• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Gajeel vs Metal Bat

Gajeel : 4

Metal Bat : 1

I thought that this would be a fun matchup since they both have the same Japanese voice actor. 7-A versions for both characters, speed equalized, in an open clearing inside of a forest, 20m starting distance.Metal bat is put in fighting spirit mode because Gajeel tried to eat his bat, and Gajeel is bloodlusted because metal bat was talking trash about Fairy Tail. Who do you think will come out on top?

Vlcsnap2011010112h31m03
5280262-hptrmdk

Can Gajeel just eat his bat or that forbidden? if Gajeel cant do that than i think MB will win becuse eventually he will become stronger than Gajeel

One can assume that Gajeel would eat his bat. Anyways, Gajeel has superior range and iron scales for close quarters. However, Metal Bat's gradual growth is a problem for Gajeel if he can't knock him out quickly. Do you think Gajeel can KO before Metal Bat gets too OP?

Either way, I vote Gajeel once he eats the bat. I believe that makes it:

Gajeel: 3 Metal Bat: 0

Cant we just ignore the "Geejel eat his bat" for the sake of this fight? i mean the whole point is that we discuss about actual fight this is the fun,and not just Geejel-eat-his-bat-buff-the-fight-over

Ryop said:
Cant we just ignore the "Geejel eat his bat" for the sake of this fight? i mean the whole point is that we discuss about actual fight this is the fun,and not just Geejel-eat-his-bat-buff-the-fight-over
This is not a fun fight, Gajeel here is fighting for his life and will eat the bat. If you want fun there's fun and games board

@UcHuman you're the one that made the thread, you can't vote.

@Ryop Why would we ignore that fact exactly? That's part of the fight.

If Gajeel can actually eat the bat and that's an adequate factor in the fight, you can't ask people to ignore it just because you don't like debating against that point.

You dont understand,i mean that if we let Gajeel eat his bat so there is no fight here at all ,he just eat his bat and it over,instead of make them literally fight.

this whole discussion is basically pointless

Gajeel has more versatility and range, intangibility, and can eat the bat if he needs to recharge or weaken metal bat. Gajeel should take it.

@UcHuman though you can argue for a side, you can't vote in your own matches.

Well it's not like Metal Bat loses his powers without his bat. He'll just be disadvantaged as his main fighting style is taken away.

Even then, just state that this is a stomp match if you believe so. We won't just discard a viable ability or fighting stradegy of someone for the sake of having a fun discussion.

We do that with One Piece's chercters(logia user) when we put them against someone from other universe becuse without that they moesly cant lose for example,i see no reason not do that here too

and Metal Bat lose huge part of his fightint abilty without the bat he dont know(or at least dont have any experience) hand to hand combat.From Gajeel's side it not like he lose power or somthing from that,this only make him to literally fight Metal Bat

Ryop said:
We do that with One Piece's chercters(logia user) when we put them against someone from other universe becuse without that they moesly cant lose for example,i see no reason not do that here too
Uhmm, no. Logias lose their intangibility due to verse equalization. Eating metal is Gajeel's personal skill. This is like saying in a Luffy thread that we should remove Luffy's resistance to attacks with blunt force.

Ryop said:
and Metal Bat lose huge part of his fightint abilty without the bat he dont know(or at least dont have any experience) hand to hand combat.From Gajeel side it not like he lose power or somthing from that,this only make him to literally fight Metal Bat
What? No we don't. We don't give haki to anybody from other verse for free, armament haki is not a gift you're born with, you have to train for years to obtain and pefect it. Logia are hard to beat because it is supposed to be broken, even in One Piece. If Metal Bat loses, he loses.

Metal Bat, reasons: 1) 7-A Gajeel is base gajeel so no shadow powers and even if we allow them Gajeel has to turn at least partly tangible to attack so he can be countered.

2) Given the senario MB will know eating metal is one of Gajeel's abilities and will be wary. MB will probably counter the metal eating by smashing Gajeel's face in which could also kill or incap Gajeel due to the concussive force bouncing his brain around inside his skull.

3) Gajeel's iron scales are a worthless defence against a blunt weapon/ blunt attacks since they can't stop the KE being transfered into his body and doing internal damage.

4) Damaging MB makes him stronger so Gajeel has to kill or KO in a few hits to avoid being over powered.

Back