• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The_real_cal_howard

Read my comic
VS Battles
Retired
It seems like that's what bubbling is in the verse. It prevents reformation and such, so maybe it counts as anti regen too.

Well... as far as it goes, it is sealing. After all, there is no gem that could de-bubble, and none of them could regenerate either

Hold on this is a very in universe concept to Steven universe. I doubt that in a fight between Steven or the other gems they can bubble a creature and it prevents them from escaping or not regening. This is a sealing based move exclusively to other gems.

Completely disregarding the fact that this is a very old thread and shouldn't have been necro'd, this is a character indexing site first, battle board site second. It doesn't matter if it's combat applicable or not.

I agree with Cal that a combat inapplicable power should be listed, as long as it's specified that it's combat inapplicable.

The real cal howard said:
Completely disregarding the fact that this is a very old thread and shouldn't have been necro'd, this is a character indexing site first, battle board site second. It doesn't matter if it's combat applicable or not.
I understand that but a note of this ability should be written or it will confuse users reading the profile.

Edit:also sorry for necroing a old thread.

Same with Cal on that one. Weather abilities are combat applicable or not shouldn't matter since we're primarily a character indexing site. WE pretty much list any and all possible abilities a character has as long as we know it's able to used in combat or not...so basically what Ryu and, again, Cal said.

The whole point I replied WAS actually to make sure that the profile be specified not to remove it of course(trust me I know we are a character indexing site first above all else.)

I agree with Howard, Ryukama, and CrossverseCrisis.

I think Grudge's point is that he disagrees with the attack being a catch-all against beings with Regenerationn; it is a technique which negates specific actions only from gems. I would also agree if this is the case.

Mmm. Yeah, i doubt it would work much if at all against any other being outside their series. So i definitely see where he's going with that now for sure.

I mean at one point they did bubble Steven and sent him back to the temple so could it be a possible method of bfr? I do agree that the sealing portion is a very in universe power. Kinda sucks that SU has some pretty decent hax that only apply to characters from SU...

WeeklyBattles said:
I mean at one point they did bubble Steven and sent him back to the temple so could it be a possible method of bfr?
Still only restricted to gems(Steven being half gem) and the BFR location can only be transferred to the temple and nowhere else.

@Grudge They Teleported a bag of potato chips and a scroll this way, and Peridot was able to Teleport her bubble to the barn, so...

WeeklyBattles said:
@Grudge They Teleported a bag of potato chips and a scroll this way, and Peridot was able to Teleport her bubble to the barn, so...
It's those little things I always forget, anyways the nature of bubbling seems to be something a bit of a mystery of what it can and cannot bubble,

one things for certain is thst whatever they bubble gets send to the place they call home(for gems it's the temple, peridot the barn.)

You could possibly add the addition of BFR but you also have to note they would send these objects have to be somewhat small(seeing as an object as big as the cluster is viewed impossible to bubble individually. However it's capable of bubbling a small boy like Steven.) and thst all objects as of now get send to the location they call home for the gems.

Again I doubt this is a ability considered to be combat applicable as no gem or Steven has ever used this in combat, and hypothetically if they could it would mean sending an enemy to their home base which is a bad idea. Also these bubbles can be easily dispersed as in "monster buddies" it took only a little effort for Steven to rip his open or heck just landing on one popped it as well.

Also @The real cal Howard's you seem to misinterpret something, they did bubble the bomb like you said however it wasn't because to reduce the explosion, Steven and them were scrambling to find a way to get rid of the bomb, likely Steven assumed maybe bubbling would stop it but Garnet instantly reacted by punching away the bomb meaning, likely with her future vision she knew the bomb would not be contained by the bubbling(my hypothesis tells me this is probably true because as I showed in monster buddies, bubbles aren't particularly durable and don't need much force to break.) so knowing the explosion would go off garnet knew the best thing they could do is to throw it or in this case punch it as far away as possible.

So bubbling didn't really do anything to stop or reduce the bomb explosion with the evidence I provided. Unless you cal have a statement saying the bubble didn't in fact contained the explosion but anything other than that would be in the realm of assumption which isn't good to rely on.

Mmm, I'm sure that we got a similar discussion in the past. Anyway, the bubbles only prevent other gems for reform, not stop any kind of regen, this "anti-regen" only works for other gems.

Antoniofer said:
Mmm, I'm sure that we got a similar discussion in the past. Anyway, the bubbles only prevent other gems for reform, not stop any kind of regen, this "anti-regen" only works for other gems.
Unfortunately true...

Anti-regen, extremely potent physical and mental corruption, weapons that can instantly destroy ones body, all hax that only work on Gems...

Back