• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Garou Copying 3A CRT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Switching to disagree, we don't have enough evidence (or any evidence at all) to know if this would be possible to copy by Garou.

At the very least he should be able to copy anyone within the 4-A tier.
They’re already at nearly the very top of 4-A, and tiers are arbitrary so that doesn’t make sense as a limit to force on him to begin with
Ugggghhhhh

Does Garou have feats of copying 3-A AP? No?

/thread over. I disagree heavily with the notion that he can hit 3-A via copy.

I'm neutral on this, the math seems to track but he still lacks a feat of copying 3-A so I can't say for sure either way. And while I am late to this thread, I'm still gonna get some popcorn cooking.

I'm neutral on this, the math seems to track but he still lacks a feat of copying 3-A so I can't say for sure either way. And while I am late to this thread, I'm still gonna get some popcorn cooking.
I mean by that logic any character who has power mimicry can only copy the powers they've already copied in verse, which makes no sense and nulifies the point.

How come nobody on the disagreement can give a straight answer about what the point of limiters are? If you're just gonna say that limiters aren't valid because no limits fallacy (still doesn't apply here) then are you just gonna be saying they serve absolutely no purpose in-verse? The narrator can just say "he removed his limiter he has no limit he can reach any strength he's unlimited he's got no limits he has no limiter he has no upper limit" and then as the geniuses we are, we just say "no, because we said so! 🤓"
is that what you're trying to tell me?

I mean by that logic any character who has power mimicry can only copy the powers they've already copied in verse, which makes no sense and nulifies the point.
Yeah actually I was just thinking about that and how far this logical extension train would go. Because going by this logic, power mimicry of AP simply doesn’t exist on this wiki then. It would just have to not exist anymore as if someone has the ability to copy AP and does so, by the wiki’s standards that character cannot do so anymore unless special circumstances are given like making them weaker than they were previously. The ability would simply just not exist on the wiki in any practical fashion.

And I wonder how far this logical train goes into power mimicry itself, like outside of AP. Like for example say I have power mimicry. Not AP based like Garou just regular power mimicry that we all can figure. Now say I as the character have copied 3 abilities from my opponent, those abilities are say time manipulation, soul manipulation, and teleportation.

Now say I’m put up against a character who has say matter manipulation. By this standard, despite me having demonstrated the capability to copy people’s powers by a wide variety, I could not copy matter manipulation as that was something the character never copied before. I would only be limited to being able to copy soul manipulation, time manipulation, and teleportation. And this logic can apply to literally any ability the character has not demonstrated of copying. Essentially power mimicry as an ability would also be practically non existent as well.

Anyway I gotta do a recount again.

It would help the OP a lot more if the argument wasn't simply "Garou stated that his copy ability has no limits, meaning he can jump to any tier" and more along the lines of "Garou copies his opponents' abilities and strength by mimicking their moves and becoming one with their flow of power, mastering virtually every aspect of their fighting style" which would then be supplemented by these scans...

Might as well throw in my disagree as well.

And Ziller, you really need to stop coming after everyone who says they disagree. You did this in the graph thread too.
I have not been "coming after everybody" I was just pointing out one person who clearly were debating in a toxic way that didn't contribute to the thread

In order to disagree with this proposal, you are applying a massive assumption about Garou’s power copying ability and have to back up such an assumption. You have to provide proof that Garou can’t copy power over 4-A, the lack of a feat isn’t proof and claiming NLF isn’t either. "It didn't happen, therefor it can't happen" is not an argument. No one is saying Garou’s power copying doesn’t have a limit and a lack of a feat doesn’t mean that it couldn’t happen, you look at the feat statements to determine if that’s a possibility.

Last edited:
It would help the OP a lot more if the argument wasn't simply "Garou stated that his copy ability has no limits, meaning he can jump to any tier" and more along the lines of "Garou copies his opponents' abilities and strength by mimicking their moves and becoming one with their flow of power, mastering virtually every aspect of their fighting style" which would then be supplemented by these scans...

I don’t think any of this would’ve helped the point at all since the point of contention is that because Garou did not copy 3A, therefore he cannot copy it.

