• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

(P&As Revision) Brawler Physiology (Brawl Stars) Page Proposal

Here is how the page would appear as. I want to propose a page for the physiology of Brawlers in Brawl Stars for the following reasons.
1. Brawl Stars profiles are all rather disorganized in regards to the P&As section. I'd like to rework all current and future profiles to have...
"Brawler Physiology, which grants bla bla bla, Explosion Manipulation (This character uses bombs in their arsenal)"
As in, be able to list off the large amount of abilities just, automatically given without needing to give explanations for each and every one of them.
2. A large section of the verse page is already dedicated to the abilities Brawlers all have, except it doesn't go into detail into how these abilities work to the fullest extent, nor does it include important terminology related to the P&As such as Gadgets, or Star Powers, or what Gears are, which is rather important given Gadgets especially function uniquely compared to basically every other type of ability I've ever seen in the wiki.

In addition, because of the new CCTV footage lore dump, we find out that Brawlers literally become Brawlers through a process unique to the verse in which they must come into close contact with these purple Gems in order to become superpowered people effectively. The specific unique powers Brawlers get also just seems to be based on personality/the talent/what the Brawler generally does. They're like cutie marks except instead of getting a tattoo, you get superpowers

You even have Brock exclaim and prove that Brawlers are straight up superhuman and are massively superior to regular humans within the verse who are scared of Brawlers, and we even see the gem turn inanimate objects into Brawlers, like the arcade cabinet that turned into 8-Bit. Also this ability just applies to every character that's from the verse that's combat viable (besides the robots in Robo Rumble and Boss Fight)

Last edited:
I'll comment on the physiology first.
I am iffy on stealth mastery since I think what we see is more of a game mechanic and otherwise there's no other feat to support them being stealthy.
Aura, does everyone have a hypercharge? If not every brawler atm has a hypercharge it shouldn't be part of the physiology. Also, it shouldn't have fire manipulation. Looking flame-like doesn't make it fire manip.

I don't think the brawlers have spirit absorption, NPI or Extrasensory perception. If these were literal invisible ghosts it'd be one thing but I think this is more so a property of Gus' ability rather than the brawler's innate ability. You can only absorb your teammate's ghost meaning that Gus probably intentionally uses them to help a person rather than it being something the brawlers themselves do. NPI also disappears with that point since interaction with them is optional and afaik getting hit with potentially incorporeal attacks isn't really grounds for NPI either (think, most ghosts are incorporeal but they can harm humans in movies. Despite that humans don't get NPI).
E. Perception also feels off since there's no evidence you'd need extra powers to perceive these ghosts specifically.

I'll comment on the physiology first.
I am iffy on stealth mastery since I think what we see is more of a game mechanic and otherwise there's no other feat to support them being stealthy.
Then would it just be Invisibility in Bushes/Leaves specifically? That sounds rather strange of a property that grass has, it seems more likely its the Brawlers being stealthy by utilizing bushes. Abilities that grant Enhanced Senses like Bo's Star Power do in fact work against Brawlers hiding in bushes because of the fact that they're literally hiding, but it doesn't work on Brawlers who are literally invisible, like Leon using his Super.

Aura, does everyone have a hypercharge? If not every brawler atm has a hypercharge it shouldn't be part of the physiology. Also, it shouldn't have fire manipulation. Looking flame-like doesn't make it fire manip.
It's clear that every Brawler should have Hypercharges, given a lot of them do who aren't in of themselves special in any way whatsoever, and the developers already say theyll he giving one to every Brawler. The only reason why every Brawler doesn't have one is budget and time constraints due to there being still around 60 Brawlers they need to implement one for, its more of a real world constraint than an in-universe constraint. And given Hypercharges all generally buff a Brawler by a similar amount, it wouldn't be too bizzare to say the Brawlers who don't have them (and thus the extra benefit alongside physical buffs) would simply get those temporary stat buffs and that's it.

