• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

General Godzilla Discussion

Also watching the movie, I don't see why Ghidorah is suppose to be stronger. Even in Antarctica they both were relatively fighting on par with each other and in Boston, after Godzilla got amped by the nuke, Ghidorah also had to absorb something because he was getting overwhelmed which is why I think they're both just simply equal to each other

Also watching the movie, I don't see why Ghidorah is suppose to be stronger. Even in Antarctica they both were relatively fighting on par with each other and in Boston, after Godzilla got amped by the nuke, Ghidorah also had to absorb something because he was getting overwhelmed which is why I think they're both just simply equal to each other
But the absorption was only used in a one time attack. Also, in the GVK novel are there any statements about Serizawa’s nuke? I heard there was one but I’m unsure

Last edited:
I remember there was a High 4-C calc for Pachinko G, but i can't find

Iirc, it was because it used the Gorath from the movie of the same name where it was a star

I remember there was a High 4-C calc for Pachinko G, but i can't find

Iirc, it was because it used the Gorath from the movie of the same name where it was a star
It's funny you mentioned that about stars, because in the GvK novel Godzilla's species is part of the Iwi/Skull Island mythology where one of his ancestors was treated as some creature who ate a "star" as Jia put it and became evil where upon then went to war with Kong's species

Last edited:
It's funny you mentioned that about stars, because in the GvK novel Godzilla's species is part of the Iwi/Skull Island mythology where one of hos ancestors was treated as some creature who ate a "star" as Jia put it and became evil where upon then went to war with Kong's species
If we can confirm that the meteorite in Pachinko game is Gorath then it will upgrade G to Large Star level

Ghidorah absorbed radiation from the volcano in Isla de Mara too.
I remember hearing about that but if I recall correctly that was for regeneration (which is inconsistent with the movie but I believe that’s how the novel states it). I’ll see if I can find the exact quote later. Also, on a side note who would want to see a Monsterverse Mothra film on either HBO Max or in cinemas/theaters?

Here’s the exact quote from the novel: “Monster Zero wasn’t pissing on Rodan’s territory and he wasn’t dying. He’d come to the Demon’s Nest for the lava, the radiation moving up from beneath the earth. Searching for the nourishment he needed to regrow his freaking head.” There isn’t really anything that implies the volcano made him stronger.

Alright so, to anyone that is curious no there isn't much to go by with Serizawa's nuke explosion but according to the novelization the Monarch team entered some of sort of ocean vortex before making it to Godzilla's home and the explosion from the nuke was potent enough to blast the submarine they were in from the city all the way back up to the surface

Alright so, to anyone that is curious no there isn't much to go by with Serizawa's nuke explosion but according to the novelization the Monarch team entered some of sort of ocean vortex before making it to Godzilla's home and the explosion from the nuke was potent enough to blast the submarine they were in from the city all the way back up to the surface
Quite big then. Seems like 600 miles is still our best bet for the size of this explosion.

They said something about being thirty thousand yards from the convergence zone or the surface probably. We could also determine where Godzilla was sleeping, because if we go by the events of Awakening Godzilla would've have had to find a home near the core of the earth to have a constant stream of radiation for nourishment

They said something about being thirty thousand yards from the convergence zone or the surface probably. We could also determine where Godzilla was sleeping, because if we go by the events of Awakening Godzilla would've have had to find a home near the core of the earth to have a constant stream of radiation for nourishment
Oh yeah the 30000 yards part. I interpreted that as the distance to the portal but the nuke clearly extends further than that as it pushes the sub to the surface which was 600 miles away. Here’s the quote “Thirty thousand yards until we're outside the convergence zone,”. Also I still need to find where Dougherty said about the nuke making the water level lower. I’m beginning to suspect he didn’t say it but even without that I believe there is enough evidence to justify the nuke stretching around 600 miles. Also, thanks for reminding me about that Awakening quote that’s even more evidence that the nuke was beyond 30000 yards in blast radius/diameter. Here’s the scan that provides the exact quote:
udxoCIozdush49eR4F5Vav4NdWeVfr-WBwjI5Lo0QwNbNsiT0s2ndDeAN7Hlas682LZ-dlnPR2TT=s0

