• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Genshin Impact: Traveler's Profile Update

The first just says that the gnosis does the function of a vision (concentrating elemental energy).
The second one doesn't even talk about power, he's probably saying that he didn't expect such a good time since he resigned his Archon "position". if only we knew what part of the timeline this line is introduced from, it would be easier to know what the Zhongli is talking about, he may be talking that he did not expect Liyue to have such a peaceful time without her Archon.

Last edited:
Would a copied dialouge work? I am not on my PC so I am not able to like images.

1) The Gnosis, to her, was but a core that gathers a mass of elemental power at her discretion. But if there is nothing more to a Gnosis, why was a god so eager to gather all of them together. (Nahida Character Story, Gnosis.)

2)After letting go of my Gnosis, I never expected to see a day like this again. Thank you, friend. Ah, yes, I have a new contract here. Care to take a look at it together?. ( Zhongli Ascension Phase 6)

These are kinda vague. Hope it will help you. I didn't find the cloud of elemental energy statment yet.

It is a bit problematic because it doesn't really say much about the power that a gnosis can have.

And the second one doesn't seem to have anything relevant about power.

You mentioned about living andrius scale and the ancient archon of modstar... is there anything relevant to scaling?

It is a bit problematic because it doesn't really say much about the power that a gnosis can have.

And the second one doesn't seem to have anything relevant about power.

You mentioned about living andrius scale and the ancient archon of modstar... is there anything relevant to scaling?
Andrius has already had a recalculation, the former Archon of Mondstadt scales to the level of Andrius, since they were fighting each other and there was no winner.

Andrius has already had a recalculation, the former Archon of Mondstadt scales to the level of Andrius, since they were fighting each other and there was no winner.
Sounds good to me.

I'd like to see the recalculation related to andrius, since well... my memory is bad and I want to avoid getting confused lol

1. So that's fine with me.
2. That I don't know, nothing speaks to how strong he is with his "robot".
3. I said that we don't know how much power a gnosis gives, not that it doesn't give great power. I don't recall any statements about Zhongli being much stronger without his gnosis.

This is obvious, but nobody knows how strong a gnosis makes a person.
1. They specifically don't scale to Zhongli with his Gnosis since he's as powerful as a regular Archon without it. As for Prime Barbatos, we simply don't know how he scales.
2. ???? He can only become an Archon with his Robot wddym you don't know how strong he is with it
3. At least 2 instances of his own lore have stated otherwise

This speaks to the fact that he ceased to be an Archon after delivering the gnosis, not that he became weaker or anything, if he "lost his divine ability (power) to defend Liyue" was a way of saying that he would get weaker, it would be like saying that Zhongli without gnosis is ABSURDLY weak, which is not the case, since with or without gnosis he is much stronger than any other from Liyue (with the exception of Azhdaha without gnosis).
Zhongli's Ascension 6 Quote:

"After letting go of my Gnosis, I never expected to see a day like this again. Thank you, friend. Ah, yes, I have a new contract here. Care to take a look at it together?"

After getting stronger, Zhongli claims to have gotten as powerful as he was when he did have his Gnosis

Not to mention, Osial exists. He would have likely not been able to beat him again due to his erosion, but he held on to the Gnosis just in case humanity lost. He only gave it away after the Contract was fulfilled, which was heavily implied to include Humanity's ability to defend itself.

He's DEFINITELY weaker without his Gnosis. But saying that it provides next to nothing is also not true

Although I believe that the archons without their gnosis are weaker... we don't know how much it weakens them, and it doesn't help much that in this case "divinity" doesn't necessarily imply something related to power.

Anyway, I guess I forgot to ask lol.. but how exactly do we scale scara to andrius and the former archon of modstar? Since the way they mentioned it doesn't sound like something that necessarily involves like a power thing.

Maybe it's because of the way it's worded that doesn't make it look like something related to power lol.

1. Absolutely nothing to indicate that he is saying that he has as much power as when he had the gnosis, that he has gotten stronger, or anything about power, this obviously seems more sentimental than anything related to power.

It's not as if ascensions always speak directly about increasing power, and that's pretty obvious from the numerous lines of ascension that no correlate with increased power.