In the Brawl Talk regarding the new Hypercharge update, the people who work with the game directly refer it as the Brawler being lit aflame. (At 6:39)

Should be noted that the dev team and community managers here do in fact know the lore of the game for themselves (in this podcast at 25:00), so they'd be rather reliable source

I don't think the brawlers have spirit absorption, NPI or Extrasensory perception. If these were literal invisible ghosts it'd be one thing but I think this is more so a property of Gus' ability rather than the brawler's innate ability. You can only absorb your teammate's ghost meaning that Gus probably intentionally uses them to help a person rather than it being something the brawlers themselves do. NPI also disappears with that point since interaction with them is optional and afaik getting hit with potentially incorporeal attacks isn't really grounds for NPI either (think, most ghosts are incorporeal but they can harm humans in movies. Despite that humans don't get NPI).
E. Perception also feels off since there's no evidence you'd need extra powers to perceive these ghosts specifically.
Spirit Absorption as well as Non-Physical Interaction, I think has grounds for being removed actually, given Brawlers don't have the ability to absorb other spirits in the game like the one Colette's leaves when she uses a Hypercharged Super, as well as the whole thing with Gus specifically only allowing allies to utilize his ghosts, otherwise enemies pass through them. However I don't really agree with the argument against Extrasensory Perception. On the wiki, and in general debates, there often isn't really a need for to be proven to be incorporeal/invisible to others like you said. We see this with characters like The Batter, who's reasoning for Non-Physical Interaction is his ability to perceive spectres which are stated to be "ectoplasmic incarnations" and that's it, and every character within OFF (The Batter's series) can see spectres rather easily. Not just that, but Brawlers are able to see Gray's non-existent projectiles to be able to avoid them, which is basically this ability, given Brawlers aren't really using a scent or hear exactly where the attacks are, they just straight up are able to see them.

Last edited:
"Brawler Physiology, which grants bla bla bla, Explosion Manipulation (This character uses bombs in their arsenal)"
If there's a profile for the Physiology of a verse, you don't explain what it gives, usually, as it's kinda redundant. The exception, I think, is when there's something that the character lacks on the usual Physiology (not saying any rules, just thinking about esthetics since that's a part of what we're aiming for, here).

Speaking about the rest of OP: yeah, seems like enough reason to have a Physiology page. Impossible to deny that there's a necessity of it

About the page:
The passive healing is automatic and only works if a Brawler doesn't get hurt or doesn't attack themselves for a few seconds.
This phrasing makes it seem like the Brawlers self-attack lmao let's change it to something like
The passive healing is automatic, only working when/until they do not attack or get hurt.

With those tiny little stuff to correct imo
Agreed.

Then would it just be Invisibility in Bushes/Leaves specifically? That sounds rather strange of a property that grass has, it seems more likely its the Brawlers being stealthy by utilizing bushes. Abilities that grant Enhanced Senses like Bo's Star Power do in fact work against Brawlers hiding in bushes because of the fact that they're literally hiding, but it doesn't work on Brawlers who are literally invisible, like Leon using his Super.
Mmmm It's definitely not invisibility. I guess "possible Stealth mastery" could work since they can walk silently but that's basically it.
It's clear that every Brawler should have Hypercharges, given a lot of them do who aren't in of themselves special in any way whatsoever, and the developers already say theyll he giving one to every Brawler. The only reason why every Brawler doesn't have one is budget and time constraints due to there being still around 60 Brawlers they need to implement one for, its more of a real world constraint than an in-universe constraint. And given Hypercharges all generally buff a Brawler by a similar amount, it wouldn't be too bizzare to say the Brawlers who don't have them (and thus the extra benefit alongside physical buffs) would simply get those temporary stat buffs and that's it.

