• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

General OPM Revision Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Should be easy to add then.

Understandable, but it might help with giving as good an overview as possible if we see all of the updated characters.

Here are two calcs for Rover AP:

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:User_Name_2/Overgrown_Rover's_AP_(Recalculation)
This one has a low 7-B high end that Therefir said could be fine but never gave a definitive evaluation, it could be useful
We need to decide if the floors were burned with heat aka incinerated or destroyed through force aka pulverized.

If we go with heat that would make the feat unusable for scaling, I think? That's what everyone is saying about Homeless Emperor's High 7-A feat.

We need to decide if the floors were burned with heat aka incinerated or destroyed through force aka pulverized.
Well the blasts create large explosions that leave debris and are described as "heat bombs" or "concentrated heat blasts" by Gyoro Gyoro, depending on translation

And here are other panels of Rover's blasts:

If we go with heat that would make the feat unusable for scaling, I think? That's what everyone is saying about Homeless Emperor's High 7-A feat.
I don't really agree with this logic because as you can see Rover blasts have some kind of tangibility and can be interacted with physically and this is the same with Homeless Emperor energy balls getting deflected by Iaian with his sword and cut and dispersed by Atomic Samurai

There is also Choze's blast that was grabbed, held and deflected by Suiryu with a kick.

Pretty sure heat scaling is still useable for durability, since even with massive heat resistance it doesn’t protect you from a heat value higher than your tier

Which I guess means you could say that the sun blade has high 7-A durability, and Garou would also scale to being able to take the heat of rover and Orochi’s blasts

Well the blasts create large explosions that leave debris and are described as "heat bombs" or "concentrated heat blasts" by Gyoro Gyoro, depending on translation

And here are other panels of Rover's blasts:

They're just giant fireballs yeah, not saying they don't have force behind them but almost al of the material they impact gets incarnated.
I don't really agree with this logic because as you can see Rover blasts have some kind of tangibility and can be interacted with physically and this is the same with Homeless Emperor energy balls getting deflected by Iaian with his sword and cut and dispersed by Atomic Samurai

There is also Choze's blast that was grabbed, held and deflected by Suiryu with a kick.
His orbs, while being physical, are described as balls of fire by HE himself. When attacking Iaian and seeing signs of resistance he claims to be "turning up to temperature" of his balls right before he tries to kill them. When he vaporizes the giant landmass it's not from impact or a shockwave being released from an impact. It's the fireball expanding and melting the rock it touched. This is clearly a temperature feat sadly

Pretty sure heat scaling is still useable for durability, since even with massive heat resistance it doesn’t protect you from a heat value higher than your tier

Which I guess means you could say that the sun blade has high 7-A durability, and Garou would also scale to being able to take the heat of rover and Orochi’s blasts
No, just heat resistance. Energy produced when melting something doesn't equate to actual impact energy.

Pretty sure a high 7-A with no resistance gets killed by a 7-B heat attack, but a high 7-A with high 7-A resistance can survive a 7-B heat attack

What I mean is that if 8-B is 1000 degrees or something, then someone who can withstand 1000 degrees is 8-B, even if not all 8-B people can withstand 1000 degrees
That’s just how I thought it worked

Like, I haven't got anything against some people here but this is just making mental gymnastics to downgrade the verse 😶

What I mean is that if 8-B is 1000 degrees or something, then someone who can withstand 1000 degrees is 8-B, even if not all 8-B people can withstand 1000 degrees
That’s just how I thought it worked
Temperature on the site more or less ignores durability. Even at the core of the sun a person isn't being exposed to more than Tier 7 levels of energy.

So withstanding heat is a resistance rather than a joules based durability thing. Though for Rover's case it's attacks are more like plasma balls that explode rather than beams of heat.

I understand that heat ignores durability, but I am just saying that the resistance doesn’t ignore AP
A 9-C character is not physically capable of withstanding the center of the sun even if they have heat resistance, because your resistance cannot be higher than your durability
which is the signfigance of heat having an AP in the first place

Do you guys not realize that we’ve been giving AP values for heat feats for ages now? This is very clearly just pulling “heat feats bad” out of your arses for the sake of baseless downgrades
I get that all these recalcs and stuff have got everyone riled up, but there’s no changing how we treat heat feats because of it

Do you guys not realize that we’ve been giving AP values for heat feats for ages now? This is very clearly just pulling “heat feats bad” out of your arses for the sake of baseless downgrades
I get that all these recalcs and stuff have got everyone riled up, but there’s no changing how we treat heat feats because of it
Todoroki had every single one of his temperature feats removed bc of that. They don’t scale conventionally. Now show me all of these “accepted” temperature feats.

Todoroki had every single one of his temperature feats removed bc of that. They don’t scale conventionally. Now show me all of these “accepted” temperature feats.
How about the ones on the page of the verse we’re talking about
One second heat feats are accepted because they are, and the next second heat feats aren’t accepted because “we don’t do that”
I’m going to need an actual source of evidence for this

How about the ones on the page of the verse we’re talking about
One second heat feats are accepted because they are, and the next second heat feats aren’t accepted because “we don’t do that”
I’m going to need an actual source of evidence for this
Bro, if you’re melting rock via high temperatures it’s not scaling to impact energy because heat energy is quite literally the same. Todoroki is a prime example.
Just because something is accepted in the past doesn’t mean it’s always correct.

Also, I don't think it's fair to boil down (pun intended) Rover or Homeless Emperor's attacks to simply heat-based abilities. Sure, they are heat balls, but the things that are being calced is the damage as a result of them exploding, not them just moving through and melting the area effected.

I disagree with it being regulated to heat resistance, but I also disagree with vaporization in this case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back