• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

General DC Comics Discussion Thread

Can this feat at least be calculated to see the results?
Probably not, all it says is "we transmit gravity waves from heavy mass galaxies -- we can hold any super being."

No info as to the amount or size of galaxies, and as a concept it's fuzzy because the strength of gravity depends on proximity and density, among other things. To reach any conclusion you will need to make a wide range of assumptions about how this even works.

I could do it, I guess, but how many galaxies do I have to use?
Probably not, all it says is "we transmit gravity waves from heavy mass galaxies -- we can hold any super being."

No info as to the amount or size of galaxies, and as a concept it's fuzzy because the strength of gravity depends on proximity and density, among other things. To reach any conclusion you will need to make a wide range of assumptions about how this even works.
What if we use the smallest galaxy found and restrict the feat to 3-4 galaxies in total? If not, that's fine.

What if we use the smallest galaxy found and restrict the feat to 3-4 galaxies in total? If not, that's fine.
It doesn't really work. We are currently inside a galaxy, about halfway between the center and the edge. Are we being crushed? No.

To picture "gravity waves of a galaxy" as harming Superman in some way, we have to speculate pretty wildly about what is actually happening, because density increases the strength of gravity. If the Earth were 2x as dense, we would feel 2x heavier. If we imagined the full mass of a galaxy was as dense as a golf ball, the gravitational pull would be incredibly extreme if you were right next to it, but galaxies are very far apart, the Milky Way is 100,000 light years apart.

We can't make any reasonable predictions about what is being simulated here. The mass of the galaxy tells us nothing, because the density is the other element that determines the gravitational strength.

It doesn't really work. We are currently inside a galaxy, about halfway between the center and the edge. Are we being crushed? No.

To picture "gravity waves of a galaxy" as harming Superman in some way, we have to speculate pretty wildly about what is actually happening, because density increases the strength of gravity. If the Earth were 2x as dense, we would feel 2x heavier. If we imagined the full mass of a galaxy was as dense as a golf ball, the gravitational pull would be incredibly extreme if you were right next to it, but galaxies are very far apart, the Milky Way is 100,000 light years apart.

We can't make any reasonable predictions about what is being simulated here. The mass of the galaxy tells us nothing, because the density is the other element that determines the gravitational strength.
Well i though maybe the gravity was condensed just on him or something.

I haven't read the comic, so I couldn't say. I'm just going off of what was provided.
Alright. I have the same opinion; however the quantity of the galaxies should be somewhere at least provided because I don't think the author simply made a crazy random statement out of nowhere.

I’ve read it and it’s not talking about the mass or quantity of galaxies. Rather beings like that can transmute and transmit energy near those galaxies or quasars. We also can't use real-life logic with those of comics.

It doesn't scale Superman either way since he not tanking a full attack. Rather taking an attack that has the potential of that.

Is there any character who is “omnipotent” and has stated that in this verse? I may use it for my upcoming project. To be precise; I am asking if an omnipotent character simply has stated the definition/statements of omnipotence.

Is there any character who is “omnipotent” and has stated that in this verse? I may use it for my upcoming project. To be precise; I am asking if an omnipotent character simply has stated the definition/statements of omnipotence.
I only remember when two Titens steal Presence's powers and are called "Omnipotent".

There is also an old superman story called "Omnipotent superman".

But that's all i can think of, sorry.

Well, in Marvel Comics the cosmic cube entities during Tom DeFalco's reign as Marvel boss were repeatedly called "minor omnipotents" or similar, whereas the Celestials were presented as more powerful, for example.

Odin also used to be called omnipotent sometimes.

Someone asked me to post these here, probably related to the omnipotence thing (dunno, I've barely read DC comics outside of 15 volumes of Sandman):
Legends_of_the_DC_Universe_-_Issue_36_-_6.jpg
Legends_of_the_DC_Universe_-_Issue_36_-_18.jpg
Legends_of_the_DC_Universe_-_Issue_36_-_20.jpg
Legends_of_the_DC_Universe_-_Issue_36_-_21.jpg

Someone asked me to post these here, probably related to the omnipotence thing (dunno, I've barely read DC comics outside of 15 volumes of Sandman):
Legends_of_the_DC_Universe_-_Issue_36_-_6.jpg
Legends_of_the_DC_Universe_-_Issue_36_-_18.jpg
Legends_of_the_DC_Universe_-_Issue_36_-_20.jpg
Legends_of_the_DC_Universe_-_Issue_36_-_21.jpg
"Must acknowledge their limits" – I feel this goes against the definition itself as they are “no limits” beings.

I mean; sure. I can agree that omnipotence has many definitions or its fancy word to imply that he is God who is powerful.

Are there any beings who are actually confirmed to be omnipotent, and thus has all abilities in verse?
Well, omnipotence within the confines of one verse does not mean that it qualifies in another. Take Eru Ilúvatar for example.

Well, omnipotence within the confines of one verse does not mean that it qualifies in another.
Obviously!
Take Eru Ilúvatar for example.

Ya, this is understandable.

May I require further instance on this inquiry?
Is it accepted by the community and by VSBW?

I was gonna say that a weakness should be added to Amazo's page based on the recent World's Finest issue about how he'll eventually explode due to the feedback loop of copying powers from another power copier but apparently mainline Amazo he doesn't even have a page so I guess that's not happening. Might as well post the pages anyway. Though I have no idea what is even causing the copy feedback loop. Wtf are they copying after the initial copy? The two Amazos should have the exact same powers, them copying each other shouldn’t add power to the system. Oh well, whatever.
AIL4fc8lU_2XhUHdnebxj9xf7J3L8vLacY0xJcuXIcaScoVRYxaBruYQgkJHxfm8aMHmXe350oTNdQEInH0hEdtJKItK6qHeGnIa1KpXeWaYLutfE_7zrWIs1600.png
image.png

I was gonna say that a weakness should be added to Amazo's page based on the recent World's Finest issue about how he'll eventually explode due to the feedback loop of copying powers from another power copier but apparently mainline Amazo he doesn't even have a page so I guess that's not happening. Might as well post the pages anyway. Though I have no idea what is even causing the copy feedback loop. Wtf are they copying after the initial copy? The two Amazos should have the exact same powers, them copying each other shouldn’t add power to the system. Oh well, whatever.
AIL4fc8lU_2XhUHdnebxj9xf7J3L8vLacY0xJcuXIcaScoVRYxaBruYQgkJHxfm8aMHmXe350oTNdQEInH0hEdtJKItK6qHeGnIa1KpXeWaYLutfE_7zrWIs1600.png
image.png
This seems uncontroversial to add. Feel free to do so.

This seems uncontroversial to add. Feel free to do so.
Well if I wanted to add it I would have to create an actual page for comic Amazo first lmao. The only pages that exist are the DCAU, Arrowverse, and Justice League Action pages. I was honestly surprised he didn't have a page. I don't exactly have time to do all the research to make a page for him.

Back