• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

garou speed doubt

Status
Not open for further replies.
im kinda curious. how did u guys get him as hyper sonic in base, when he had trouble dealing with gattling's (the hero) gun for a few secs, and even earlier he had been hit by subsonic slingshots. dont those feats contradict each other?

Can't say much as I'm not well versed in the series but I wouldn't take him having trouble dodging gunfire as something major since he would be able to survive it with his durability level so either the gun is no ordinary gun or it's just an inconsistency, just like this subsonic slingshot thing.

I believe base Garou battled other characters who are rated much faster then subsonic but I'm not well versed in the series like I said.

That's kinda my point. Which one should be used? The high end one with him being hyper Sonic, or him being transonic? And no. He got injured both times actually.

I'm pretty sure he's regularly portaid as being comparable to others who are this fast like it says on his page. If those things harmed him and tagged him, it's either PIS or their not ordinary weapons in my opinion.

Though you can contact those who are more knowledgeable about the verse here on the Knowledgeable Members List.

@lorenzi.r.2nd He technically scales off of atomic samurais speed feat. That and Boros ship bullet speed as well because atomic samurai and most of the s class heroes that were there reacted to it as well, Boros ship feat. And so because of that all of the s class heroes scale to him. which then also includes Garou because he manages to fight tanktop master, metal bat, Genos (while he was heavily injured and poisoned), Bang, and his brother bomb (and this was right after Genos) without getting speed blitzed by them during his fight with them.

ok. makes sense. bos base form- can barely react to tank top and normal bullets... latest base form- aroung current geno's speed with bang lvl reactions..

the bullets are as the guy before me said either plot induced stupidity or the gun is much faster than real life guns. Also tanktop master and atomic samurai are around the same speed. But Garou did struggle a little bit early on in his fight with tanktop master because his reactive evolution didn't hit in until later on and he didn't use his most powerful martial style in the beginning of the fight which allowed tanktop to land hits on Garou early on in his fight with him.

Garou was HEAVILY fatigued from fighting several battles and being ganked back to back and poisoned by heroes and physically damaged from getting his ass handed to him by Watchdog Man and being kicked by Saitama, so Garou having trouble with deflecting Death Gatling's bullets is understandable and when he was hit by the arrows it wasn't because he wasn't fast enough, its because he was getting ganked and the barrage of arrows covered too vast of area for him to dodge(even then he dodged the majority of the arrows) and he was extemely fatigued and tired then as well.

then i think its useless to mention the fact that a bunch of s-class heros had trouble fighting natural evil water cuz of his bullet speed water jets?.....

When was Natural evil water's water jets confirmed to be bullet speed?IIRC the only thing the water jets were called or stated to be was high-pressure water.And the only S-Class that NEW actually stood a chance against wasn't any of the higher tiered S-Class that was related to Garou in strength, speed, or durability so if NEW was bullet level in speed it wouldn't scale to Garou anyway.

I agree with Dienomite22.

Garou was extremely weakened during his fight with Gatling Gun, and even then it'd be PIS since Garou has consistently been able to fight against S-Classes which have/scale to things far higher than bullet speed. Also Garou's first key isn't even for the Garou who fought Gatling Gun, it's for later on in the webcomic where he's at his peak.

Also I have no idea where ENW's attacks being bullet speed comes from. Not that Garou really scales to ENW either way.

Dienomite22 said:
When was Natural evil water's water jets confirmed to be bullet speed?IIRC the only thing the water jets were called or stated to be was high-pressure water.And the only S-Class that NEW actually stood a chance against wasn't any of the higher tiered S-Class that was related to Garou in strength, speed, or durability so if NEW was bullet level in speed it wouldn't scale to Garou anyway.
lemme see if i can find it

yall, while i was lookin for it, i found out the garou was already part monster even before he faced darkshine. he faced pri pri fisrt, and took him out in one hit. tht would have to make him far above even sea king (base) since the current pri pri is stornger than the time he fought agaisnt sea king. so yeah, he basically say "watch out darky. hes turning into a troublosome mosnter. even some s-classes will have trouble with him 'hits on darkshine a bit, etc etc'". i didnt know until now. ps just base fuher ugly is stronger than metal bat, the garou that fough darkshine (the one from the get go, not the one that adapted) was stated by darkshine himself to be weaker than bang (whom he said is stronger than himself so, get go garou< darkshine< bang=< highly adapted garou... this makes scaling garou so ******* annoying.. just why one?? wy!?). oh, and the moments that garou's "fast normal regen" and "high adaptably" changed into "real regen" and "reactive evolution" was the moment that he started to became a mosnter.

Garou "breaks his limiter" while fighting Darkshine, gained a fully monster looking form after fighting Golden Sperm, then becomes the monster he always wanted to be while fighting Saitama. He's still a human after he defeated Overgrown Rover, which is what his first key is for. Puri may have called him a monster, but he wasn't an actual monster at that time.

i updated my comment btw. ps breakng his limiter is not the same as becaming a monster. saitama borke his limiter, but is still human and never had signs that showed otherwise. garou both broke his limiter and became a mosnter. he basically pulled an aizen and became hollow and shinigami at the same time.

