• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

General Godzilla Discussion

Emirp sumitpo

VS Battles
Thread Moderator
I'm surprised this has not been done. Welcome to the General Godzilla Discussion Thread! This is the place to talk about stuff related to Godzilla and all related form of media to the franchise

main-qimg-535a0e63d0e5f59275f5305bf62b1f7e

shin-godzilla-walker-art-book-9.jpeg

BTW, is it just me or is Shin Godzilla the closest we've gotten to having a Eldritch horror interpretation of Godzilla? IDK, the design and how the movie was originally going to end really convey a sense of this Godzilla being a incomprehensible thing beyond our existence and his mere presence brings death and chaos everywhere

I definitely think that was the intent, and AFAIK, it was stated in one of the artbooks that Shin Goji would've evolved into something far more horrific had he not been frozen

Still hoping that Shin Goji gets a sequel ngl, it was a fantastic remake of the 1954 movie.

shin-godzilla-walker-art-book-9.jpeg

BTW, is it just me or is Shin Godzilla the closest we've gotten to having a Eldritch horror interpretation of Godzilla? IDK, the design and how the movie was originally going to end really convey a sense of this Godzilla being a incomprehensible thing beyond our existence and his mere presence brings death and chaos everywhere
i think Hell says otherwise
ojcb3dl0cf231.png

I definitely think that was the intent, and AFAIK, it was stated in one of the artbooks that Shin Goji would've evolved into something far more horrific had he not been frozen
I think that same art book even made mention that Shin would've evolved to the point that it would've become the ENTIRE universe itself and practically become god itself.
Also sadly, there was plans for a sequel but unfortunately that's not happening anymore and I guess Shin is just gonna be a standalone film

I kinda agree, it probably might've spoilt the narrative, but it would've been interesting to see where it would've went.

I think that same art book even made mention that Shin would've evolved to the point that it would've become the ENTIRE universe itself and practically become god itself.
Low 2-C Shin Goji

Also I just noticed something fellas, like the OG film from 1962 Kong tried to force feed Godzilla his axe in this new movie. I guess old habits die hard, huh?

That's gonna be an issue because apperantly Legendary's license to use Godzilla expired in 2020, so Godzilla vs Kong might be the last MonsterVerse film. BUT, it is possible that we could see a renewal of the license if Godzilla vs Kong does well enough at the box office and on Twitter the hashtag #ContinuetheMonsterVerse is trending on Twitter.

Just wondering, but considering Mechagoji earth is implied to be comparable to young Goji earth, and was made to fight him, shouldn't he be: "Unknown, possibly 6-A"?

You know, from watched Godzilla 2014 to Godzilla vs Kong, i love how they portrayed Big man G as Alpha Predator of Force Nature, while the showa portrayed him as goofy kaiju to straigh up superhero from Godzilla vs Hedorah to Terror of Mechagodzilla, and heisei portrayed him as destructible anti-hero

The best portray for me until this day was GMK Goji seconded with Shin Goji, never seen Godzilla being absolute evil and chaos incarnate

Barring Godzilla mourning Godzilla Junior's supposed death and his own death, this has always been the saddest Heisei Godzilla moment IMO and really cements that beyond that destructive power and malicious intent to humanity lies an animal mutated against it's will who cries in the face of death.

Barring Godzilla mourning Godzilla Junior's supposed death and his own death, this has always been the saddest Heisei Godzilla moment IMO and really cements that beyond that destructive power and malicious intent to humanity lies an animal mutated against it's will who cries in the face of death.

Pretty much, but then in next movie he showed up and be like "jokes on you, i still live b***h!"

Pretty much, but then in next movie he showed up and be like "jokes on you, i still live b***h!"
That may because The Return of Godzilla IIRC was created by Toho to test the waters of a more serious Godzilla film being something fans wanted, and because it was successful we got Godzilla vs Biollante and every other subsequent Heisei film

That may because The Return of Godzilla IIRC was created by Toho to test the waters of a more serious Godzilla film being something fans wanted, and because it was successful we got Godzilla vs Biollante and every other subsequent Heisei film

Toho went to more serious tone for heisei Godzilla was pretty much a good move back in the day, imagine if it fail

On funny note, i love how humanity in heisei saga created so much mecha but in the end they return to vehicle

images

Does anyone remember this chad?

he was my main in Unleashed which has one of the most poggers ost in Godzilla history

man, i want both to come back one day
they have some pretty cool design which would work in something like a Comic

Godzilla Unleashed could've been so much more, even better then Save the Earth, but it felt so mediocre and bogged down cause they released on the Wii and added in unneascary motion controls

Back