• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Funny Valentine tries to avenge his verse

8-A Alex

No Love Train

Speed equalized if needed

In character

Funny has prior knowledge if needed
FunnyValentine2
Funny Valentine

Alex Mercer Prototype
Alex Mercer

Unequal Funny blitzes and paradoxes. Equal Funny may be able to piss off right way and quickly find an alternate universe Alex and bring him to main Alex and aradox them, as long as Funny reappears and brings the other alex over within the main alex's paradox range, given he could just search for a universe where Alex has no powers or is substantially weaker (as shown with alternate Johnny's or Dio in the opposite direction) then drop that Alex on top of the main Alex. But if he enters cqc he's gonna be ******, like badly, depends on how Funny plays his cards. If Funny has prior knowledge he's going to do what I said above, if he doesnt, well he may just **** himself hard and treat Alex like some punk.

The massive speed difference with D4C is too great, so we definitely need speed equalisation for this, so I think speed should be equalised for this.

I don't think the Merger sponges effect has ever dealt with those of Mercer's level of Regenerationn, so I doubt it can actually even get rid of Mercer for good. Plus, there's likely going to be a CRT regarding Transmutation resistance for Mercer soon enough, so I doubt it would even be effective if the CRT goes through...

Either way, with Mercer having some ways to kill Valentine very quickly (including Absorption via touch that works near instantaneously or the), it's only a matter of time before Valentine pops up again to get killed even assuming Mercer fails to do it the first time. If the alternate versions of Mercer brought against him has no powers or is substantially weaker, I'm pretty sure Mercer can deal with them pretty easily.

Well, what I can see, the paradox effect of Merger sponges doesn't seem to possess any mechanics or feats of dealing with Regenerationn at the level of Mercer (even if we exclude that upcoming CRT).

So the only win condition I can see Valentine achieving is BFR and not trying to bother Mercer after that, but he'll need to use Dimensional Hopping between two objects for such (such as his flag), and I'm pretty sure Mercer could just absorb Valentine's flag in an attempt to absorb Valentine to get rid of it (thus, probably resulting in Valentine losing his flag, and especially when he doesn't play his cards right enough). However, I'm not sure if it's within Valentine's character to hurt BFR his enemy and forget about dealing with them once they are in a different dimension though.

Well OP says Valentine has prior knowledge, so he is aware of what Mercer is and what he does.

Valentine could summon other versions of himself (That don't have D4C) to distract Mercer and then just try to BFR him. This version of Mercer doesn't go for gas attacks right off the bat right?

Stillwinston said:
Well OP says Valentine has prior knowledge, so he is aware of what Mercer is and what he does.

Valentine could summon other versions of himself (That don't have D4C) to distract Mercer and then just try to BFR him. This version of Mercer doesn't go for gas attacks right off the bat right?
The current 8-A key of Mercer doesn't lead with gassing, but later on in the course of the fight he could likely start trying to infect (likely through gasses), especially out of desperation or frustration of dealing with an prepared opponent that is difficult to hit or make contact with.

If Valentine summons other version of himself without D4C, I'm sure that would be ineffective as the massive AP gap could allow Mercer to just pound his fists together and have the shockwaves destroy them all (Mercer actually has a move like that in the Prototype 1 game), though he could also pull off that Absorption feat in Prototype 2 where he absorbs multiple targets with his tendrils all at once. Speaking of the massive AP difference, Valentine would also need to worry about the ranged attacks such as shockwaves or tendrils being send towards him by Mercer (trying to fight Mercer in close quarter combat is self-explanatory, particularly with Mercer's absorption via touch) that could instantly kill him (the scan of Valentine's memory and stand transference with D4C states that "instant death" can take him out, so anything that kills Valentine quicker than he can get his memory and stand transference would defeat him), so I don't think Valentine has a solid way to win even with prior knowledge.

Seventy96 said:
Is paradox works up to low-godly?
Unless D4C's paradox merger sponges effect has dealt with a living target's soul and explicitly took out targets who can reform their entire bodies from their disembodied souls, I don't think it has Regenerationn negation to that scale.