Last edited:
Here’s the exact quote from the novel: “Monster Zero wasn’t pissing on Rodan’s territory and he wasn’t dying. He’d come to the Demon’s Nest for the lava, the radiation moving up from beneath the earth. Searching for the nourishment he needed to regrow his freaking head.” There isn’t really anything that implies the volcano made him stronger.
And it doesn't implies that it didn't make him stronger... it is based on his absorption... And that explains why he kept up with a Supercharged Godzilla even when a base Godzilla already defeated him in the past and when he ran away in the first fight in the movie...

And it doesn't implies that it didn't make him stronger... it is based on his absorption... And that explains why he kept up with a Supercharged Godzilla even when a base Godzilla already defeated him in the past and when he ran away in the first fight in the movie...
But the quote specifically states that he used the radiation to grow his head back not for anything else. If there is proof that Ghidorah used the radiation from the volcano to get stronger then I’ll agree that he uses it for more than just a few one time cases. However, neither the film or the novel presents him as significantly stronger post amp, he just is that strong at base. When he absorbed the energy from the volcano, it was to regrow his head. When he absorbed energy from Boston, it was to power his wing lightning. The film takes care to show him as an overwhelming threat to Godzilla, that requires both Serizawa’s nuke and Mothra’s energy to finally kill. Also as I have pointed out, it is very likely that Godzilla beat Ghidorah in water, given that he was frozen in ice.

His absorption being said to amp his regeneration doesn't implies that he didn't get any stronger, because that is literally what his absorption is, to make him stronger. Ghidorah being frozen doesn't proves that their fight was in water... He could had just fall in the water and get sealed by the ice. It doesn't make sense for him not getting stronger when he lost to a base Godzilla in the past and ran away after millions of years again from a base Godzilla.

Are you arguing that Ghidorah was weakened when he was defeated by Godzilla in ancient times? That is an interesting interpretation. I still believe that Godzilla fought Ghidorah in the water but this explanation also seems fairly plausible. I’m still pretty sure that Ghidorah is stronger than Godzilla then. Mainly because he’s a villain and villains are usually superior to heroes in their best aspect (which in Godzilla’s case is his strength)

I know, I meant in the sense that they're both equals if evident they've been fighting each other for literal centuries and that they're both considered as being Titans on another class in comparison to the rest of them

From what I saw in the anime, several interesting things were mentioned, we can get a good tier for Godzilla singular point, although he himself has not yet appeared.

That's the problem! That should've been the trilogy instead of making it part of a barely 2 minute long intro
Yeah that trilogy was massively disappointing. They are using animation now which means Godzilla should be able to do a ton of new movements due to more technical freedom but nope. He just walks slower than any other Godzilla. Here’s to hoping that Singular Point is better.

This just in, in the opening cinematic of gvk there is a stat list for godzilla one of which states that godzilla's atomic breath energy output is 3.15*10^14 joules (315 terajoules) which is 75286 tons of tnt or 75 kilotons

Also I watched 2 episodes of godzilla singular point and there are mentions of insects flying through 4-D space and stuff like that during the sciency parts. Basically we may get 4D characters in the anime, i haven't gotten to ep 3-4 as i cannot find them and i cannot buy netflix in this country

This just in, in the opening cinematic of gvk there is a stat list for godzilla one of which states that godzilla's atomic breath energy output is 3.15*10^14 joules (315 terajoules) which is 75286 tons of tnt or 75 kilotons

Also I watched 2 episodes of godzilla singular point and there are mentions of insects flying through 4-D space and stuff like that during the sciency parts. Basically we may get 4D characters in the anime, i haven't gotten to ep 3-4 as i cannot find them and i cannot buy netflix in this country
Where have to watched it because it hasn’t come to my Netflix yet

Back