• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Garou vs Pikachu 2: Literal Electric Bugaloo

Reposting the vote count

Garou: 13 (KGiffoni, Phoenks, Madotsuki24, GlaceonGamez471, Ciruno Fortes, The Calaca, SuperAPM, JMA1113, MrDrProfessorPatricio, GyroNutz, JoSmooth, Milly Rocking Bandit, MaverickIsTheHype)

Pikachu: 13 (XSOULOFCINDERX, The real cal howard, Inverted Tempest, Migue79, Zamasu Chan, DeathNoodles, Schnee One, Ionliosite, AnonymousBlank, Niccokirby, Everything12, Areceus0x, Oblivion)

@AquaWaifu

Anyways, yes, I have been reading the thread. Hence me saying, if it's physical, Garou would reflect it. WSRSF repells, nullifies, and redirects whatever it comes into contact with, and doubles the power of the technique.

repost

1. i am a big pokefan, but i also enjoy OPM. But im actually more interested in a fair fight, considering pikachu is not even one of my fave pokemon.

2. >"You also act like Pikachu and Groudon's attacks are Ultra Instinct and that they cannot be dodged no matter what"

Not every single one, no. But have you heard of attacks that are "omnidirectional"? O-directional means it goes in every single directions. It goes up, left, right, south-east, north-west ect. It is made to not be dodgable. You can't dodge a planet sized explosion unless you have teleportation or flight or dimensional travel. get it? Of course he can dodge beams and stuff. However it is very hard to dodge danmaku such as lightning spam and impossible for him to dodge stuff like earthquake or an explosion caused by an attack which is continent busting.

3. >Garou is faster than lightning

This does not matter as

a) Pikachu's bolts move at relativistic speed. It is weird but true as the attacks constantly hit pokemon who are relativistic and rendering them unable to dodge.

b) speed is =ized so both garou without buffs and pikachu and groudon without buffs are relativistic+.

4.>he can get faster and faster so quickly just by barrage attacking

This says nothing about the speed of his speed up. however ill consider it in. A single barrage on pikachu would render him paralized due to static and then groudon would crush him.

5.>Garou is way more durable than even Boros, the guy who had another epic battle with Saitama. Not to mention that Garou could regenerate from Saitama and even one time overwhelm him, which is such an impressive feat giving how ridiculous of a character Saitama is.

Saitama is never really serious. Overwhelming means Saitama just did not consider in that he is that strong. Both in the Boros fight and in the Garou fight Saitam took no damage and thus it says nothing about his ap. The only reason why garou is high 6-A is because the author stated that Garou is equal to Boros, thus the argument that he is stronger than even boros is wrong. If you want to debunk the statement that they are equal then Garou is going back to high 6-C.

The AP of both pikachu and garou are determined. Groudon has higher ap than garou and pikachu scales to groudon. Both pokemon have higher ap which means that the fact that garou fought saitama only matters in the scaling which already has been preformed.

Ô¼ø Having Reactive Evolution that makes him go from being one-shotted to one-shotting in seconds;

Ô¼ø Having precognition via Analytical Prediction;

Ô¼ø Having Instinctive Reaction;

Ô¼ø Being skilled to the point he mastered all the martial arts of the OPMverse and to the point he has created his own martial art that he defines as having "no weaknesses";

Ô¼ø Attack Reflection via WSRSF that has been shown to work on electric moves;

Ô¼ø Stats Amplification via Abandonment that makes him go from decently hurting someone to completly one-shotting them donut style;

Ô¼ø Having experience with Orochi who is very similar to Groundon. That means, having experience with big-sized opponents, electricity manipulation, energy projection, fire manipulation and breath attacks;

Ô¼ø His adaptation that renders paralyzing moves useless;

Ô¼ø His experience with people who like to fork up the ground (Saitama).

Damn,Pokemon fights are a real pain to define as they have acess to their whole move pool/abilities and said things still have their own RNG.

So Groudon has a minor ap advantage (1.333...x Garou's AP), some of his moves (mud shot, scary face, earth power) can inflict stat reduction by levels(wich i'm not sure the exact % they represent) altough earthquake is likely the best one to spam since it deals AOE and has high accuracy. he can also buff himself with bulk-up (att and def)

Pikachu would be the deciding factor here, as he seemingly has stuff like sleep manip stat induction, statistic reduction moves and buff, but since he's berserk i see him focusing on DPS with offensive moves and occasionaly buffing himself rather than support wich is a bad thing for this fight. His static ability however can screw Garou if it happens at a bad time, not to mention

Garou has extraordinary technical skill who allows him to dodge Saitama through analytic prediction(Garou even stating he wouldn't be able to dodge the latter with just his movement speed + reflexes alone) WSRF who can deflect most non AOE/ non swift moves, (although stat reductions like scary face still remain), and fissure(BFR) has pretty low accuracy. got turned into charcoal by Orochi in a weaker form wich makes me believe burn status likely won't work and has mid-low regen, which allows him to insta-regen from stuff like getting his arms vaporized by serious moves and getting a big hole in his face a+ Imortality type-2 in case something important gets broken.

Very close to an incloncusive for me, Garou can dodge and repel most direct attacks like electricity and beams, and since the AP difference isn't very big, he can tank earthquakes from a non-amped Groudon and pikachu just fine with his regen+immortality,plus his adaptation lets him grow things like wings, another problem for groudon. I will also state it's in character for Garou to try attacking eyes with his claws. Thing is, if Groudon decides to spam self-amp, the battle will start to become harder and harder for Garou, if he hasn't adapted to paralysis yet, there's a fairly high chance he gets prlzed hitting pikachu and then gets hit by a monstrous blow from groudon.