In the Brawl Talk regarding the new Hypercharge update, the people who work with the game directly refer it as the Brawler being lit aflame. (At 6:39)

Should be noted that the dev team and community managers here do in fact know the lore of the game for themselves (in this podcast at 25:00), so they'd be rather reliable source

I think this is more of a metaphor than a blatant statement. It doesn't look like fire and there are characters who can use fire in the games themselves who damage everyone badly with their fire, that being El Primo and Amber. Just burning already harms the brawlers while a giant flame like the hypercharge does nothing, meaning that is is more of an aura than it is actual flames. I don't think giving them resistance to fire is good here, especially considering we have a partially unspoken rule here that characters at certain AP do tank heat to a certain extent just as a part of their sheer durability.
Spirit Absorption as well as Non-Physical Interaction, I think has grounds for being removed actually, given Brawlers don't have the ability to absorb other spirits in the game like the one Colette's leaves when she uses a Hypercharged Super, as well as the whole thing with Gus specifically only allowing allies to utilize his ghosts, otherwise enemies pass through them. However I don't really agree with the argument against Extrasensory Perception. On the wiki, and in general debates, there often isn't really a need for to be proven to be incorporeal/invisible to others like you said. We see this with characters like The Batter, who's reasoning for Non-Physical Interaction is his ability to perceive spectres which are stated to be "ectoplasmic incarnations" and that's it, and every character within OFF (The Batter's series) can see spectres rather easily. Not just that, but Brawlers are able to see Gray's non-existent projectiles to be able to avoid them, which is basically this ability, given Brawlers aren't really using a scent or hear exactly where the attacks are, they just straight up are able to see them.
So here's the deal. Just because one verse does it doesn't mean it's right. Personally I'd remove it from The Batter entirely. Additionally NPI should only be given to those who can harm entities that are fully incorporeal.
For Gray's bullets, I'd like further proof that they are non-existent. The only description they have is "are they even real?" which has no answer and has no further showings of not being real. They can't go through walls, they are visible overall and unless there's a specific statement that they are actually invisible and non-physical, we should just go by what we see.

Mmmm It's definitely not invisibility. I guess "possible Stealth mastery" could work since they can walk silently but that's basically it.
I don't think there really is anything against it not being Stealth Mastery. What happens is the Brawlers going into bushes to hide, allowing them to sneak up on enemies. That's just Stealth Mastery.
I think this is more of a metaphor than a blatant statement. It doesn't look like fire and there are characters who can use fire in the games themselves who damage everyone badly with their fire, that being El Primo and Amber. Just burning already harms the brawlers while a giant flame like the hypercharge does nothing, meaning that is is more of an aura than it is actual flames.
Brawlers such as El Primo literally have themselves ignite in flames when using their Star Power, and they spread it to enemies when they land. The Brawlers are simply impervious to their own fire, but admittedly, the Hypercharges' flame doesn't really do anything, I'd be fine to remove the Limited Fire Manip from there.

I don't think giving them resistance to fire is good here, especially considering we have a partially unspoken rule here that characters at certain AP do tank heat to a certain extent just as a part of their sheer durability.
The thing is the fact that the fire that Brawlers survive without melting do enough damage to actually harm them, so the fire itself is strong enough to do damage. Where the resistance comes from is the fact the fire doesn't actually result in any lasting burns or scars. The only actual damage resulted from fire is sometimes poison-like flame damage which only comes from a few fire sources. Otherwise, when attacked by fire, Brawlers are as fine as they would be if the fire was instead a hammer swing.
So here's the deal. Just because one verse does it doesn't mean it's right. Personally I'd remove it from The Batter entirely. Additionally NPI should only be given to those who can harm entities that are fully incorporeal.
I think for this one, we need someone knowledgeable on the qualifications for Extrasensory Perception, since we have two instances in which Brawlers can see different spirits, one being Gus' ghosts and second being Colette's soul when using her Hypercharged Super. I just don't know exactly who I should get for this kind of thing.
For Gray's bullets, I'd like further proof that they are non-existent. The only description they have is "are they even real?" which has no answer and has no further showings of not being real. They can't go through walls, they are visible overall and unless there's a specific statement that they are actually invisible and non-physical, we should just go by what we see.
I mean, initially his bullets were literally dotted lines to imply there was nothing there, but that is a solid argument.

