• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

General Godzilla Discussion

The removal of minigames from Save the Earth are one of thing i feels upset lel
The mini jet jaguar minigame was always my least favorite as a kid, lol
because it had weird camera and many mini jet jaguars following you and attacking you like lmao i thought that was rather scary like imagine walking at night somewhere random and being followed and attacked by small creeps

so some unpopular opinions of mine:
  • I think Anime MechaG is a good design
  • 55 is a nice design
  • 98 is still bad but overhated
  • Godzilla (98) is a ok design that doesn't deserve the hate
  • I think KOTM was not a good movie
  • Destoroyah is overrated (still good tho)

YES I SAID IT
This is a cool design imo
images

For all intents and purposes, KOTM is my second favorite MonsterVerse film. The rest of the list includes:
1. Godzilla vs Kong
2. Godzilla King of the Monsters
3. Kong: Skull Island
4. Godzilla 2014

There's something sort of beautiful and a bit unsettling about the effects of the 1954 gojira

Also I hope to monster verse Godzilla Jr

Can u imagine shin Godzilla Jr?

There's something sort of beautiful and a bit unsettling about the effects of the 1954 gojira
I think it's because due to the film being in black and white, that way it's unsettling seeing a humongous creature of atomic existence decimating mankind in it's wake and lighting a city of once prosperity in a ball of fire and death

I think it's because due to the film being in black and white, that way it's unsettling seeing a humongous creature of atomic existence decimating mankind in it's wake and lighting a city of once prosperity in a ball of fire and death
I also love the very iffy stop motions effect, it just adds a level of quality to the creepiness. And honestly, no goji film or even shin goji has ever captured that level of unsettling ness.

I kinda think it'd be cool if we saw a stop motion animation Godzilla film. Like imagine carolina, but it's Godzilla

Also, my view on how they portrayed Mechagodzilla in Godzilla vs Kong is despite with short screentime, MonsterVerse Mechagodzilla did a really impressive exhibition there and pretty much successfully bring the full sci-fi to the kaiju war zone, doesn't mention this Mechagodzilla is a nemesis incarnation which made him unique

What my view on other Mech-G's? Here:

• Showa Mechagodzilla: straight up alien tool
  • Heisei Mechagodzilla/Mechagodzilla 2: destructive defender robot
  • Kiryu: Reborn as Superhero
  • AnimeMechagodzilla: M E T R O P O L I S

That's my views, and Kiryu is still my fave Mechagodzilla incarnation of all time, seconded with MonsterVerse Mechagodzilla

Doesn't mention Kiryu origin is kind of dramatic: from a remnant of 54 Goji, reborn as humanity defeder gainst the second coming Godzilla, and don't get me started with his conclusion in Tokyo S.O.S

Also I can't help but feel sorry for Godzilla filius? Like, he's literally done nothing wrong, it's not like he's done what his dad did, and then these humans just come in attacking him and mistook him for his dad, and he looks almost kind of sad or pitiful when he dies, as if he's confused as to what is going on who are these people attacking him.

Also I can't help but feel sorry for Godzilla filius? Like, he's literally done nothing wrong, it's not like he's done what his dad did, and then these humans just come in attacking him and mistook him for his dad, and he looks almost kind of sad or pitiful when he dies, as if he's confused as to what is going on who are these people attacking him.

No wonder his dad is pissed off lel

Anyway, does anybody remember Rebirth of Mothra trilogy?

You know a bit of an unpopular opinion here, but I always found this design of Godzilla to look weird and never exactly liked it even if it's serviceable

Back