• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Gargoyle's surprise! Esdeath vs Cole MacGrath( Three votes needed)

Icey Waifu Spam Begins

I'm leaning towards Cole, but it feels really 50/50. Does Cole's Durability Negation need physical contact?

How far into High 7-A is Cole? I'm guessing baseline. Whereas Esdeath casually one shots a guy who is much stronger than a 2955 megaton feat.

How can Cole keep up with hax?

Cole is twice as strong as a near 1 Gigaton character. So he should be around 2 gigatons.

He loves to spam ranged attacks so it's ultimately a who hits first scenario and Esdeath is going to go through hell trying to kill him, ranged wise Cole makes Esdeath look like a complete joke.

But on the other hand he has zero way to counteract time Stop.

Gonna have to think on this one, leaning on Esdeath but IDK

Hmm interesting, Esdeath doesn't use time stop right off the bat. I think I'll go inconclusive for now this seems like a whoever pulls out their hax first wins deal.

Lightbuster30 said:
Going with Cole since he did his feat completely by accident, at the start if the game, and on the verge of collapse.
No.

This Cole is 2 Gigatons. Esdeath one shots a guy who is much stronger than 2955 Megatons You can't use AP as an argument here.

Lightbuster30 said:
Going with Cole since he did his feat completely by accident, at the start if the game, and on the verge of collapse.
That was a 392 megaton feat, Esdeath has the AP here.

Powering up constantly throughout the game before doubling his power with the Ray Sphere.

Gargoyle One said:
He's near 1 gugaton due to powering up, then doubled his power
But isn't it scaled from a severely weakened Cole? That is the scaling uses 300 megatons, which was performed by a nerfed Cole?

Don't have much time to chat, but from what I can gather, Evil Cole should be around 5.5 gigatons

Cole performs this 347 megaton feat very early at the beginning of the game by accident

He increases his power 8x via charging up substations. 347 x 8 = 2776 megatons. That's already 2.8 gigatons. Evil Cole uses the Ray Sphere a second time, which doubles his power. That makes it 5.5 gigatons.

PTSOXMONKEY99 said:
Don't have much time to chat, but from what I can gather, Evil Cole should be around 5.5 gigatons
Cole performs this 347 megaton feat very early at the beginning of the game by accident

He increases his power 8x via charging up substations. 347 x 8 = 2776 megatons. That's already 2.8 gigatons. Evil Cole uses the Ray Sphere a second time, which doubles his power. That makes it 5.5 gigatons.
That's baseline 6-C. And as it stands, Cole is High 7-A here.

Furthermore, I don't think we can actually scale that way on this wiki. Untill you make a CRT. Cole is High 7-A

Whoah Whoah where the hell is that coming from?

IIRC substations don't have a multiplier

Is doesn't? Then where is the mountain+ come from? Cause 300+ megatons is way too far from 1 gigaton to just bump up a tier go up a tier.

My passive downgrade aura is flaring up agai

Well I mean it's a 300+ Megaton feat when initially awakes his powers, his powers fully manifest after a week or however long it was, and he Powers up throughout the game substation after substation until he finally uses the Ray sphere a second time and doubles his power.

So.

Are we allowed to put a "+" onto a rating without a canon multipler? Cause iirc, we can only use "+" if there is a canon multiplier that stacks onto a calc, or a character was already calc'd as being so high up in a tier that it was only logical that a power boost/transformation would put them in the "+" zone. And we don't know how much does substations boosted him by, and even though the 347 megaton feat was done uber casually, it's still pretty far away from 1 gigaton (1000 gigatons)...

Well I'm asking to make sure this is worth the effort (and I'm running on 3 hours of sleep, so I'm not tryna put in all that effort)

No it's not, 347 megatons plus 8 power boosts on top of the fact that Alden was stated as much stronger then mid game Cole who EoG Cole stomps makes M+ comfortable.

Hell, Kaltias was the guy who originally insisted on it.

Voting for Cole. Esdeath's time stop is destructive yes, but it's likely that Cole can outlast it or even possibly counter it. After all enough heat or cold resistance can allow that. So there's a chance that Cole's body, which is full of live electricity, would naturally melt it.

CoreOfimBalance(COB) said:
Voting for Cole. Esdeath's time stop is destructive yes, but it's likely that Cole can outlast it or even possibly counter it. After all enough heat or cold resistance can allow that. So there's a chance that Cole's body, which is full of live electricity, would naturally melt it.
Not good enough reasoning. Especially since Esdeath can fodder him rather easily with the AP differential.

Budo was caught in the timestop iirc, and he didn't resist it. So I have my doubts that Cole could.

Back