Tldrl: i see Groudon and pikachu taking this if they spam stat amp early on and getting Garou paralyzed at a bad time, i see Garou taking this if they don't do that soon and the battle drags too long.

Repost of why i voted inconclusive previous thread.

I can agree with that Epic, but I don't see them buffing themselves so early.

Garou: 13 (KGiffoni, Phoenks, Madotsuki24, GlaceonGamez471, Ciruno Fortes, The Calaca, SuperAPM, JMA1113, MrDrProfessorPatricio, GyroNutz, JoSmooth, Milly Rocking Bandit, MaverickIsTheHype)

Pikachu: 13 (XSOULOFCINDERX, The real cal howard, Inverted Tempest, Migue79, Zamasu Chan, DeathNoodles, Schnee One, Ionliosite, AnonymousBlank, Niccokirby, Everything12, Areceus0x, Oblivion)

Incon: (Epic)

KGiffoni said:
Ô¼ø Having Reactive Evolution that makes him go from being one-shotted to one-shotting in seconds;
Ô¼ø Having precognition via Analytical Prediction;

Ô¼ø Having Instinctive Reaction;

Ô¼ø Being skilled to the point he mastered all the martial arts of the OPMverse and to the point he has created his own martial art that he defines as having "no weaknesses";

Ô¼ø Attack Reflection via WSRSF that has been shown to work on electric moves;

Ô¼ø Stats Amplification via Abandonment that makes him go from decently hurting someone to completly one-shotting them donut style;

Ô¼ø Having experience with Orochi who is very similar to Groundon. That means, having experience with big-sized opponents, electricity manipulation, energy projection, fire manipulation and breath attacks;

Ô¼ø His adaptation that renders paralyzing moves useless;

Ô¼ø His experience with people who like to fork up the ground (Saitama).
-give me proof of him one shotting people that are above high 6-A and please debunk the fact that the author stated that garou is practically the same in power as Boros

-precognition matters not when there is an attack you can't dodge

-same as above

-he just stated that it has no weakness. Pikachu and Groudon do not use martial arts and can blow stuff up which no martial art or punch can simply block

-pikachu uses electric moves, but he also has normal moves and steel moves and dont get me started on groudon who has a crap ton of long range super powerful attacks

-again, show me that working against people that are higher than high 6-A or debunk him being equalized to boros which is the only reason he is 6-A

-Orochi cannot level a continent with an omnidirectional explosion, he is high 6-C and stomped garou with ease so it does not matter if he has some experience

-Paralysis is not everything

-saitama can fork up the ground, but has he created a continent sized explosion? he did the moon jump, but never did damage to earth so the argument is invalid.

Perhaps adaptation and speed amp is the only thing that garou can do as he is in his final form which renders evolution pretty much not cannon. There are much more ways of killing garou than just paralysis and electricity. You're forgetting all the omnidirectional attacks garou cannot counter.

Milly Rocking Bandit said:
I can agree with that Epic, but I don't see them buffing themselves so early
I know, that's why i didn't vote either way, Groudon is a very angry boy and most of his apparitions he just spams destruction and pikachu is berserk in this form.

imo:

Groudon on offensive + pikachu spamming self buff, stat reduction and status effect moves: Clear win for Pikachu

Groudon on offensive+pikachu as dps:Incon, since garou is pretty brutal when fighting non-humans. and can tank their non buffed attacks well with regen, but if they manage to land a paralysis in a bad timing, Garou loses

Pikachu or Groudon alone:Garou wins

Icon: 2 (Epic, Cracker)

CrackerVolley said:
Incon for Epiccheev's reasons
ye this will end in incon no matter what. Let's do grace already and just add it. this is becoming too big and what we are doing is going around in circles.

find it funny that the only reason pikachu even has a chance is due to bullshit summoning.

Phoenks said:
find it funny that the only reason pikachu even has a chance is due to bullshit summoning.
it is not bs, it is almost literally the reason he is 6-A. No orb, no 6-A, no groudon.

but yes i agree.

I find summoning to be one of the most unfair things in a 1v1 lol

Phoenks said:
I find summoning to be one of the most unfair things in a 1v1 lol
well otherwise it would be too easy for garou to win as pikachu has only a tad bit of ap advantage, making it pretty much a stomp as pikachu would only survive for some hits.

SuperAPM said:
How the flying flubber ducky did the last thread break 500 replies in less than a day?
People got really heated up

Also some Troll is spamming **** and gore everywhere

Just to remind you all that if both of the characters keep getting such similar votes with no end in sight with no chance for grace to even end, then it turns into an inconclusive by a staff member so both Garou and Pikachu would share an inconclusive in their own pages.

If you've read the OPM manga and webcomic, you would know where the proof is and I recommend you not looking at anything to do with Garou on this website because he has massive webcomic spoilers. Also, again with the omnidirectional, it's not omnidirectional, it just covers a lot of the battlefield, which Garou has dealt with before multiple times and still won.

ONE, the creator of One Punch Man got a question from someone saying "Who would win in a fight between Garou and Boros?" and ONE said that if they fought, then it would be one hell of a fight, but we wasn't sure who would win, although he admits that Garou has the better technique and combat skills.

I feel like Boros Def wins against pika because of not having to get close.

Keep in mind, Garou has resisted electricity before AND he's resistant to heat based moves which is proven in his fight with Orochi. He can also deflect projectile attacks that could come his way and if Pikachu and Groudon use melee attacks, Garou has attack reflection so he could just reflect those attacks right back at them.

Can't we just make a list of people who are okay/not against with this ending with incon?

If more than 12 people agree + me and crackervolley it would have 14 votes and we could just get this over with.

Back