• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Game of Thrones & A Song of Ice and Fire General Discussion

This thread is for us to talk, discuss and give our opinion about everything related to Game of Thrones, the new series House of the Dragon and those that will be released in the future. Also to talk about the Song of Ice and Fire books. It is strictly forbidden to talk about season 8 and the finale of the show

Predictions for WOW ?

• Stannis wins the battle in the ice with the help of the Manderly and manages to conquer Winterfell
  • Aegon VI succeeds in defeating the Lannisters with the help of the Martell and he gets the iron throne
  • Euron Greyjoy wins the sea battle against the Redwyne and sacks Oldtown
  • Jon dies of his wounds, enters Ghost's mind, and will be resurrected later by Stannis and Melisandre thanks to Shireen's sacrifice.
  • Aegon VI is actually a Blackfyre descendant, and it's a plot by Varys, Illyrio and Myles Toyne for a Blackfyre to finally ascend the throne.
  • Daenerys wins the second siege of Meereen and leaves for Westeros, and she may start a second Dance of the Dragons against Aegon VI
  • The Frey kill each other during a civil war
  • Stannis will either be killed by the Others, Dany or Aegon.
  • The Others begin invading Westeros at the end of the book.

I have a lot of hype for the series
Not me.
It's not that it sucks, but I'm such a hardcore fanboy that I struggle with the differences between the books and the shows. Even if some differences are completely understandable, it's normal, but I can't watch GOT anymore since I became a fan of the books.

Not me.
It's not that it sucks, but I'm such a hardcore fanboy that I struggle with the differences between the books and the shows. Even if some differences are completely understandable, it's normal, but I can't watch GOT anymore since I became a fan of the books.
I understand you, but the problem with Game of Thrones was always that George R.R. Martin never finished writing the books for the entire duration of the show, and in the end they ran out of source material and did the atrocities of seasons 7 and 8.
But this time with House of the Dragon the source material is finished, since it is based on the Fire and Blood books; also George R.R. Martin is executive producer and creator of the show. That is why I have a lot of hype for the series, in addition the composer will be Ramin Djawadi, who was one of the best things of Game of Thrones

with Game of Thrones was always that George R.R. Martin never finished writing the books for the entire duration of the show, and in the end they ran out of source material and did the atrocities of seasons 7 and 8.
I'm mostly talking about the series as a whole. The first four seasons are very good, but I can't watch them anymore since I read the books.

since it is based on the Fire and Blood books; also George R.R. Martin is executive producer and creator of the show.
George RR Martin didn't write the show, but it could be very good yes.
But the Dance of the Dragons in Fire and Blood is quite hard to adapt, it's not like A Song of Ice and Fire, it's a historical chronicle written by three different sources (Mushroom, Septon Eustace and Grand Maester Munkun ), and some events have different versions (but fortunately not all of them). I wonder what choice they will make

and did the atrocities of seasons 7 and 8.
Even if the books weren't finished, they could have made an effort anyway.
For the White Walkers too this is unacceptable. They're fine on the show, but not having them nuanced and just making them bad guys that they're destroying everything for no reason, just no. GRRM has already said (long before the show ended) that he doesn't like this kind of character too much, at least for the big antagonists, and there's a good chance that the White Walkers of the books are nuanced characters who want to invade Westeros for a specific reason.

Even if the books weren't finished, they could have made an effort anyway.
Agree, they literally destroyed the entire history of the show and almost everyone's character development in two seasons. Luckily D&D will no longer be related to Game of Thrones

Agree, they literally destroyed the entire history of the show and almost everyone's character development in two seasons. Luckily D&D will no longer be related to Game of Thrones
The worst part is that we know for a fact that dumb and dumber can write , which shows that they didn't even try

The worst part is that we know for a fact that dumb and dumber can write , which shows that they didn't even try
Yeah, they just wanted to finish the series fast to make a Star Wars movie, from which they were scrapped at the end, even though HBO and George R.R. Martin wanted to do up to 10 seasons or more, very sad. At least for future projects they will never be associated with them again

I guess, the problem is that on that page GoT and ASOIAF still appear as the same verse

Sansa would probably be a good Queen. Or she could just be Margaery’s Queen

Daenerys from season 3 would have been a good queen, but we all know what happened next, damn D&D

I dunno, Dany definitely showed signs of the Targaryen madness throughout the first six seasons. Although based on what I’ve heard about Season 8, they kinda just rushed her into full Mad Queen mode.

I mean, in season 3 Daenerys conquered the city of Yunkai for the simple fact of freeing 200,000 slaves and delayed her invasion of Westeros to keep the peace and abolish slavery in Slaver's Bay, plus she had two excellent advisors like Jorah and Baristan. Literally in season 8 the "development" of his Targaryen madness was during episodes 4 and 5; basically they used three main villains (Night King, Cersei and Dany) in three different episodes, and they died in that same episode

I made a CRT to do a rework on Melisandre's profile (GoT), I would appreciate if you could give your input

Btw I asked AKM about the White Walkers being scaled to Gregor and he doesn’t know the reasoning either, so I’ll make a CRT about that soon.

You guys remember some people thought Drogon was smart for not killing Jon and destroying the Iron Throne because it was supposed to be the true problem? Well, according to the script that was just an accident...

What would be the list or the top of the best Game of Thrones fighters? (simple question to start a discussion and especially because I haven't seen the show for a long time, so I'm curious)

My show top would be:
1) Arthur Dayne
2) Barristan Selmy (Prime)
3) Jaime Lannister (Prime)
4) Oberyn Martell
5) Grey Worm
I'm not sure about the 5th place, but the first three are irremovable

This is a top 3 I see often, for the show and the books
Well, Arthur Dayne was the greatest knight who ever lived (Ned's words) who used two swords, one of them Dawn, and fought against 4 warriors at the same time. Barristan Selmy killed 15 Sons of the Harpy in a row in his 60/70s while wearing no armor. And Jaime Lannister was always described as a very skilled and quick knight

In this scene, the fireballs of the Children of the Forest can vaporize multiple Wights, I could count up to three (311,391,675*3 = 934,175,025 Joules or 0.22 Tons of TNT, wich is Small Building level+). The White Walkers aren't affected by them, so using Inverse Square Law and assuming a distance of one meter I got the following result:
(934,175,025/4π)*0.68 = 50,550,714.8 Joules or 0.012 Tons of TNT (9-A: Small Building level). Would that be an outlier or, if the calc is accepted, would it upgrade the Mid-Tiers?

Forget what I said, Inverse Square Law can't be used since the White Walkers weren't hit by the blast, sad

Back