• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Game of Thrones & A Song of Ice and Fire General Discussion

Or Young Griff, whether or not he is a real Targaryen he still has the name.
How can there be any doubt? He is Aegon VI Targaryen, the trueborn son of Rhaegar Targaryen and the rightful King of the Andals, the Rhoynar, and the First Men!

this is a joke, he‘s 110% a Blackfyre

I like to think that Daeron II actually was falseborn, so ironically, the Blackfyres (and by extension Young Griff) really are the rightful heirs to the throne.

Is this the theory that he’s Illyrio’s son? Because I’m already well aware of that theory and I believe it.

I like to think that Daeron II actually was falseborn, so ironically, the Blackfyres (and by extension Young Griff) really are the rightful heirs to the throne.
The Aegon IV-Naerys-Aemon trio reminds me a lot of that of Robert-Cersei-Jaime.
But I don't know what to think when it comes to the rumors about Daeron's bastardy. Maybe I like to think that Daeron was indeed Aegon's son

Jaehaerys’ master-at-arms claimed that, had Maegor Targaryen still lived, 15 years-old Jaehaerys would be skilled enough to best him in combat
I saw a post on r/ASOIAF that made me think about this. For the purposes of the site, there’s nothing wrong with it, there’s no contradictions as far as I’m aware.

But looking at it as just a reader… I feel like this is horseshit and the usual Jaehaerys wank lol. Like, I’m pretty sure if that fight actually happened somehow, Maegor would demolish Jaehaerys.

I saw a post on r/ASOIAF that made me think about this. For the purposes of the site, there’s nothing wrong with it, there’s no contradictions as far as I’m aware.

But looking at it as just a reader… I feel like this is horseshit and the usual Jaehaerys wank lol. Like, I’m pretty sure if that fight actually happened somehow, Maegor would demolish Jaehaerys.

I’m not saying Jae wasn’t a good warrior or anything even though Borys Baratheon in that image has no combat accolades so-, I just think Maegor snaps him like a twig lol

Last edited:
Jaehaerys at 15 maybe, but not Jaehaerys at his prime.
I don't see why Ser Elyas Scales (Jaehaerys master-at-arms at Dragonstone during the Regency) would lie to Jaeherys about his skill or potential skill, especially when he said in the same sentence that Jaehaerys will never have the skill of his own kingsguard, with whom Jaeherys trained intensely.

His weapons master was honest with him, and his Kingsguard, who were legitimately the best fighters of the time, did not hesitate to hurt Jaeherys during training sessions. Jaehaerys definitely didn't want to become as weak as his father, Aenys I, in battle (who was still described as an "adequate fighter" btw), so he trained a lot seriously.

Whether it's as a reader or as a powerscaler, I see no problem that Jaeherys was better than Maegor was.

Last edited:

Jaehaerys at 15 yes maybe, but not Jaehaerys at his prime.
Meh, I still think Maegor would clap him up. Like, Maegor at 12-13 was bodying trained men-at-arms and knights, and at 16 he actually beat three knights of the Kingsguard during a tourney.
I don't see why Ser Elyas Scales (Jaehaerys master-at-arms at Dragonstone during the Regency) would lie to Jaeherys about his skill or potential skill, especially when he said in the same sentence that he will never have the skill of his own kingsguard, with whom Jaeherys trained intensely
I could see Jae being more skilled than Maegor maybe (although even that I find questionable), but actually beating Maegor in a fight? Nah

Meh, I still think Maegor would clap him up. Like, Maegor at 12-13 was bodying trained men-at-arms and knights, and at 16 he actually beat three knights of the Kingsguard during a tourney.
Well, Jaeherys trained with his own Kingsguard, who were legitimately the best fighters of the time, and they didn't hesitate to hurt Jaeherys during training sessions. Jaehaerys definitely didn't want to become as weak as his father, Aenys I, in battle (who was still described as an "adequate fighter" btw), so he trained a lot.

I could see Jae being more skilled than Maegor maybe (although even that I find questionable), but actually beating Maegor in a fight? Nah
For my part, I have no problem seeing Jaehaerys beat Maegor in single combat because I completely trust the words of his master-at-arms

Well, Jaeherys trained with his own Kingsguard, who were legitimately the best fighters of the time, and they didn't hesitate to hurt Jaeherys during training sessions. Jaehaerys definitely didn't want to become as weak as his father, Aenys I, in battle (who was still described as an "adequate fighter" btw), so he trained a lot.
Like I said, I don’t think Jaehaerys is a bad fighter or anything, I just don’t think he’s taking Maegor, let alone beating him.

Maegor bested the three kingsguard members in the joust, not in the melee.

I would recommend them. Phoenix Ashes is a small-time channel with regular weekly video essays. Their takes on the series are some of the most interesting I've watched and a fresh departure from the usual rhetoric in the fandom.
If we can use this wiki to help jumpstart their superstardom, we could gain a quite useful advertising helper.
@LordTracer @Ser_Hakim_Dayne @RoTt35 @Reyne For a start, their take on Lyanna's characterization:

To be completely honest, I don’t care all that much about Lyanna outside of her being the Knight of the Laughing Tree so I’ll pass. Also,
That's a shame, but how about this, which critiques fandom-wide perceptives on Dany?

I want to promote their channel here and help them get more subscribers, then reach out to them and ask them to shout our site out in their videos to get us advertising revenue.

Is Baela at Rook's Rest?
Yeah, it looks like it.
I’ve seen some people theorize that she’ll arrive as Rhaenys is killed and be forced to flee, then she’ll redeem herself when she takes on Aegon

Hi again, I'm back after a month of inactivity for various reasons, I recently saw the teaser for the second season of HotD and I'm very excited as I really liked the first one. Btw, I was going to make a small CRT but first I would need some input with these questions:
I always wondered if Drogon's fire breath could scale from this calc, considering that he burned down a lot of the houses in King's Landing
Would it be fine to assume that a large dragon like Vhagar is at least comparable to smaller dragons like Rhaegal or Viserion regarding AP?
Thanks in advance

Back