• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

General Godzilla Discussion

Speaking of the MonsterVerse, I love how Antarctica there plays into Dante's Inferno as being a prison for a devil like monster.
See in Inferno, the 9th circle/Cocytus is where the devil was imprisoned when Lucifer fell from heaven and is described as being a frozen lake which is very similar to Ghidorah being an alien from beyond earth and then inevitably being imprisoned by Godzilla or some other Titan in Antarctica, so it plays onto the idea of Ghidorah being the devil made into an alien space dragon. Some probably already knew this, but it's like what I love about King of The Monsters and even though it's grounded in science it has this sense of spirituality that makes it special.

So the full release of Godzilla Dominion and Kingdom Kong just came out

I really love how they handled Godzilla perspective here, its so well done, our Big G considered the earth as his home (note: i mean earth is everything in the earth and not just mountains, lands, and oceans) and the way he did his job as the alpha titans are so good

As for the kaijus in Dominion i really digging what they did here, Amhuluk and Kraken designs are so alien-ish despite being a earth kaijus, Scylla fight scene was pretty good, Behemoth were badass here, but what i really love is Tiamat was implied as Godzilla rival. Meth got a cameo treatment but its still good

Kingdom Kong showed another human perspective but still made Kong here a badass, and we got the new kaiju for Kong to handled aside the Skullcrawlers and be real, we wanted a Kong fight that not against a lizards

@Veloxt1r0kore I like how, even if it's not said directly, Godzilla has learned to kind of care about humanity and during Dominion he kept the Titans in check to make sure they didn't destroy any human settlements and I think him keeping the Titans in hibernation while he goes hunting for Ghidorah's head is also him making sure there's no collateral damage from them if the Titans fall to Ghidorah's influence again.

Anyway, i just re-readed it and it looks like Godzilla rivals isn't Tiamat but something else, as seen when he saw the Kongs skulls near the end of the comic, that tell something

My guesses are its either the new MonsterVerse titans/kaijus or another Toho kaiju adaptation, but the latter kind of hard to predict, it could be Anguirus but so far as i tell, Anguirus was portrayed as Godzilla best friend so its unlikely

I hope Michael Dougherty gets to direct another Godzilla movie and I hope they eventually revive Mothra (she was originally gonna be in GVK but was cut for some reason)

Yeah, ironically I think COVID 19 might've helped GvK be so successful because since no one's not releasing much films it gives GvK the opportunity to be the big blockbuster in post pandemic film industry

Yeah, ironically I think COVID 19 might've helped GvK be so successful because since no one's not releasing much films it gives GvK the opportunity to be the big blockbuster in post pandemic film industry
Like what happened with KOTM. They released it during a massively crowded period and while it still did pretty well it didn’t do as much as they were hoping. I just hope legendary realises that that’s why it didn’t do as well and not because people didn’t like it (I know some people don’t like it now but when it came out a vast majority of the audience were defending it from critics and it still sits at an 83% audience score, the second highest of the Monsterverse)

@1000TonsofFun King of The Monsters was epic, I can understand not liking the human characters but ffs the monsters were brimmimg with so much personality and character that I honestly question why some criritcs will continue to say that these are just mindless monster fights
Even as a massive fan of Godzilla, I just don't think it was a great film. The human characters were atrocious, the monster action was choppy and obscured (though what was visible was excellent), Mothra and Rodan were underutilized, etc.

I also hated how much of a bitch Rodan was portrayed in the movie. This one's just a nitpick though.

Even as a massive fan of Godzilla, I just don't think it was a great film. The human characters were atrocious, the monster action was choppy and obscured (though what was visible was excellent), Mothra and Rodan were underutilized, etc.

I also hated how much of a bitch Rodan was portrayed in the movie. This one's just a nitpick though.
That's fair, I highly enjoyed the movie myself and it's my second favorite MonsterVerse film next to Godzilla vs Kong

I actually think the humans in KOTM are some of the best in the Monsterverse and it currently resides as my favourite of them followed closely by K:SI. I also loved the use of classic Ifukube And Yuji Koseki themed and Ghidorah’s theme was absolutely haunting. Also, @Hunterzillas I’m sorry but I have to disagree about Rodan’s portrayal. He was an absolute badass imo and the only reason he bowed to Ghidorah and later Godzilla was because he realised he wasn’t strong enough to take them on but he still was a pretty stand out monster in his first scene. If I have one complaint it’s that Mothra only has like five minutes of screen time. I’m actually fine with the cutaways but the fact that Mothra has not much screen time is a little disappointing. However, if this image is to be believed then we should be seeing her shortly should the MV continue
godzilla-vs-kong-concept-art-reveals-peek-at-unused-mothra-cut-scene-32.jpg

Last edited:
Btw can I edit Ghidorah’s profile to make him class G via scaling to Godzilla? Could I also edit both Godzilla and Ghidorah to say either Ghidorah is superior or he is equal to Godzilla?

I actually think the humans in KOTM are some of the best in the Monsterverse and it currently resides as my favourite of them followed closely by K:SI. I also loved the use of classic Ifukube And Yuji Koseki themed and Ghidorah’s theme was absolutely haunting. Also, @Hunterzillas I’m sorry but I have to disagree about Rodan’s portrayal. He was an absolute badass imo and the only reason he bowed to Ghidorah and later Godzilla was because he realised he wasn’t strong enough to take them on but he still was a pretty stand out monster in his first scene. If I have one complaint it’s that Mothra only has like five minutes of screen time. I’m actually fine with the cutaways but the fact that Mothra has not much screen time is a little disappointing. However, if this image is to be believed then we should be seeing her shortly should the MV continue
Nothing to really apologize for, I get it's all preference. I just grew up with Ghidorah: The Three-Headed Monster and the OG Rodan, who was portrayed as Godzilla's equal. He was like Vegeta to Godzilla's Goku, except they were both assholes.

I brought this up earlier, but shouldn't mechagoji earth be Unknown possibilly 6-A?

Nothing to really apologize for, I get it's all preference. I just grew up with Ghidorah: The Three-Headed Monster and the OG Rodan, who was portrayed as Godzilla's equal. He was like Vegeta to Godzilla's Goku, except they were both assholes.
Tbf I think the reason for Rodan's seemingly bitchy persona is because the movie seems to portray Rodan as being a force of chaos who will join sides at a whim if he suits his needs, like a demon serving the devil but begging for leniency to God or Godzilla to be spared

No I meant his first key, he was a threat enough for the young Godzilla to go out of his way to destroy him before he was done, and wa sbuilt with the purpose to destroy him, I feel that would at the very least warrant a "possibly"

No I meant his first key, he was a threat enough for the young Godzilla to go out of his way to destroy him before he was done, and wa sbuilt with the purpose to destroy him, I feel that would at the very least warrant a "possibly"
Oh yeah sure...

But I don't know.... hmm maybe you need to open a CRT for that

Back