Zhongli ascension 4: "I see. Using a Vision harnesses elements. As far as the common folk are concerned, this is no small feat. So... back then... they were aware of this as they stood beside me..."

Zhongli literally fought Azhdaha along with Traveler, Traveler wasn't even able to beat someone at Osial's level, Traveler was definitely carried a lot by Zhongli in this fight, even more so when Azhdaha's main focus was to kill Zhongli.
Zhongli remained with his gnosis because if the people of Liyue were not able to defeat Osial, he would remain an Archon (and would not need to give up the gnosis), and not because he is unable to defeat him without the gnosis.

Azhdaha from story quest>>>>>Zhongli from story quest>>>>Osial>>>>>>>Traveler from story quest

I never said he didn't get weaker, but like I said, I don't know how much weaker he got, besides but, Osial was defeated by Zhongli before he even had the gnosis.
1. The **** else is he meant to mean bro
Ascension in Genshin is something that makes characters stronger. Why else would he mention the Gnosis during a process that makes you stronger if he wasn't comparing strength
2. Literally every character mentions some sort of improvement, usually strength and other physical stats, when they undergo Ascension. In the games every character becomes stronger after undergoing Ascension. I don't see why you're trying to ride off of technicalities here when it's very clearly supposed to be interpreted as strength
3. Azhdaha not only had half of him literally removed from his body and put into a humanoid, but he was also equally affected by erosion just like Zhongli was. We don't know how much weaker Azhdaha has become, but if it's anything like Zhongli it would have been extremely significant compared to his Prime. Considering how his prime is literally the strongest character in Genshin that has a page on the wiki so far, it's not really a stretch to say that even his weakened state is stronger than a High 8C traveler with 2 elements
4. Zhongli was stated to be unquantifiably superior to Osial in his Prime without his Gnosis, but it wasn't exactly a stomp. Zhongli after 5000 years of Erosion with his Gnosis is not only capable of doing the same thing, but is also capable of annihilating him completely.
5. Prime Zhongli with his Gnosis > Prime Azhdaha >>>>>>>> Prime Zhongli >>>>>>>> Eroded Azhdaha >>>>>>>> Modern Zhongli ? Osial >>>>>>>> Traveler. Modern Zhongli without his Gnosis has only 1 feat: Beat up Azhdaha, but the problem is that Azhdaha was also massively weakened since his prime, to the extent that we don't know how either of them scale to Osial
6. Osial was defeated by Morax in his prime, not modern Zhongli

Although I believe that the archons without their gnosis are weaker... we don't know how much it weakens them, and it doesn't help much that in this case "divinity" doesn't necessarily imply something related to power.

Anyway, I guess I forgot to ask lol.. but how exactly do we scale scara to andrius and the former archon of modstar? Since the way they mentioned it doesn't sound like something that necessarily involves like a power thing.

Maybe it's because of the way it's worded that doesn't make it look like something related to power lol
Maybe we should scale him higher than Andrius and Decarabian in his(Scara) Mech Form.

Barbatos who was a really weak wind( probably the weakest) spirit had gotten enough power to blow Mondstadt's snow and ice and yeet Pilos Peak when he had gotten his Gnosis.

Scara however, should be atmost equal to Barbatos imo. Unlike Barbatos Scara lacks any worshippers.

This is important as the faith from those worshippers do seems to be a new source of power of Gods.

" Just when all hope seemed to be lost for the wandering clan, a spirit from the midst of the myriad winds heard Gunnhildr's prayers. The sincere plea of a clan chief's young daughter joined with a people's cry of help, a cry that the blizzard had all but drowned out, and became a faith. The faith gathered in front of the wind spirit like water flowing into a spring and became the source from which the wind spirit drew its power. The wind spirit used this power to make a small shelter for the clan, and bestowed upon the clan chief's daughter the power to protect."

Barbatos had nearly 400 years of Faith from The Gunnhildr Clan before the rebellion took place.

This in my opinion could be applied to all Gods. This would mean that Zhongli Pre-Gnosis would be weaker than Zhongli after giving away his Gnosis due to faith from the people of Liyue.

While I do believe that Gnosis boost all Archons, the boost just might be access to a bit more Elemental Energy.

