• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Then why does ANY Final Boss aside from Solaris (and Dark Gaia) scale to Super Sonic? Most of them can't hurt him, but they can still push him back/stagger him which is enough to downscale, especially since they can tank his attacks.

I know, I already explained why that shouldn't be too much of an issue for the Advance bosses. Hell for all we know, they could be powered by the emeralds too. It's not like they need to be inside the machine in order to power them (as seen in Sonic Advance 3), and since we know for a fact that they can keep up with Super Sonic, it just feels so wrong to disregard this scaling because it lacks a plot detail to its background that not even all final bosses have anyway. Is Mother Wisp gonna stay 4-A despite not being related to the FEB in any way? That doesn't make any sense either.

To be fair, I never said you didn't lol.

I figured more staff would be in this thread. It SEEMED like a big deal oof

Looks sus I agree with the OP but stuff like this requires notes at the bottom of pages

With that invulnerability by Super Sonic, even if the bot was Low 2-C, it wouldn’t cause damage :V
Agreed unless the boss has shown to be able to harm a super form while also having their own tier 2 feats/statements (E.g: Egg Salamander or Phantom King). Scaling bosses to them is a bit dubious with the invulnerability.

Tier 2 base game Knuckles when?

Agreed unless the boss has shown to be able to harm a super form while also having their own tier 2 feats/statements (E.g: Egg Salamander or Phantom King). Scaling bosses to them is a bit dubious with the invulnerability.

Tier 2 base game Knuckles when?
Even if you exclude the theory that Knuckles nulled the Emeralds in this instance, him knocking out Super Sonic is a textbook outlier. I still stand by scaling the Advance final bosses to Low 2-C in SOME way. No one really debunked my arguments

Last edited:
Even if you exclude the theory that Knuckles nulled the Emeralds in this instance, him knocking out Super Sonic is a textbook outlier. I still stand by scaling the Advance final bosses to Low 2-C in SOME way. No one really debunked my arguments
I was clearly being sarcastic sheesh, hence the crossed out comment remark like this.

Also I'll stand by my intial response, at least Dark Gaia and Metal Overlord had major context behind their fights. The Advance bosses don't really have much context (Except for Ultimate Gemerl who actually was powered by the emeralds and can even freeze Super Sonic).

Yeah Ultimate Gemerl should straight up scale to Low 2-C since he uses the Emeralds to transform and can freeze Super Sonic

Super Egg Robot apparently can trap Super Sonic for a moment but I haven’t seen it in action to make a gif out of it.

Considering Super Sonic could only harm her by attacking her eyes, I’d say she scales
Wisps are a bit weird. I heard there was cut content of Wisp power being stronger than Chaos Energy. Seems it was removed like Eggman having a fake mustache line.🥸

Wisps are a bit weird. I heard there was cut content of Wisp power being stronger than Chaos Energy. Seems it was removed like Eggman having a fake mustache line.🥸
Also the implications of the Black Arms = Wisps with the unused line about an one eyed black wisp (That suspiciously sounds like Dooms eye) getting cast out.

Either way Mother Wisp should scale too and she's far above her kids that can individually create black holes.

So question, what are we doing with Ix, given him being powered by the master emerald directly, but gets beaten by Super Sonic

So question, what are we doing with Ix, given him being powered by the master emerald directly, but gets beaten by Super Sonic
I mean, that sounds like supporting evidence Chaos Energy varies on how much power it gives (For Games. Archie Prefect Chaos is still Archie's main Outlier with those darn Super Emeralds)

that seems incredibly dumb
Why? The reason was that echidnas can use the full power of the ME, unlike others gotta love when people call something dumb when they don't even know the actual point

Btw this note from Eggman's profile needs to be removed/reworded

Dr. Eggman being able to briefly stay ahead of Super Sonic in the classic games is a Game Mechanic.
It was added recently, without a CRT even, and it makes no sense, Eggman never outruns Super Sonic in the classic games, either it should be reworded to remove that super and keep it as just Sonic, or just removed in the first place

It was added recently, without a CRT even, and it makes no sense, Eggman never outruns Super Sonic in the classic games, either it should be reworded to remove that super and keep it as just Sonic, or just removed in the first place
That is true. The only two times Eggman is "outrunning" Sonic in the Classic Games are in Sonic 2 and in Sonic 3 & Knuckles, and in both cases Sonic is unable to turn Super while chasing Eggman

Why? The reason was that echidnas can use the full power of the ME, unlike others gotta love when people call something dumb when they don't even know the actual point
oh you mean like that, I thought you were saying that people were trying to upscale him in his entirety to 2-C just because he is an echidna, yeah that is why I stated at least low 2-C, also that causes circular scaling if we do upscale him cause it makes Super Sonic/Chaos emeralds<Hyper Sonic/Super Emeralds<ME<Ix<Super Sonic

also that causes circular scaling if we do upscale him cause it makes Super Sonic/Chaos emeralds<Hyper Sonic/Super Emeralds<ME<Ix<Super Sonic
That's exactly why scaling him to the full power of the Master Emerald is wrong, because the scaling it creates contradicts itself

i know, im just saying that he should be At least low 2-C given him being able to hurt SS and do actual decent damage, + him being able to take multiple hits from SS in the combo

i know, im just saying that he should be At least low 2-C given him being able to hurt SS and do actual decent damage, + him being able to take multiple hits from SS in the combo
Yeah IX definitely scale to Super Sonic, and might to his full power as well, but scaling him to the full power of the ME is a big no

Back