I'm not sure if Love Train even has any feats of dealing with targets of Mercer's Regenerationn with Misfortune/Probability-altering nonsense though, along with the fact that it's Absorption and BFR has only shown to affect inanimate objects from its surroundings rather than Valentine's enemies (doesn't help that there are no scans of it affecting living people from what I can see in Valentine's profile), so I doubt Valentine could stomp him with it. It'll most likely be a boring inconclusive with Valentine's Love Train though, due to neither of the two having any way to take each other out until Valentine leaves his Love Train.

Yeah, this match seems stompish.

By the way, that Kakine Teitoku vs Funny Valentine match seems flawed, especially when Valentine's Paradox Merger sponges effect doesn't even seem to have feats/scans that work against Kakine's scale of Regenerationn. Lol.

DeathNoodles said:
I'm not sure if Love Train even has any feats of dealing with targets of Mercer's Regenerationn with Misfortune/Probability-altering nonsense though, along with the fact that it's Absorption and BFR has only shown to affect inanimate objects from its surroundings rather than Valentine's enemies (doesn't help that there are no scans of it affecting living people from what I can see in Valentine's profile), so I doubt Valentine could stomp him with it. It'll most likely be a boring inconclusive with Valentine's Love Train though, due to neither of the two having any way to take each other out until Valentine leaves his Love Train.
Yeah, this match seems stompish.

By the way, that Kakine Teitoku vs Funny Valentine match seems flawed, especially when Valentine's Paradox Merger sponges effect doesn't even seem to have feats/scans that work against Kakine's scale of Regenerationn. Lol.
wait what valentine pushed diego into another universe in their fight

GiornoGiovannaF said:
wait what valentine pushed diego into another universe in their fight
With Love Train or with just plain D4C? And by push, do you mean he physically has to drag Diego there or do you mean he can use his abilities to send him there? And has he stopped bothering to attack Diego after that?

Edit: I've just re-checked, and the BFR is from just plain D4C. However, it requires Valentine's targets to be occupying a space between two objects, and that one scene where Valentine BFRed Diego was when he has to physically close the door once Diego was in a space between two objects, which I doubt Valentine could do against Mercer (especially in a situation where he has to force an object to close around Mercer, which Mercer can just counter with his immense Lifting Strength, along with his AP destroying any ordinary object he's around). I doubt Valentine can BFR Mercer that way.

>I don't think the Merger sponges effect has ever dealt with those of Mercer's level of Regenerationn, so I doubt it can actually even get rid of Mercer for good.

Paradox is actually above his regen, it deletes you from existence.

And while Funny cant overpower Alex and force him between something, as said above, he can do something akin to taking a different alex and bringing him into contact with the original, he can find a much weaker alex from a different world and bring him opposed to taking the alex he's fighting to a different world or find a alex he can win against and bring him instead or simply out of nowhere, stealth an alex that isnt expecting him and just throw a flag at him before the other alex notices him, taking him to the base world. Either or would be a viable option he can pull off in order to get two alex's to meet each other. Now if he actually does that, well that's hard to say, it's a posibility but I dont think it's a gurantee.

Any scans or explicit statement that proves that the paradox erases stuff from existence then? Because the term "obliterated" could mean many things in terms of destruction (whether that'll be from destroying things into pieces, pulverising them, etc.). Because from what I can see in Valentine's profile, Existence Erasure is not listed in his profile, and all I can see from the paradox effect is the menger sponges effect and the target being "completely obliterated". Obliteration is too vague of a term to describe the scale of destruction here. If there is no explicit scan or quotes showcasing existence erasure, then the paradox shouldn't be assumed to delete targets from existence in the first place.

The only scan I could find that can remotely support such is "No person can exist as 'two of the same person' in 'the same world'", and that's it. It didn't even explicitly state that the two identical targets meeting would get erased, just "obliterated", so I am sceptical of it actually inducing Existence Erasure (especially when Existence Erasure is not even mentioned in Valentine's profile). There's also the fact that the Paradox doesn't seem to cause existence erasure upon contact, it just causes the target's body to split into menger sponges before the menger sponges of that target's body then gets scattered somewhere else (nothing showing the target completely disappearing from existence as Wekapipo, who made contact with his alternate self and died, didn't have his body disappear from existence.. His body just became what looks like a cloud of dust and menger sponges of his flesh by the end of it, so the visual indication doesn't even look like he disappeared from existence), so I'm even more sceptical of that.