Also, the gnosis might also just boost an Archon to a particular power level. Not beyond that ceiling.

Last edited:
Tell that to Zhongli's ascension 4, besides but, I didn't see you refuting me, nothing clearly mentions power or anything like that, it could still very well be related to something sentimental, Zhongli only mentions his gnosis to mention a period of time ( after losing it), and if indeed he talks about power, you are just using pure speculation.

Azhdaha didn't have half of his power removed, the percentage is much smaller, Azhdaha says he was so weak that he had to possess someone, and because of his low power, he couldn't even remember that it was Azhdaha, the Azhdaha he fought against Zhongli and Traveler (who is at least stronger than Ganyu and Childe post-story quest, even managing to take a direct hit from Beisht) is much stronger than the one who helped Zhongli. High 8C? Lmao, even a base dragon and absurdly more powerful than that, in addition to Azhdaha being able to fight against Traveler and Zhongli at the same time.

The difference in power between Prime Morax and Osial was never stated, but Current Zhongli (with gnosis) says he would definitely beat him up again, despite being obviously weaker than his Prime version (which wasn't even the version that fought Osial, and yes the war of the archons version).

Osial was defeated by Zhongli from the archon war, who is not yet his Prime, while Prime Azhdaha was able to fight Prime Zhongli 1v1, even a base dragon and absurdly strong (probably between island level or more), even if Azhdaha is weakened (he went through 1000 years of erosion, not 5000), he is still one of the oldest and most powerful dragons in Teyvat, and was able to take on Zhongli and Traveler with a portion of his power.

Osial was defeated by Zhongli war of archons, not his prime, the only one who forced Zhongli to use (seemingly) all his power was Azhdaha, Zhongli was probably still far from using so much of his power against Osial, Osial could be defeated by Current Zhongli with Gnosis, and taking Azhdaha into account, he would still defeat him even without,
1. Every character mentions it in at least 1 or more of their ascension profiles. Since Ascension across levels are fundamentally the same thing, then they should all reflect relatively the same meaning. You can't say "wElL zHoNgLi DoEsN't SaY hE gOt StRoNgEr So hE DoEsN'T gEt StRoNgEr DuRiNg AsCeNsIoN 4" because that doesn't make any sense
2. Are you trying to prove my point? Cuz that's exactly what you're doing. Both Azzy and Zhongli were greatly weakened since their prime. Osial doesn't have any statements saying the same thing. So for all we know he could be stronger than both a weakened Azzy and a weaked Zhongli individually, thus Zhongli needed his Gnosis. However, this is just speculation. We know for certain that Osial is definitely in that realm of power, but by how much is questionable. However, the fact that Zhongli would have kept his Gnosis in order to interfere if Liyue lost would be a testament to the Gnosis's power.
3. You're literally repeating what I told you. How are you disproving my point
4. Archon War Zhongli is who I am referring to when I say "Prime Zhongli". I'm basing it off of his profile. "Prime Zhongli" = Adeptus Zhongli = Archon War Zhongli. It's the same thing. Sorry for the confusion
5. Osail was beaten by Archon Zhongli without the Gnosis. Same for Azhdaha, although Zhongli had help from other Adepti to do so. He didn't use his Gnosis against either of them, or at least that's what's said in the story

If there are any doubts about Zhongli being stronger with his Gnosis, then I'd like to point out that his profile currently accepts the premise that the Gnosis made him stronger in the Attack Potency justification for the second key and he kept the Gnosis as a safety measure for if Liyue couldn't deal with Osial.

Why is Inazuma Traveler listed as flat MHS, if his stats got buffed by the Vision things then shouldn't be be Atleast Supersonic, MHS with Vision buff.
Also Ei blitzed and struck him down in their first fight cutscene clip.

