• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Genshin Impact General Discussion!

arj0qbjdwy761.jpg

When can we see zhongli shooting his spears from portals and calling people zasshu?
Nibgguang literally did that to a god.

So what do you guys think dendro would react with? Also since Liben is going to be replacing the teapot event and he was supposed to be for 2.7, people is going to get a taste of Fontaine vibe, or maybe not if they still keep him for 2.7 and reuse diaglogue in the past which is unlikely.

1.54 AP advantage for Shizue, NPI so nothing weird with Shenhe's talisman spirits, yeah shouldn't be a stomp

Could anyone tell me if geo energy is magic in genshin impact? Its an important factor in this fight
https://vsbattles.com/threads/commandment-of-piety-vs-prime-of-the-adept.135485/
Idk if there’s an official answer, but I’ve always considered elemental energy a form of magic, and I think that’s how the wiki treats it too, it’s not exactly an organic, scientifically explainable phenomenon in Genshin’s physics, very little is known about the working of visions

If Visions aren't magic then traveller being able to use elemental energy without vision sounds like one.
but tbh Elemental energy functions both as magic and not so its kinda hard to say if its really magic or not

If Visions aren't magic then traveller being able to use elemental energy without vision sounds like one.
but tbh Elemental energy functions both as magic and not so its kinda hard to say if its really magic or not
I mean magic does exist in GI with the existence of witches, mages and Sumeru Academy but similar to Alchemy it seems to be a by-product of the world itself rather than being directly connected to the visions/elements although they can be used together.

Jesus do you even know what verse equalization is? Just because it doesnt use the word magic means nothing. If the system themselves are decently similar then it should be fine to equalize.

Jesus do you even know what verse equalization is? Just because it doesnt use the word magic means nothing. If the system themselves are decently similar then it should be fine to equalize.
it literally removes an advantage characters who use geo energy have if the opponent has resistance to petrification via another energy source. it just doesn't make sense to do that at all. that'd be making a chakra aura also have the same attributes of a nen aura.

So your argument against equalization is that it inturn would be unfair for Zhong? If its a stomp it won't be added regardless.
chakra aura also have the same attributes of a nen aura.
False equivalence. Anyways im not gunna start an argument in here of all places. I just corrected your statement to not be a completely unfair representation of the quandry

I think it’s fair to equalise that Genshin Elemental Energy is magic, it’s not a normal organic or scientific product, that would be something like Albedo’s alchemy or Klee’s bombs. So I guess some characters have abilities outside of magic but Zhongli probably ain’t one of them unless you count Adepti arts, which could be a different story but also maybe not

Currently we can say that it's magic, until actual magic in Genshin said otherwise and i sure we will get more info on in verse magic once more of the witch is realeased, tho currently we do have Mona not needing vision to do her stuff and it also doesn't do much for her aside from being a study object and always getting her wet apparently, and the traveller asking Lisa to teach them magic, all of which aren't necessarily hard evidence but it exist.

What's genshin impact about?
Genshin’s plot surrounds the two siblings Aether and Lumine, they are separated while trying to cross worlds, as one is taken by an unknown God and the other is knocked out for a few thousand years and loses their powers. The sibling not kidnapped then begins a journey to find their missing relative, travelling across the continent/world of Teyvat and helping it’s nations and their corresponding Gods in times of crisis along the way.

that’s a simple and relatively spoiler free synopsis, I’ve not talked about anything you’ll not figure out through the opening tutorial and cutscene

Currently we can say that it's magic, until actual magic in Genshin said otherwise and i sure we will get more info on in verse magic once more of the witch is realeased, tho currently we do have Mona not needing vision to do her stuff and it also doesn't do much for her aside from being a study object and always getting her wet apparently, and the traveller asking Lisa to teach them magic, all of which aren't necessarily hard evidence but it exist.
Alchemy is a thing in genshin. And i think there are mentions of magic stuff, will check later.

I am pretty sure it's stated Mona already could use her water magic without the Hydro Vision her teacher gave her, isn't it? Like she was already a mage prior to getting it and she even says the Vision serves no practical use for her at all, that it essentially only increases her martial prowess/power.

Also remember that Signora's powers are some some of "Liquid Fire" magic completely unrelated to Visions as she does not have a Pyro Vision or Delusion at all.

Last edited:
Speaking of which.. Would it actually give Mona the advantage of Signora if they were to battle, since ya know she has Liquid Fire magic and all.

Back