• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

General DC Comics Discussion Thread

Wouldn't a character with supposed Omnipotence be a No-Limits Fallacy anyway?
Without any context, it's simply useless and not applicable for our tiering system. As for “context”; mostly those entities do have side-feats due to omnipotence; thus context is required.

Are there any scans of any other New Gods being explicitly, on panel confirmed as what they're the God of like these scans of Orion confirming he's the God of War, Battle, Warriors, and Heroes
I don't know if this counts but Mr. Miracle (Shilo Norman) getting shot and seemingly killed during Final Crisis coincided with one of Darkseid's lackeys saying that "freedom's spirit falls".
lYrjg3dgSXEdGV6rYNgrKT3UesnKunjI1m3CY9ymkpBrr8I8lQcNjQl6MCpurDKzC1f2SqIFw6ea=s1600

What does the tweet in question say? I have blocked my Twitter access.

"#Godzilla and #Kong will face off against the Justice League in a new comic series titled "Justice League vs. Godzilla vs. Kong" coming this October"

"#Godzilla and #Kong will face off against the Justice League in a new comic series titled "Justice League vs. Godzilla vs. Kong" coming this October"
Will it be considered canon? They're all owned by Warner Brothers.

I have a controversial opinion.

I think Superman scales above (possibly far above) Lobo, but Lobo doesn't downscale to Superman. Sure, in their first battle (Adventures of Superman #464, 1990) Lobo had an advantage over pre-Death of S Superman, but the implication is Superman was doing so badly because of The Eradicator slowly mind-controlling him into being a "true" and "logical" Kryptonian, which is later confirmed in the letters page,

In Adventures of Superman Annual #2 from August of the same year, Superman fights Lobo and has the advantage, fights Lar Gand (a Daxamite) and then gets jumped by Lobo and Lar Gand and incaps them both by slamming their heads together. To me, this means Superman is > or = Lobo when his mind isn't being compromised by the Eradicator.

Then in Adventure of Superman Annual #4, a crossover with The Eclipso Darkness Within event, Superman possessed by Eclipso beats Lobo nearly to death, then one-shots him again later This is 1992, still pre-DOS. Lobo's knocked out on Page 16 for the first beating and doesn't wake up until page 22, then the volcano explodes and they don't start fighting again until page 27/28, then another cutaway until page 34 when he's one-shot and nearly killed.

Then, post Death of S Superman in Man of Steel #30, Superman has the advantage on Lobo most of the fight, eventually BFRing him into space. He also downed him with a single punch and had him spitting up teeth while still holding back and trying to talk

In DC First: Superman/Lobo (A retconned in "First Meeting" and explictly pre-DOS in the timeline) Superman had the advantage over Lobo the entire fight.

I'd say this proves Superman is above Lobo in scaling.

Is it just me who can't take Perpetua seriously? She is the definition of jobber character imo. She losses to ANYONE she fights.

Why would the Presence be below TDK? Aren't the Source, Presence, and Overvoid all just different manifestations of the same thing? And beings like the Hands are just servants of the Overvoid?

Though Thawne himself isn't a part of this, we can add "cannot be destroyed by three different Dr. Fates" to how unkillable his living paradox power is since Degaton is a living paradox as well.
AIL4fc8ueoAV71Cdcn0WdIwIVfsUY6dpti8ZYjdAdvxR6F-kwk8JZC6pLm8cdMo01xGe0RmGCCoVzE-tPywe6IkcWKHUlQhs4m8cTPmKldOIz2mkv-nNr5M=s1600

Back