Darkshine only said Garou's fighting skill was worse than Bang's. Not raw strength. Not that his statement means anything when Garou literally defeated a guy who Bang and Bomb's combo attacks did nothing to at all.

Ryukama said:
Darkshine only said Garou's fighting skill was worse than Bang's. Not raw strength. Not that his statement means anything when Garou literally defeated a guy who Bang and Bomb's combo attacks did nothing to at all.
i guess that could. but overgrown inst the strongest mosnter in the MA, so scaling form him is useless, since bang later on defeats like 4 monsters on the same lvl as overgrown. maybe even higher. the way i see is that pre limit broken semi mosnter garou=bang at full power. pretty simple imo. did u read the comment above urs as well (above the one i just quoted)?

Those monsters are not on the same level as Overgrown. Certain Dragons can be much stronger than others. Such as Gouketsu and Bakuzan. If Bang can oneshot multiple Dragons, yet he and his comparable brother's combined attacks do nothing to Overgrown, that means Overgrown is obviously an immensely strong monster. Which means someone who defeated Overgrown (Human Garou at his peak) and those who are stronger than him (Darkshine, Flashy) can also be scaled to such higher levels. There is nothing wrong with this scaling.

his brother said that he was holding. i have proof. want a chapter? (im legit rereading the whole thing outta fun. its actually pretty funny lol ******* pri pri man.. he cracks me up lol). and i never said he was weak. people assume he was real ******* strong cuz he survived saitama and cuz not even bang could win and blah blah blah... but actually, saitama didnt even fight overgrown. like, legit, what he did was tell it to sit down. and he didnt even try fighting it since he thouhg that it was a normal dog (cuz hes a ******* ******). and bang and co only landed on hit on it, and its not like the hit was useless. durabillity doenst always corespond to ap. grown's most powerful attack couldnt even get past fubuki's forcefield, which should be trash or demon lvl monsters. for one, nobody in the group even got damaged. and like i said, garou was already part mosnter. him breaking his limit and him becoming a monsters are two different things. example of breaking limiter- saitama... example of becoming monster-bakuzan. see what i mean? garou just happend t have done both at the same time.

Bomb just said that Bang is getting more serious. However when Bang who thought that Rover was the MA's strongest monster, had a combined ultimate attack with his comparable brother who was serious, their combined powers were most likely not that far weaker than a single hit from a beaten up, more serious Bang. Bang was even upset that they couldn't do anything to him, said they can't continue like this and was hoping Rover would just give up. None of this implies that Bang was overwhelmingly surpressed when he fought Rover.

Garou absolutely was not a monster when he fought Rover. Like I said. He breaks his limiter while fighting Darkshine. Gains a monster looking form fighting Golden Sperm. Becomes the monster he always wanted to be while fighting Saitama. Garou fighting Rover happens well before any of those things. He was not a monster or "part" monster at the time.

http://onepunchman.wikia.com/wiki/Interviews/Stream_Q/A_3#November_2017

Bomb is confirmed stronger than Bang and the combined attack they did on Rover is directly said to be stronger than the one they did on Elder Centipede.

How is a combined ultimate attack from a serious Bomb, a fairly serious Bang much weaker than a single attack from a beat up, more serious Bang.

Rover is simply more durable than Bang.

comparable is not the same as equal. one of the new op man chaters even sayd that bang is the stornger brother. and dude, his hair legit tunrs into spikes (like, goku going super sayan to some shit like that). how is that not enough..umm... i dont even have the word for it, but like, that was supposed to be like the sign or something from ONE when drawing. like naruto with his kurama pupils when he gets pissed and shit like that. and actually, garoun legit tunrs into an actual monster (pre his perfect form) after he fights darkshine and gets all ****** up. if he wanst a monster at that time, how was he evolving? even in the show, humans dont evolve. they adapt. what he did was straight up evolve.

The combined attacks of Bang and someone comparable to him obviously wouldn't be much weaker than a single attack from just Bang.

Who said Bang was stronger? Regardless Murata says Bomb is actually the stronger one.

Again, nothing suggests that Bang was overwhelmingly surpressed against Rover. Meaning that in all likelyhood, Rover is simply more durable than Bang's attacks.

Garou is not a monster when he fights Rover. He only starts closely turning into one after he fights Darkshine, which comes many chapters after he fights Rover. Human Garou fought Rover. Not Monster Garou. Not "Part-Monster" Garou. Human Garou. You can tell just by looking at how Garou looks while fighting Rover, and by the fact that he doesn't turn into a monster until many chapters afterward.

im sorry. i read the manga wrong. the manga chap says that BOMB was the stronger. i read it the other way around. but one thing i also read on the op man page u just gave me to read, was that the AP for that attack (bang+bomb) was incosistent (its like, one of the bullet points right under it). so basically, thats pretty much trash as it has three different consistencies... darkshine said that bang was actualy able to knock him down (meaning that bang either made him unconcious, which aready makes him stronger that semi monster garou- or just limit broken garou to u, since we dont agree on that little part- or it means that bang has greater strength than dark's legs, which is also storng as ****).