Also that wasn’t even the argument in my post 😭

Much like Garou is able to copy the abilities and techniques of his opponents in a Versus Battle, down to the most complex and minute detail like the intricacies of a gamma ray burst and Blast's cosmic abilities, the mechanics of his copying ability would enable Garou to copy their stats as well.

His copy ability is, to cut a long story short, the ability to study and understand an opponent's kit and become one with that kit.

Ergo, stat boosts.

Why are we putting an AP power mimicry cap to Garou? He was copying Saitama without failure every time and the only reason he couldn't keep doing it was because Saitama AD is so busted every time Garou copied him Saitama could already one punch him NOT because of a limit or cap to his copying.

Like both of them broke their limiters, meaning there is no limit to their growth, and this isn't something that I'm just making up it's literally the point of the limiter in OPM.

In order to disagree with this proposal, you are applying a massive assumption about Garou’s power copying ability and have to back up such assumption. You have to provide proof that Garou can’t copy power over 4-A, the lack of a feat isn’t proof and claiming NLF isn’t either. No one is saying Garou’s power copying doesn’t have a limit and a lack of a feat doesn’t mean that it couldn’t happen, you look at the feat statements to determine if that’s a possibility.
I think it goes a bit deeper than that since this would apply to all power mimicry of AP in general. There would essentially be no ability of “I can copy your AP.” According to this standard.

Ah well, fun CRT. I still think my positions to be true because I believe them to be more logical while requiring less assumptions to make. But the people have spoken regardless.

the people can be wrong you know
Yes, I do think they’re wrong and I think my arguments are more valid.

Don’t matter, people have spoken, we’ve argued it and majority of people including staff members disagree.

I don’t like the arguments or the logical conclusions they bring, nor do I think they hold up, but oh well. Like what can ya do dude.

It’s a vs battle site lmao.

Bro I think we need a recount. A lot of them didn't read the full conversation, or just stated NLF, which ignores the fact that NLF has been proven not to apply here.

Also I do think it's important to note that he can't copy someone elses' superior AD, although that should be its own CRT.

Yes, I do think they’re wrong and I think my arguments are more valid.

Don’t matter, people have spoken, we’ve argued it and majority of people including staff members disagree.

I don’t like the arguments or the logical conclusions they bring, nor do I think they hold up, but oh well. Like what can ya do dude.

It’s a vs battle site lmao.
OIP.rXtMMFJVn0yl8vAeZ1mKCgHaD4

I have a dream, that one day, the threads on this website will control their own logic. A website of the truly logical damnit. A forum of logic, not standards ruled by FACTS, not staff vote! Where the law changes to suit the verse, not the other way around....where knowledge and crts are back where they belong, in the hands....OF THE PEOPLE! **** these limp dick downplayers, and chicken shit fallacies. **** this 24/7 vsbattlewiki spew of fra and tiering system BULLSHIT! **** verse supporters, **** the likely far higher! ****, ALL OF IT!
Vs debating is diseased, rotten to the core. There's no saving it, we need to pull it out by the roots, burn it DOWN!
And from the ashes a new vsbattleswiki will be born, amped, but UNLIMITED! The weak will be purged, the smartest will thrive, they'll make debating GREAT AGAIN! You get it? I'm using crts as a business to get clout...so I can end crts as a business.

I have a dream, that one day, the threads on this website will control their own logic. A website of the truly logical damnit. A forum of logic, not standards ruled by FACTS, not staff vote! Where the law changes to suit the verse, not the other way around....where knowledge and crts are back where they belong, in the hands....OF THE PEOPLE! **** these limp dick downplayers, and chicken shit fallacies. **** this 24/7 vsbattlewiki spew of fra and tiering system BULLSHIT! **** verse supporters, **** the likely far higher! ****, ALL OF IT!
Vs debating is diseased, rotten to the core. There's no saving it, we need to pull it out by the roots, burn it DOWN!
And from the ashes a new vsbattleswiki will be born, amped, but UNLIMITED! The weak will be purged, the smartest will thrive, they'll make debating GREAT AGAIN! You get it? I'm using crts as a business to get clout...so I can end crts as a business.
….just go to CSAP wiki or something 😭

FULLY disagree fra /j

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back