• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Garou Copying 3A CRT

Status
Not open for further replies.
If something needs to be clarified then it should be on the power mimicry page imo, listing "Garou can't copy 3-A" on his profile seems incredibly arbitrary to me

Note: Due to the lack of concrete evidence and reasoning, it has been decided that Garou is unable to copy AP above Tier 4-A, as it would take a large amount of assumptions for it to work.

Something like that? 🤔
You can’t just do this
You can’t just say garou copying 3-A is nlf and then say he can copy anybody in 4-A with a higher value than him. You choose one or the other. If it going higher than what it’s shown is nlf then you’re saying he can’t copy anything even slightly stronger than him, if you think the limited removal does apply then he can copy 3-A. So which one is it?

Excuse me, but this is a misunderstanding. Garou shouldn't even be able to get to such a high level by copying.

Canonically, the manga refuted such claims when Saitama, having evolved a couple of heads, destroyed Garou with one single blow. He could no longer copy, he could no longer keep up, his powers were not working. And that's what happens if he meets a character with level 3A. He will be destroyed before he can do anything, and the power of the ability is not enough to overcome this difference.

I disagree

Canonically, the manga refuted such claims when Saitama, having evolved a couple of heads, destroyed Garou with one single blow. He could no longer copy, he could no longer keep up, his powers were not working. And that's what happens if he meets a character with level 3A. He will be destroyed before he can do anything, and the power of the ability is not enough to overcome this difference.
Headcanon, no where was it stated or shown that Garou couldn’t copy Saitama or his powers stopped working. The only correct part to what you said is that he couldn’t keep up with Saitama who grew exponentially stronger at a rate faster than Garou could copy.

Both for agrees and disagrees?
Anyone that wants to agree or disagree must bring their own arguments no matter the previous arguments brought.
Yes I second that motion.

It still becomes redundant.

I propose not to ban disagree fra but rather tag the argument that one agrees or disagree with, except the OP cuz for that you have to state why.

With the exception of the supreme characters, each ability has its own limit. Barrier. Limitation. It's not new when a character brags about their power and then their power is exposed either by finding a loophole in the power or it turns out that their power isn't as all-powerful as they thought. Jojo, Bleach and so on. This is what happens to Garou. It is canonically known that Garou is under the partial control of God, and in his first appearance, he praises his strength and says that it is superior to Saitama. This is propaganda. His words that he can copy endlessly are refuted by Saitama, who, indeed, having infinite upward growth, "interrupted" Garou, surpassing him in strength. This is further confirmed when Garou admits that Saitama's power is comparable to or even superior to that of God, refuting what he said earlier.

You are citing words that are no longer relevant and cannot be provided as arguments. You should give more arguments, since the manga most likely does not want to agree with you. Against the background of the defeat of the Garou by the difference in strength.

I have already brought my argument next to my disagreement. SO I hope I am not included in those people.

Both for agrees and disagrees?
Anyone that wants to agree or disagree must bring their own arguments no matter the previous arguments brought.
Yes I second that motion.
of course
fra trains do nothing at all. The only people who should be able to vote, are those who actually contribute to the thread with their own reasoning. Any average joe could waltz into a discussion they know nothing about with a squad of ten people and just tell them all to "agree fra" and the versus match or crt could get inflated with dumb votes just like that
additionally, people who only come to say one or two things and immediately unfollow the thread (looking at Matthew in this thread) should genuinely not have their votes counted in any way. If you give negligible input and then refuse to pay attention to the counterarguments, then your vote input shouldn't be considered in the tally.