Bringing a much weaker Alex would just end up with that version of Alex being overpowered by Mercer. Stealth Alex? Mercer's Thermal Vision would allow him to be able to detect Valentine as long as he remains in the same dimension and in the same environment as Mercer, and Mercer would've already shapeshifted and disguised himself as an another person at that point to stealth Valentine back (absorbing Valentine via touch once Mercer is successful in his surprise attack).

Meh, it drops the word exist numerous times saying that they cant exist if either come into contact with each other, and the word exist isnt dropped once or twice, it's usually always stated and it's definitely the case in other material like EOH and the novels but for argument sakes let's ignore other material, it stills obliterate and is annihilation (multiple times actually, in fact it's only ever refered to as being obliterated (which actually means, as a base word, erased and annihilation straight up means reduced to subatomic particles.) Actually I did a quick skim through of the later quarter and all but twice, D4C is always called annihilation, even in the wog bio, in fact after the very start, every single time it's brought up, it's called and only called, annihilation/annihilated. So either way, it's above Mercer's regen, who could barely come back from vaporization (in fact if i recall he wasnt completely vaporized, been like nearly a decade though since i played it)

Wekapipo wasnt reduced to steam actually, even the steam and any and all remnants were gone in the following pages with zero evidence to suggest he was even there.

Being a much weaker Alex wouldnt help overpower him, if either Alex's come into contact, or a few meters of each other then he already lost, he cant overpower him without dying. Thermal Vision wont help if Funny appears from behind or out of nowhere or even from Alex, not even Diego with his bullshittingly good senses could feel or sense that Funny was literally on him, despite smelling him. You failed to understand what I was saying, Funny wouldnt stealth the Alex he's fighting (I mean kinda hard when they both start in each other's view, or whatever SBA is), but an alternate universe alex and when he reappears he can stealth because he can appear from anywhere, even from Alex' clothes or something, in fact he doesnt even have to appear, he can just send the alternate Alex back to the base world through the main Alex. Funny doesnt even have to leave the safety of an alternate world and can just drop other alex's near the main alex in hopes that eventually, the main alex will get close enough to activate the paradox.

Of course he ca do that, doesnt mean he would. While I think Funny definitely has a win condition, and one that he can pull off easy if he knows to do so, I dont think he'd resort to that right away. Which will likely be his downfall.

As far as the Jojo cano goes, I've only seen the inability to exist as two of the same person paradox statements once or twice in the manga, with the visual indications of paradox actually contradicting the possibility of it being existence erasure (Victims being split into Menger sponges, clouds of dust or whatever being left behind of their bodies, menger sponges of their flesh being split in the air, etc.). And I've recalled that EOH and the Jorge Joestar aren't canon to the main source materials such as the anime or manga, so those definitely gets excluded. Also, the word "annihilation" isn't any better than "obliteration" as that's just as vague of a word to use, especially without explicit statements proving that it involves subatomic particles or the ilk. So, unless there's actually explicit quotes or statements that proves that the paradox actually splits targets into subatomic particles, it shouldn't be assumed to do such in lieu of solid proof of such (and I'm pretty sure subatomic annihilation wouldn't take down characters such as Kakine Teitoku in his second key for Valentine's match against him, especially when he can regenerate from elementary particles). The default definition of "obliteration" and "annihilation" doesn't mean erase by the way, it just means completely destroy (which is also vague as "completely destroy" can be described in a variety of ways in the scale of destruction, with the visual indications of the source material of the canon Jojo manga being the only way to know about the description of the scale of destruction... Which doesn't even look like Existence Erasure or explicitly stated to be such, just the visuals of targets being split into Menger Sponges that are then scattered to the atmosphere).