Why is Inazuma Traveler listed as flat MHS, if his stats got buffed by the Vision things then shouldn't be be Atleast Supersonic, MHS with Vision buff.
Here

1. I don't know why you insist on a phrase that isn't even canon, other than the fact that there's nothing to solidify that he's saying he's as strong as when he was with his gnosis (no, he mentions the gnosis and uses it as a way of defining a period of time does not prove anything, there are countless meanings that it can have), besides this still does not reveal the difference between someone with or without gnosis.
2. No, I am completely proving the opposite, the fact that it wasn't half of Azhdaha's power that was taken away from him, the fact that even if Azhdaha got 2x weaker he would still be high 7A (besides Zhongli's revisions a little more in the future, which won't make both Zhongli and Azhdaha MUCH stronger), the fact that Azhdaha can fight against Current Zhongli and Traveler who could take a direct hit from Beisht demonstrates that it's not that weak, especially at level high 8C.
3. I'm not, Osial fought Morax from the archon war, while Azhdaha was the one who fought Morax Prime and FORCED him to use all his power, unlike Osial.
4. It's not the same thing, Zhongli Prime (with all his power and gnosis) was the one who fought against Azhdaha Prime (1000 years ago), the Zhongli of the archon war and much younger than that and more weak (besides not having the gnosis), so it was definitely a weaker, younger version of the Morax that defeated Azhdaha that defeated Osial.
5. Azhdaha was sealed 1000 years ago, this was Morax Prime with his gnosis, I don't know where you got that Morax faced Azhdaha before becoming an Archon. Azhdaha Prime engaged Morax Prime and forced him to use his full power, Osial was defeated by a younger and weaker casual Morax. By the way, the adepts who helped Morax just created a cave for Morax and Azhdaha to fight, they didn't participate in the fight.

Jiu: Morax! A thousand years after you sealed me underground... you return for the second time... (Zhongli Story quest 2)

Linlang: I just had a look at this one. These markings are definitely those of Liyue, and you can see inscribed here an anecdote about Azhdaha.
Linlang: They say that Azhdaha was a dragon spawned by a convergence of the spirits of Geo in Liyue, and that even Rex Lapis could not easily subdue it.
Linlang: Rex Lapis thus summoned three adepti to his aid, and together they created a cavernous realm.
Linlang: Rex Lapis then battled the creature, luring it into the cavern, before ordering the adepti to seal the entrance, trapping Azhdaha within. (Hidden in Nameless Treasures)
1. Every single one of these phrases are accepted as canon since it's accepted that all of the playable characters in the series with the exception of Aloy have traveled alongside Traveler at some point in the past. Occam's razor states that the simplest solution is usually the correct one. It's pretty blatantly obvious that considering the context, Zhongli was referring to the fact that he regained enough power to rival his Gnosis self. Your literal only argument here is that the Ascension phrases aren't canon when character lore and phrases are like 90% of the lore we use to explain the verse in the first place (besides story events and other descriptions)
2. Beisht isn't Osial and there's nothing to assume that she scales to him besides the fact that they're married, which doesn't even make sense since they're both basically animalistic and shouldn't even have a concept of marriage in the first place. Osial's only feat is being considered a "rival" to Adeptus Zhongli even though he was defeated. Therefore Osial should be relatively in the realms of High 7A to 6C, therefore it's reasonable to say that he's still comparable if not stronger than a weakened Azhdaha and no Gnosis eroded Zhongli
3, 4, 5. I'm rereading the lore now, and yeah you're right it's 1000 years. Yeah Azhdaha is stronger than Archon Zhongli. But that only changes the chain to moving Prime Azhdaha to the very front of it