Headcanon, no where was it stated or shown that Garou couldn’t copy Saitama or his powers stopped working. The only correct part to what you said is that he couldn’t keep up with Saitama who grew exponentially stronger at a rate faster than Garou could copy.
If Headcanon's claim is all the characters who advocate for the ridiculous level of Garou can provide, then the news is a little bit deplorable for you: the graph clearly shows that Garou could copy Saitama when the former was only slightly behind the latter in strength. Saitama was a couple of points above what Garu could afford and that's why he came back every time. He held each blow, copying not only strength, but also endurance, so as not to break his arms from the blows. However, when the difference in strength became quite apparent, Garou fell to Saitama. If his ability was not limited by anything, immediately after Saitama's strike or during his strike, Garu would return to Bald level again. What you called the correct "didn't have time to keep up" already refutes any arguments in favor of the Garou copying endlessly. it's too funny. Maybe we should wait for the universe to come up with more feats to reinforce what you've said.

If Headcanon's claim is all the characters who advocate for the ridiculous level of Garou can provide, then the news is a little bit deplorable for you: the graph clearly shows that Garou could copy Saitama when the former was only slightly behind the latter in strength. Saitama was a couple of points above what Garu could afford and that's why he came back every time. He held each blow, copying not only strength, but also endurance, so as not to break his arms from the blows. However, when the difference in strength became quite apparent, Garou fell to Saitama.
Yes that is what happen in the story
If his ability was not limited by anything, immediately after Saitama's strike or during his strike, Garu would return to Bald level again.
That’s what happened. Except by the time Garou copied Saitama’s last level Saitama’s power is already exponentially stronger than Garou.
What you called the correct "didn't have time to keep up" already refutes any arguments in favor of the Garou copying endlessly. it's too funny. Maybe we should wait for the universe to come up with more feats to reinforce what you've said.
That doesn’t refuting anything. The time it takes Garou to copy power has zero relevance to Garou being able to copy endlessly. That’s completely separate things.

Yes that is what happen in the story

That’s what happened. Except by the time Garou copied Saitama’s last level Saitama’s power is already exponentially stronger than Garou.

That doesn’t refuting anything. The time it takes Garou to copy power has zero relevance to Garou being able to copy endlessly. That’s completely separate things.
Of course he denies it. If copying a power level is infinite, then it doesn't matter how exponentially the character has risen in his powers. Only if we are not talking about creatures that a priori surpass infinity, which Saitama is not at the moment. No, it is connected, and it's not about time to copy. Stop writing your fanfiction. If Saitama has exponentially surpassed Garou's current level, then it doesn't matter how long it takes him to copy Saitama as he hasn't hit him more than once since going back in time. If the copying is infinite, this means that he should have risen immediately after the impact. However, he stopped fighting knowing that copying Saitama would not work.

Of course he denies it. If copying a power level is infinite, then it doesn't matter how exponentially the character has risen in his powers. Only if we are not talking about creatures that a priori surpass infinity, which Saitama is not at the moment. No, it is connected, and it's not about time to copy. Stop writing your fanfiction. If Saitama has exponentially surpassed Garou's current level, then it doesn't matter how long it takes him to copy Saitama as he hasn't hit him more than once since going back in time. If the copying is infinite, this means that he should have risen immediately after the impact. However, he stopped fighting knowing that copying Saitama would not work.
After reading through this 17 times I still can't decipher what you're trying to say. Assist me in my quest to understand your argument here please.

After reading through this 17 times I still can't decipher what you're trying to say. Assist me in my quest to understand your argument here please.
The translator distorts the source text very much, despite the fact that the translated comment has been edited several times. However, everything I'm trying to convey is above, and it seems that people understood this.

The power mimicry page gotta be some other thing all together.

Of course there’s the lists of all the different types of power mimicry. But from then on as for limitations to power mimicry that could become pretty jungled. As far as I can tell power mimicry of AP wouldn’t really exist, and maybe other types of limiters of power mimicry in general would have to logically follow.

Like if a person who has power mimicry copied time manipulation, soul manipulation, and teleportation, would they be able to copy someone with matter manipulation or are they simply restricted to only being able to copy time manipulation, teleportation, and soul manipulation based abilities.

The copying relies on Garou's reactions. It's not a passive skill that just gives him the same stats as the strongest creature in a X radius around him.

