agreed on, but here that can't be done as that wasn't the case.

Last edited:
Okay. Thanks for the explanation. So should I unlock the Giorno profile, so Eficiente can update that and non-canon Dio?

Done, I'll later edit this comment to link a CRT to finish the change on GER's speed, with a proposal to go at its RtZ.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back