• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

General Godzilla Discussion

Unpopular opinion but am i the only one who disliked Godzilla original roar being added in KOTM? It felt out of place IMO like why is he suddenly making new sounds and noises, next film he never does it again. In 2014 he has the same roar. Kotm is literally the only film where he makes those roars. I get that Dougherty wanted to make it seem like an old Godzilla film but it really seems added in there just because with no explanation.

Unpopular opinion but am i the only one who disliked Godzilla original roar being added in KOTM? It felt out of place IMO like why is he suddenly making new sounds and noises, next film he never does it again. In 2014 he has the same roar. Kotm is literally the only film where he makes those roars. I get that Dougherty wanted to make it seem like an old Godzilla film but it really seems added in there just because with no explanation.
It was a bit fan servicey I suppose, but he didn't do it often did he?

One word: Fanservice

The opening of KOTM was a clear reference to the OG 1954 film, I'm pretty sure the roars were added on purpose though Godzilla's new roars feel better for the film

I really hope to see what they could with many of the other monsters, hope to see spacegodzilla and hopefully even M.O.G.U.E.R.A. or a second version of MechaGodzilla as an ally for Godzilla, hopefully something kiryu inspired uwu

Also, I remember seeing somewhere that monsterverse mechagodzilla is based upon terminator?

Ooh wait, it'd be cool as well to see monster X or even jet jaguar. The latter could sorta replace MechaGodzilla as the Robotic protector of humanity

Holy shit Jia in the Godzilla vs Kong is savage, like while talking to Ilene she straight up says that if it means protecting Kong she'll help him slay Godzilla with no fear whatsoever

What is with these goddamn bloodthirsty kids nowadays. Must be them social media smh

I really hope to see what they could with many of the other monsters, hope to see spacegodzilla and hopefully even M.O.G.U.E.R.A. or a second version of MechaGodzilla as an ally for Godzilla, hopefully something kiryu inspired uwu

Also, I remember seeing somewhere that monsterverse mechagodzilla is based upon terminator?

M.O.G.U.E.R.A will be cool too since in the heisei saga M.O.G.U.E.R.A was created from the remnant of Mechagodzilla, the question is how they gonna do the gattai sequence tho? Lel

I mean the design was already scream terminator vibe on it

This video here implies that Camazotz actually moved Ghidorah’s storm. Has anyone read both Kingdom Kong and the GVK novelisation? Is this interpretation correct? Also, why are MUTO Prime and King Ghidorah still only Class M? Couldn’t they fight at least on par with Godzilla?

Last edited:
Not really, wasn't mentioned.
And speaking of novels, in the King of The Monsters novelization it was stated on two seperate occasions that Godzilla defeated Ghidorah in ancient times and sealed him in Antarctica which is backed by WOG. I feel this could be used on Godzilla's profile and justify him and Ghidorah being equals in power
That’s a good statement for Ghidorah being equal to Godzilla. However, I still think Ghidorah is stronger because we don’t know how Godzilla beat Ghidorah. Ghidorah was stuck in ice in KOTM likely meaning the fight was in water. We know what happens to Ghidorahs when they’re wet

Back