• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

General question about Attack Power and Durability scaling, focused on Millennium Emperor Nova:

Was just looking at Child Emperor's profile and noticed the Brave Giant durability was "Likely 7-A" for "Survived the energy of the Emperor Nova, albeit with extremely heavy damage. Tanked multiple hits from Hellfire Flame and Gale Wind".

Not arguing any changes to the rating, since I don't see any issues with "Tanked multiple hits from Hellfire Flame and Gale Wind". But the "Survived the energy of the Emperor Nova, albeit with extremely heavy damage."? I don't see how that works. Sure, Brave Giant generated that amount of energy, released it, and wasn't destroyed by it, but only in a very specific way: with the hands and internal energy technology tanking it as it was designed to do. Could Brave Giant really tank that blast hitting it from the outside? I doubt it. Anymore than a cannon automatically can tank a cannon ball.

Same with anyone making some energy blast, whether it be magic, tech or whatever, just because you can make a powerful blast doesn't automatically mean you can tank that powerful of a blast. Such as Dragon Ball when two people beam struggle. Sure, they both are about equal with their beams. But if one guy didn't block it with his own energy blast, he'd be oneshot instantly. Just as Brave Giant likely would be if its final blast hit it from the outside.

Is there some general principle other than Newton's Third Law that I am missing, or some scaling rule?

I think that this makes sense. We do not tend to automatically scale durability from energy blasts.

We only really use newton's third law when it's a physical attack afaik. I don think we automatically scale durability to things like laser beams

Back