• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Gargoyle's surprise! Esdeath vs Cole MacGrath( Three votes needed)

Isn't his body summoning lightning? Not filled with it? On the other hand trying to remember scenes when he had actively pumped up electricity and was frozen in time.

And just saw that the one that had advantage in AP is Esdeath, not Cole. Nvm.

I think the level of heat produced from constant electricity could weaken some of Esdeath's attacks but as Evil Cole 1 he does have many things limiting him. In that case, gonna hand it to Esdeath,

Hmm, I think that's different enough from a guy who uses an artifact to summon lightning, versus a guy who literally has lightning pumping throughout his body instead of just his armor.

Considering your body would basically be a living plant compared to a normal human who has only electricity coursing outside the 'metallic' section? I'd say yes. There's a major difference on it due to the different nature of how their own heat and electricity works.

Having electricity running through your body does not mean you automatically have cold resistance. Especially not on Esdeath's level who is able to freeze lightning bolts, and a plasma beam.

When did I say it was automatic? Sides in a logic of A --> B it kinda makes sense. I said it develops enough heat in your body to really change it up especially when you have a lot of voltage going on enough to compare to power plants. Also, magic lightning bolts. Though I admit I haven't seen that so I'm going to request some pics for future reference.

Cole gets his cold resistance since he can withstand subzero attacks that flash-freeze and injure everything from Milita grunts to Corrupted Hive-Lords and Devourers. He also scales to Kuo, who literally lives with a sub zero body temperature, since he gets his ice powers from her.

His heat resistance comes from the fact that he's unaffected by the heat produced from his and Kessler's lightning, and he can withstand fire attacks from people in his league (Alden's 7A fireballs, Nix's Low 6B napalm attacks)

PTSOXMONKEY99 said:
Cole gets his cold resistance since he can withstand subzero attacks that flash-freeze and injure everything from Milita grunts to Corrupted Hive-Lords and Devourers. He also scales to Kuo, who literally lives with a sub zero body temperature, since he gets his ice powers from her.
His heat resistance comes from the fact that he's unaffected by the heat produced from his and Kessler's lightning, and he can withstand fire attacks from people in his league (Alden's 7A fireballs, Nix's Low 6B napalm attacks)
Esdeath is capable of freezing air into ice. That takes tempatures well under -300F. I don't think "Sub Zero" compares unless it is around that level.

Plus, Mahapdama managing to freeze lightning bolts, and a plasma blast.

So unless someone provides some more compelling evidence, I don't see Cole resisting it anytime soon.

@Versus

-300 F does indeed fall into subzero. And while we don't know how far into subzero the Conduits go, we see that Kuo and the Vermaak 88 can also apparently freeze the air around them to form ice structures. Cole himself can freeze the air around himself in inFamous 2 to form ice spikes and then launch them with a shockwave.

Cole himself can withstand ice attacks from Kuo, which can freeze Vermaak 88 solid, who, much like her, have a subzero body temperature.

@COB

I... think so? It's stated that Conduits can unlock new powers and improve upon other ones by stressing their body by using their abilities in new ways. Kessler stated that after their powers show up, Conduits will have control over their powers after 2 weeks. And if we want to be cheeky, Cole does gain XP from defeating enemies and performing stunts, which usually lets him develop new abilities and skills.

I was actually thinking about including Accelerated Development to Cole's profile, since he was able to go from barely being able to light up a light bulb to frying mannequins, flipping cars with shockwaves, and being able to no sell high falls and bullets, all just by training with his powers for less than 2 weeks (he spent the first days of the Quarantine in a coma), and this was before he started messing around with the substations.

Theres also the fact that he also somehow gained electromagnetism after his battle with Kessler, and after his battle with David, he somehow gained unlimited electricity and spammable rockets, even though the time between inFamous 1 and 2 was pretty brief.

Well I mean Cole has the potential to develop a resistance....

Overtime........

When Esdeath is done kicking his teeth in........

Most of the above listed feats are just Cole withstanding ice blasts from Kuo and the Vermaak. Most of his resistance feats happen when he is weakened from the Beast draining his powers.

I guess I go with Esdeath

While there is the possibility that Cole is resist to Esdeath's time stop (it's still up in the air), I thin her AP and skill advantage eventually let's her edge out a win

Back