• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Game of Thrones & A Song of Ice and Fire General Discussion

It's a bit iffy given the special nature of Dany's dragons.
I don't remember that being implied in the show other that Dany's dragons growing much faster than the others (Drogon at 6 years old was already 80 meters long while Vhagar at 100 years old was only 90 meters long), which I guess could grant them Accelerated Development

I don't remember that being implied in the show other that Dany's dragons growing much faster than the others (Drogon at 6 years old was already 80 meters long while Vhagar at 100 years old was only 90 meters long), which I guess could grant them Accelerated Development
Drogon is 50 meters. He can vary, but he's often 50 and is shown to be so in a reference chart.

Drogon is 50 meters. He can vary, but he's often 50 and is shown to be so in a reference chart.
Nah, Dany's dragons are stated to be the same size as a Boeing 747 (70.66 meters) during season 7, with Drogon being a 20% bigger than his brothers

Nah, Dany's dragons are stated to be the same size as a Boeing 747 (70.66 meters) during season 7, with Drogon being a 20% bigger than his brothers
Yeah, Matt Shakman said that, but he isn't. He can be measured ON SCREEN as being 50 meters, and he's 50 meters in the HOTD scale chart.

Yeah, Matt Shakman said that, but he isn't. He can be measured ON SCREEN as being 50 meters, and he's 50 meters in the HOTD scale chart.
If I'm not wrong statements take precedence over visuals regarding size. And I don't remember any official scale chart of the dragons

If I'm not wrong statements take precedence over visuals regarding size. And I don't remember any official scale chart of the dragons
For this site, I guess, but Drogon is consistantly not 70 meters, nor is the 747 statement the only one that exists. The HOTD book has a scale chart. He's also 50 meters in the VFX breakdown.

Can you prove that the scale chart is from the book? Likewise, it's completely wrong, using that scale I measured Drogon's lenght at 25 meters, which is his size during season 5-6, plus according to it Meleys is smaller than Drogon when I calculated her length at 42 meters, and Caraxes is even smaller when he has some statements of being half the size of Vhagar, who is 90 meters long

Can you prove that the scale chart is from the book? Likewise, it's completely wrong, using that scale I measured Drogon's lenght at 25 meters, which is his size during season 5-6, plus according to it Meleys is smaller than Drogon when I calculated her length at 42 meters, and Caraxes is even smaller when he has some statements of being half the size of Vhagar, who is 90 meters long

Should the speed of the HotD dragons be "Unknown, likely Hypersonic", like Balerion, or scale directly to the value since a large dragon like Vhagar can keep up with a smaller one like Arrax?

Back