• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

General OPM Revision Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Make the crows downscale to the next tier below, 7-C, as they can still hurt Suiryu and this isn't dragon ball where his durability would drop far below his actual level when injured.

Make the crows downscale to the next tier below, 7-C, as they can still hurt Suiryu and this isn't dragon ball where his durability would drop far below his actual level when injured.
Might be fine.

Part of the problem too is that Suiryu accomplished his feat with his leg, whereas the Three Crows damaged him by punching him in the face. Face is a lot more vulnerable than the leg so it's going to be easier to damage.

So downscaling would be better.

Small Town level+
7-C for everyone at this rate
Fortunately, Elder Centipede's dura and Psyko Jet are still Large Town level
Since most people agree, I'll upgrade everyone to Town level.

Last edited:
Firstly, I'm not signed into VK.com, and I refuse to be.

Secondly, I didn't say the leg and the abdomen were the same size. I pixel scaled the leg from the abdomen's stated size of 15 metres, and said that all the legs are shown to be the same size.

Firstly, I'm not signed into VK.com, and I refuse to be.

Secondly, I didn't say the leg and the abdomen were the same size. I pixel scaled the leg from the abdomen's stated size of 15 metres, and said that all the legs are shown to be the same size.
Why did you do it? Why didn't you just use the Centipede's body width? They are literally both at the same depth. No, not even like that, the leg goes slightly FORWARD in depth, because of which the overall result becomes larger. Use the width of the Centipede's body. And by the way, aren't 15 meters pre-molting Centipedes?

I didn't use EC's body width there because that wasn't simply his width. We see in the previous and earlier shots that he was actually turned sideways. This makes the results less accurate than what you're claiming.

Plus, even if you were right, the results are almost identical (well within a metre, but a little lower) regardless. I just felt like being more accurate.

This is pre-molt centipede.

Last edited:
I didn't use EC's body width there because that wasn't simply his width. We see in the previous and earlier shots that he was actually turned sideways. This makes the results less accurate than what you're claiming.

Plus, even if you were right, the results are almost identical (well within a metre, but a little lower) regardless. I just felt like being more accurate.

This is pre-molt centipede.
First, it's not. The result will change, and significantly, the very minimum is that the level will be without a plus. Second, how is this to be understood? Are you not using the width because it's curved? Are you saying that it would be inaccurate to take the width because the centipede is twisted? Ironically, Centipede's blades also go slightly forward, which makes picking blades for pasting even more inaccurate than width. However, taking the width is the best option. First, the Centipede's width is much greater than its height. This tells us that if we can see the entire width of the Centipede in an ideal way, the width of its body will appear as large as possible. Because if the Centipede is twisted, then we will perceive the width of his body as less than it is. Therefore, the widest part of its body is the most accurate way to scale the size of the explosion. Because the wider the Centipede's body near the explosion, the greater the percentage of its actual width is shown to us. In this case, the width of the body near the blade you've chosen, in my opinion, shows the full width of its body. It will be absolutely accurate. Also, comparing blade and width, I get that despite being comparable in previous scans, in this scan the width is much larger than the blade.

First, it's not. The result will change, and significantly, the very minimum is that the level will be without a plus.
I did the pixel scaling. It's like a few percent out. Where are you getting this from? I measured at the abdomen.
Are you not using the width because it's curved?
No. I'm not using it because he's literally facing the other way.
Ironically, Centipede's blades also go slightly forward, which makes picking blades for pasting even more inaccurate than width.
No it doesn't because this was one of the larger legs on panel, and it's equal in size to the other leg on the other side.
First, the Centipede's width is much greater than its height.
Totally, utterly irrelevant.
I get that despite being comparable in previous scans, in this scan the width is much larger than the blade.
No it isn't.

Literally from your same scan I got 225 px compared to 195.

Last edited:
In any case, why are you only calculating the width of the fireball? Shouldn't you be looking for the diameter that the shock wave has passed? Genos' shockwave traveled considerably more than the fireball. This will increase the result. Considering how thick and dense the shock wave is drawn, we can use the same pressure.

IIRC, the airburst formula isn't designed purely for shockwaves like the ground-based shockwave formula, but I could be wrong.

I'm mostly just going off what Kachon used in the original version.

If someone can confirm this, I'll change it to get a higher result.

IIRC, the airburst formula isn't designed purely for shockwaves like the ground-based shockwave formula, but I could be wrong.
So you're saying that we can't use the second formula because the explosion was in the air and not on the ground? It's sad, because in the case of using the widest shock waves, we will get a much larger result. Do we have some way to calculate the power of these shockwaves?

On another note, I've altered the sandbox a bit since 7-C Lightning Max and Sneck is agreed on.
So you're saying that we can't use the second formula because the explosion was in the air and not on the ground?
Yes.
It's sad, because in the case of using the widest shock waves, we will get a much larger result. Do we have some way to calculate the power of these shockwaves?
I'm not sure, sorry.

Wait a minute. But 438 meters is the diameter. I checked, this formula should use the radius, not the diameter. Why do you use 0.43 kilometers for rad?
Shit. You're right.
Genos' current Jet Drive Arrow calculations use 0.4 seconds and a smaller size for the distance travelled. And it is already accepted. I thought you already discussed this.
I was just misremembering what we used for the beam.

I didn't feel the need since the change is just removing a single word.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back