If a character has a X10 speed and power amp and prior knowledge they can just let Garou copy their stats, go for a clash, use their amp and then punch his head off. Same thing if Garou fights a character with one-shot worthy AP advantage and blitz speed unequal
he gets killed before he can copy.
Saitama is growing at a non constant exponential rate, at first garou can copy him and keep up, but as his growth speed ramps up, Garou copies Saitama and by the time his attack reaches him he is already fast and strong enough to counterattack, then he repeats and Saitama's exponential growth got faster, leading to a faster and stronger counter, that's why he says "i can't keep up" while we get a graph showing Saitama's growth curve nearly becoming a straight horizontal line as Garou gives up and tries to run away, the time delay as small as it is between copying and attacking is enough for Saitama to grow beyond him. If his copying had reached a limit where Saitama had become too strong as opposed to what i said above we would probably be told by his bones starting to break like Deku using 100% all for one or his growth speed just stopping in the graph.

Not to mention that despite being a stat mimicry type of thing the ability as a whole still functions as technique copying (Supported by it being Shakkei wich lets him borrow the powers of a creature he imitates.) and he also claims that "techniques he copies are improved at blazing speeds" wich is further proof for it still not being passive nor instant.

The discussion of whether or not he can copy 3-A AP is done, not a single staff member agreed with the CRT and six or seven disagreed

Right now it's either close the thread or discuss how this information should be applied, whether on Garou's profile or just the power mimicry page itself, I personally think it should be on the power mimicry page as this applies to pretty much every user of power mimicry and not exclusively Garou.

The discussion of whether or not he can copy 3-A AP is done, not a single staff member agreed with the CRT and six or seven disagreed

Right now it's either close the thread or discuss how this information should be applied, whether on Garou's profile or just the power mimicry page itself, I personally think it should be on the power mimicry page as this applies to pretty much every user of power mimicry and not exclusively Garou.
We need two staff disagreement to close the thread.

Clearly, there is a language issue going on here. We are saying Garou has the potential to copy any 3-D level of power, nothing on the level of high 3-A or above it. No one is arguing whatever it is you are saying.

It would simply need to be put on the power mimicry page as this is entirely based on the ability of power mimicry itself and not just Garou.

Or a separate CRT needs to be made specifically about the power mimicry page and what should be updated on it/other restrictions and limitations to other types of power mimicry.

I just don't understand why some people here keep saying stuff like Garou couldn't copy Saitama therefore he has a limit when we are explicitly told the issue was that Garou couldn't keep up with the rate at which Saitama AD was increasing his power.

If anything it just speaks volumes about how broken Saitama's AD is that it can completely outpace instant power mimicry.

Yea, but you don't have to be annoying and constantly remind people to do so, that'll just annoy them and make them not want to read three damned pages of this.
I wouldn't have to restate it if people would do it. One of the staff voters even said they wouldn't engage in any discussion or reading about the subject, and his vote was still counted.

So I'll say it as much as I need to until the people who's job it is to read the discussion to come to a logical conclusion do their job.

Note: Due to the lack of concrete evidence and reasoning, it has been decided that Garou is unable to copy AP above Tier 4-A, as it would take a large amount of assumptions for it to work.

Something like that? 🤔
I guess that works

If something needs to be clarified then it should be on the power mimicry page imo, listing "Garou can't copy 3-A" on his profile seems incredibly arbitrary to me
As ar as I know, it is possible for a user to copy 3-A power while being weaker than that himself, it's all a matter of evidence and statements, something that Garou lacked others may have

So I don't think we should add something to the page, it would be basically saying every PM user has as much proof (Or lack of it) as Garou has

Any other possible issue would be in relation to what definitions and other restrictions befall upon the ability of power mimicry in general which needs its own separate CRT to be made for that discussion. As that wound pertain to updating the power mimicry page in general.

But for the Garou part, a consensus has been reached.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back