1. Not every sentence needs to be canonical (Zhongli discovers what vision is for ascension 4, which he already knew), and even if it is, his understanding is not proven to be correct, which he definitely already knew, moreover, considering your understanding of this sentence as real is the same thing as saying that Zhongli regained the power he had with gnosis sometime after losing his gnosis, as it would be a canon phrase apparently said by Zhongli after losing his gnosis. Occam's razor is not something philosophical? I don't know why you're mentioning this. What events do we have after the loss of Zhongli's gnosis? We have Zhongli reassured by finally retiring and knowing that Liyue will be at peace even without her archon, and then we have the sealing of Azhdaha, events after Zhongli lost her gnosis that definitely fit the phrase.
2. Beisht still has feats of being superior to Adeptus, which is still something, and although Zhongli mentions about "rivalry" between him and Osial, I highly doubt it can be called a rivalry, since Osial was defeated by a Zhongli over 3700 years ago in their first fight, Osial was defeated by a casual Zhongli undeniably weaker and younger than his Prime who fought against Azhdaha, while Azhdaha forced Zhongli Prime with Gnosis to use all his power, even if he has gone through 1000 years of erosion, Azhdaha and easily 2x (or more. Definitely 4x stronger after Zhongli revisions to be done in the future) stronger than Osial in his Prime, I doubt his erosion has made him so weak to the point of being defeated by Osial.
3, 4, 5. Yes, that's the correct timeline. No, Azhdaha Prime doesn't scale above Zhongli Prime, the fight between both didn't have enough time to know who is stronger, Azhdaha considers Zhongli Prime superior to him in his Prime and says that Zhongli could have killed him in the past, but Zhongli apparently does not consider himself superior to Azhdaha. Azhdaha easily scales up to 2x above Osial, and after Zhongli's revision, it easily scales at least 4x (or more) above Osial, so even if erosion had made it 2x weaker, it would still be superior to Osial.
1. We don't have any evidence to assume that it's not canonical, plus we treated it as canonical on this wiki. Occam's razor states that the solution with the least assumptions tends to be the correct one. Pulling assumptions and interpretations out of your ass just adds an unreasonable amount of variation to the point that no one knows the correct answer, even though the phrase is likely meant to be interpreted as it's most simplest: Zhongli got stronger via Ascension, that most likely rivals himself with his Gnosis.
2. She still doesn't have any feats that scale to Osial since Osial himself has no feats. Even back in the Archon war, Osial was never considered fodder to Adeptus Zhongli. As for Azhdaha, he rebelled against Zhongli not long after Erosion took its toll. He didn't experience 1000 years of it yet, it was just stated that he suddenly went ****** insane after Humans distrupted the ley lines. Azzy is definitely stronger than Osial in his prime for obvious reasons, but Azzy with half his power stripped away AND massively weakened after another thousand years worth of erosion. Considering how Osial is featless, we don't know if Osial would have won against this weakened version of Azzy
3. Azzy prime fought against Zhongli prime, wdym?

1. Completely irrational to think that this sentence is canonically said by Zhongli to Traveler at some point (this sentence being said according to your understanding makes no sense), it would literally be saying that Zhongli at some point in history after losing his gnosis, managed to suddenly regain the power he had with her, despite being suffering from erosion, having ceased to be an Archon, and losing his gnosis, saying that he spoke this sentence canonically saying that he became as strong as he was before when he had gnosis literally makes 0 sense . I literally don't care, when your theory (understanding) makes a lot less sense. Yours is literally a guess, lmao. Zhongli after losing his gnosis had events he wanted for a long time, peace for Liyue and himself, finally being able to rest knowing that Liyue is safe, and without powerful enemies like Osial or Azhdaha trying to destroy Liyue for a long time, his sentence can resembling various situations, whether canonical or not, and saying that he suddenly regained enough power to match when he had gnosis while suffering nerfs (erosion, no gnosis, stopped being Archon) makes 0 sense.
2. Never said he was fodder, but he was beaten by a casual Zhongli far weaker than the one who fought against Azhdaha. He was just never said to be weak by Zhongli, not that Zhongli didn't consider him weak, besides but, a younger and weaker version of Zhongli obviously far from using all his power managed to defeat Osial, Zhongli never declares even weak monsters like weak. This is obvious. Azhdaha is still a dragon older than the mountains, in addition to being the King of Vishaps, dragons were the beings that dominated all of Teyvat, Azhdaha even though it has gone through 1000 years of erosion, it is still one of the most powerful and ancient dragons in existence , easily being several times stronger than Osial, to think he got weaker than Osial is simply and an absurdly large nerf, even base dragons can scale to 6C.
3. Azhdaha is several times stronger than Osial, 1000 years of erosion making it weaker than Osial is at least doubtful, even a normal dragon can come close to climbing to Osial, while Azhdaha is one of the oldest dragons and powerful that exist, in addition to being the king of the vishaps, to say that he stayed below 6C because of 1000 years of erosion is an exaggeration when even normal dragons can do a feat at almost the same level.
1. It's more likely than not that Zhongli said he regained enough power to match his Eroded self with his Gnosis. Claiming that Zhongli meant something else goes against the definition of Ascension in the first place. Claiming that it's not canon means we need to ignore literally every other voiceline which doesn't make sense. Yes, Zhongli stated that he wanted peace and be able to rest after giving up his Gnosis. However, why would he mention the Gnosis during Ascension if that's the reason why he's bring it up? So after Ascension Zhongli can finally NOT rest again? That makes even less sense than assuming that Ascension simple made him stronger. Not to mention, even with his Gnosis, he's still far weaker than he was like 1000 years ago due to erosion
2. Except he wasn't defeated by a "casual" Zhongli, it was just stated that he was defeated. The only other piece of lore we have regarding this is the fact that Osial was considered a "rival", which means he wasn't "casually" defeated.
3. I admit it is a bit doutful but at the end of the day we don't know for sure if they became weaker than Osial. The only evidence we have regarding this is that Azhdaha even without putting Erosion into perspective was already half as strong as he was previously. For all we know Erosion coudl have nerfed both of them to be barely stronger than the likes of Xiao, or it could have not affected them at all. We just don't know. Hence why I put Osial's level of power at least relative if not higher or lower than Eroded Zhongli without his Gnosis and Eroded Azhdaha. Osial is very confidently High 7A to 6C due to at least contending with Adeptus Zhongli in the past, who is far stronger than Eroded Azhdaha and Eroded Zhongli, so they should be rather similar