Serious combination attacks from someone stronger than Bang + fairly serious combination attacks from Bang himself should be stronger than a single attack from a beaten up, more serious Bang. So Rover is more durable than Bang's attacks.

I don't think Dark saying Bang once beat him in a simple sparring competition (one where he even said he wasn't damaged that much) matters when he's easily overpowering someone who just defeated Rover, a guy Bang and someone stronger than Bang didn't come close to damaging.

Therefore Darkshine and Human Garou at his peak are stronger than Bang.

Not even Limit Broken Garou. Garou didn't break his limiter until many chapters after he fought Rover. It's not just me that disagrees with that. It's the actual webcomic that disagrees. Garou objectively wasn't Monster Garou or "semi-monster" when he fought Rover.

idk man. its all sounds pretty logic, but all the other monsters are implied to be stronger than rover in some way or another. the other monsters all beat their "hero rivals" who were all pretty damn strong. they arent as strong as tatasumaki or dark, but they are in the sam lvls, if anything. pre limiter garou was around that tier. so pre limiter garou SEEMS to be FROM MY PERSPECTIVE around atomi samurai or sweet mask's lvl. ps found that chapter. it doenst say anythng abut being as fast as a bullet, but its implied to be in the same range. take a look and tell me what u think.... shit, i cant post it.. m.*************/manga/onepunch_man_one/c079/3.html now i got it

How are they implied to be stronger than Rover? How? Rover effortlessly tanked a combination attack from a guy who can one shot other Dragons + a combination attack from someone even stronger than that guy. Which monsters in the MA besides Golden Sperm come close to anything like that? Bang even thought Rover was the strongest monster from the MA. There is no implication that "all the other monsters" are stronger than him. And there is objective confirmation that they aren't.

Okay. But how things from your perspective seem aside, Pre Limiter Garou (at least when he's at his strongest) defeated someone who Bomb and Bang couldn't at all. That puts him well above Atomic Samurai or Sweet Mask.

because rover, for one, has trash ap. the only thing he has is durabilty. period. a rock is more durable than a human, but guess who will always win in a fight? i edited my last comment. take a look (sorry to keep doing that)

How is Rover's AP that bad? A single blast, which he can spam at succession, was going to destroy Genos. Fubuki, who has shown able to redirect attacks much more powerful than her own like Psykos, was pushed to her absolute limit redirecting his attack and stated to be unable to do that feat a second time. There might be other monsters with better AP than him, but his isn't anywhere near as bad as you say it is. And Rover's good AP + having one of the highest durabilities out there certainly makes him one of the more powerful monsters overall.

A rock is an inanimate object. I get the point but pretty bad example.

Your link does not work at all.

its bad cuz she refled three at the same time, and not just one. and she can only redirect other psychic attacks, btw. i also have the chapter for that if u want. and i never said he was bad man. hes just not so good only cuz he can tank a lotta shit. simple. hes the opposite of a glass canon in this case (not as extreme, but u get what i meant). and yeah, i know the link didnt work for some reason. did u try copying and pasting it instead of just trying to click on it? and he IS powerful better than characters like choze in almost all areas (sides for brains... i still think that choze couldve been used in better ways, but oh well.. i liked him is all...), but he just isnt on the same lvl as charactrs full powered fuher ugly, whose base is stronger than metal bat, but still got one shotted like nothing by bang even while at full power.

You said he has trash AP and that all the monsters are stronger than him. That is definitely saying that he is bad. Also citation that it was 3?

Fubuki obviously can't redirect just psychic attacks if she reflected Rover's. And since Fubuki can redirect attacks much stronger than her own, Rover's putting her to her absolute limit shows that his blasts are fairly strong.

I copy and pasted. Still nothing.

i meant proportially. basically, his ratio of damage out to damage input seems to a bit weird. he has crazy durability with little fire power. and no. she didnt redirect them. she protected herself from them. to redirect is to send back. she surely didnt do that. and yes, her absolute limit>= rover's best attack times 3, which makes sound weak, now, doenst it? thts what im trying to say. and if the copy+paste didnt work, then ill just tell thats its on chapter 79, on one of the early pages... yes!!! holy shit! i was right! u know tht link u sent me? the one with the interview? it comfims my saying that garou was already being monsterized by that point!

Everything you said was wrong.

https://gyazo.com/4aa638b680e5f7edafd3b64f210128dc

Fubuki explicitly refers to one blast that she repelled. So she didn't just shield against 3 attacks. So a single blast from Rover can completely destroy Genos, and cause Fubuki (someone who can repel attacks far greater than her own) to be at her absolute limit repelling it. That doesn't at all make him out to be weak.

Also yes Saitama did hit Rover (though obviously not at all a hit he puts effort into)

https://gyazo.com/f5fb9e2a0bd236af6166a8772218e5dd

^ Saitama tells Rover to sit. The same exact sound effect for nearly all of Saitama's punches is then used. Zombieman then hears and feels the rumble afterwards.

Where on earth does my link confirm that Garou was a monster when he fought Rover? Yes Garou was slowly in the process of getting closer and closer to one overtime. But he does not become a monster, break his limiter or even become a semi-monster until after he fought Rover.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back