If the argument for extrasensory perception is being able to see ghosts then that wouldn't really be it, ESP by definition is a sixth sense ability, where you're sensing someone's energy source or detecting them even when they're not in sight, if the ghosts have anything that implies they're invisible that should just be enhanced senses since they're seeing souls or invisible objects, which is something that's listed for enhanced senses.

I don't think there really is anything against it not being Stealth Mastery. What happens is the Brawlers going into bushes to hide, allowing them to sneak up on enemies. That's just Stealth Mastery.
I am more so hesitant due to lack of other feats. Like yeah, sure, they are sneaky in the bushes. But otherwise we've never seen them use stealth at any point.
Brawlers such as El Primo literally have themselves ignite in flames when using their Star Power, and they spread it to enemies when they land.
Then that means he resists specifically his own abilities or he specifically has that power.
The Brawlers are simply impervious to their own fire, but admittedly, the Hypercharges' flame doesn't really do anything, I'd be fine to remove the Limited Fire Manip from there.
they have no showings of heat exertion so yes, remove it.
The thing is the fact that the fire that Brawlers survive without melting do enough damage to actually harm them, so the fire itself is strong enough to do damage. Where the resistance comes from is the fact the fire doesn't actually result in any lasting burns or scars. The only actual damage resulted from fire is sometimes poison-like flame damage which only comes from a few fire sources. Otherwise, when attacked by fire, Brawlers are as fine as they would be if the fire was instead a hammer swing.
Here's the deal - they're not fine. They just aren't drawn to have the effects. If you flame them for a few seconds using amber they will literally turn into a puddle, same way they do after getting shot, beaten up or slashed. I think them not having lasting scars is game mechanics and an after effect of their passive healing.
I think for this one, we need someone knowledgeable on the qualifications for Extrasensory Perception, since we have two instances in which Brawlers can see different spirits, one being Gus' ghosts and second being Colette's soul when using her Hypercharged Super. I just don't know exactly who I should get for this kind of thing.

I mean, initially his bullets were literally dotted lines to imply there was nothing there, but that is a solid argument.
I share my thoughts with Theglassman here

I am more so hesitant due to lack of other feats. Like yeah, sure, they are sneaky in the bushes. But otherwise we've never seen them use stealth at any point.
It's a very frequently done and a very well established thing characters do all the time in battles, it's not really a single special moment in which they do that, and the existence of Rosa's Grow Light Gadget and it's primary stated use being to specifically allow Rosa to have cover in order to for her to hide with, as well as Rosa's other Gadget being stated to damage all Brawlers hiding in bushes supports this.

Other examples of stealth mastery include Colt climbing up a wooden pole without anyone noticing (at 0:17 here), Belle hiding the whole time in this animation until she reveals herself in the end, Chuck also doing a similar feat, hiding inside of a prison with nobody knowing where he is until he becomes enraged.
Here's the deal - they're not fine. They just aren't drawn to have the effects. If you flame them for a few seconds using amber they will literally turn into a puddle, same way they do after getting shot, beaten up or slashed. I think them not having lasting scars is game mechanics and an after effect of their passive healing.
Actually, the argument that it's just an effect due to their regen makes sense. I should be removing that soon.

If all problems with the blog are done, looking at the Editing Rules, is it acceptable to create the page now? If any new additions or changes need to be added that aren't known as of now, a CRT can be made for that.

If all problems with the blog are done, looking at the Editing Rules, is it acceptable to create the page now? If any new additions or changes need to be added that aren't known as of now, a CRT can be made for that.
You need at least 2 mods/admins votes

Back