At the end of the day, we were discussing whether or not Gnosises provide a substantial boost in power.

Using Osial as the benchmark, both "Adeptus Zhongli" and "Eroded Zhongli + Gnosis" would have been able to beat Osial

"Eroded Zhongli"'s only feat is fighting "Eroded Azhdaha" who is featless

If we put "Adeptus Zhongli" and "Eroded Zhongli + Gnosis" as being the same, then that means Zhongli would have received enough of a power boost from his Gnosis to rival his Adeptus self, meaning he definitely got much stronger

Something else to note is that before Venti became Venti, he was a random fodder wisp who didn't actually do anything. Although he did participate in the battle against Decabrian, it was not known how well he did, plus he was alongside several others who were capable of harming Decabrian. It's likely that at worst he's featless hilichurl level fodder and at best he's several times weaker than Decabrian who isn't an Archon himself and didn't own a Gnosis, so he gained a substantial power boost after getting one.

Not to mention, after Scara's robot was completed, he was able to make a colossal storm over Sumeru, which far eclipses his normal feats (Scara should be comparable if not stronger than his Wanderer self who's comparable to Cyno who's 8B).

It's pretty clear that Gnosises give massive power boosts to any wielder

When he got MHS+ he didn't buff.

Beisht isn't Osial and there's nothing to assume that she scales to him besides the fact that they're married, which doesn't even make sense since they're both basically animalistic and shouldn't even have a concept of marriage in the first place.
I don't think we necessarily know how animalistic they really are especially since certain Adepti which usually assume animal forms have been shown to have human forms.

Fr?
That would also mean he clashed with Raiden and took her lightning without the buff shown in that same clip
He can react to lightning. before receiving the buff, You can see it in the clip I pasted in calc.

Sorry, so I'll be honest. My English skills are at a very low level. Honestly, I don't seem to understand what you're saying.
Traveler was being amped by the 99 Visions in that video in the feat, Yes or No?

But wouldn't it be limited to just Teyvat?
This is still type 1 acausality, people don't remember a being/object that has been erased from history doesn't sound like you resistant to concept stuff, but more like you are immune to the change of past
I think it’s limited to ”not their world” because of how the tree works, meaning that if the Traveler had a similar experience in another foreign world it’d have the same results and because we‘ve never seen them in their world I think it should be on the profile. While I wasn’t sure at the time the example I posted was of an analogous case where someone’s “history” was different than the world’s history.

I think it’s limited to ”not their world” because of how the tree works, meaning that if the Traveler had a similar experience in another foreign world it’d have the same results and because we‘ve never seen them in their world I think it should be on the profile. While I wasn’t sure at the time the example I posted was of an analogous case where someone’s “history” was different than the world’s history.
Descender lack of teyvat's causality and information they're not in the irmisul. Accausality type-4 seems fine for them

Back