Uh, being reduced to steam or vapour of some kind (with menger sponges still being present, which was clearly shown to be scattered through the air) wouldn't leave behind any physical evidence of the targets' body either... Because, you know, there are no solid pieces of them left as those remnants are now at who knows where in the atmosphere (either in gaseous or pulverised states of solid particles, as is shown in the manga with the Menger Sponges caused by the Paradox). And I don't recall Diego ever giving Wekapipo's body a second glance when Wekapipo died, Diego just left and didn't bother to look back again from what I can recall. If anything, all the visual demonstration from the manga suggests that the "obliteration/annihilation" is more of the target being split into Menger Sponges, with the entire bodies eventually being split into menger sponges, that are then scattered into the air. That doesn't seem like something that Mercer can't recover from.

If the alternate version is vastly weaker (or even has no powers at all) than Mercer, than I'm pretty sure it's likely that Mercer would survive and regenerate whereas the vastly weaker (or powerless) versions of him wouldn't due to likely not having the same level of regenerative abilities as him due to being substantially inferior. I'm pretty sure Mercer would survive either way due to his regenerative abilities.

Even if Thermal Vision doesn't help Mercer, he still has a few other ways to prepare for Valentine surprise attacking him again. In fact, I doubt Valentine would be able to sense which of the random civilians/citizens Mercer has absorbed and shapeshifted into (which I'm sure he would do. Disguising himself as one of the targets he absorbed is literally a main thing he does in the entirety of Prototype 1, especially to screw with his enemies or surprise attacking them) once he returns to the same dimension. Even Blackwatch, who has an extra 60 years to prepare against infected and viral beings like Mercer (along with having prior knowledge of Mercer's Shapeshifting abilities and setting up countermeasures in an attempt to detect him such as through Viral Detectors), completely failed on knowing who he can be disguised as... To the point that they became paranoid because of it and would gun down anyone accused of being him in disguise even if it's not the case (Hence the Patsy mechanic exists in the Prototype 1 gameplay). If even an entire military-like organisation (who has prior knowledge of his abilities, the resources to fight back against him, and the time they have prepared to combat against viral beings like him in the past) can't tell if Mercer is around then in disguise, then I doubt Valentine would fare any better (and I doubt dimensional travel can give any special way for Valentine to know about who Mercer is currently disguised as). Valentine would not be the only one to have the element of surprise... Mercer would as well, and a very fatal one at that.

I still have my doubts on Valentine having a solid win condition outside of BFRing the Mercer in this match into an another dimension (which I've already made my points about why it is so, especially by physically forcing Mercer into a circumstance of achieving such a win condition).

You do realize annihilation is an actual word right? Like, with an actual meaning? It isnt some vague term. In fact we even use that word on this very wiki to mean exactly that (at least ive seen as such in a few calcs, I think one was warhamemer). It is quite literally referred to as annihilation in every single scene outside of it's initial debut (and even in that debut). Obliteration is also a synonym for annihilation although it can be a tad more vague, especially if used by a hyperbolic character, the fact the after obliterate is used once then is swiftly replaced with annihilation goes to show that it means exactly what it should and it's used by every character, including the narrator and wog, Every single time, it clearly isnt just some hyperbolic term to be used for no reason, it's consistent, and fits with exactly what the narrative is trying to convey in fact it goes beyond that and has it be used every time. Igoring the fact Funny even says that no person can exist as two in the same dimension, and the merger effect effects anything' even the resulting merger sponges, ad infinitum, as long as the sponges are within range of each other. I have no idea what youre talking about if you have isue with another thread take that elsewhere because I dont even know who that character is.

That's straight up false, there wasnt any merger sponges left, the sponges kept being reduced in the size, by the end of it. There's nothing, not even dust or steam, Diego actually does go back and check immediatly, there is literally no visible trace left of Wekapipo, he even touches the flag where the merger sponges and steam was a page or two later, nothing was left, no sponges, no crumbs, no blood, no dust, no steam. Not to mention we get several shots of the area before Diego takes off, including a wide shot and once again there's nothing. Wekapipo was straight up gone, with nothing to tell he was even there at one point. Alex aint surviving that, even with his regen.

If the alternate version is vastly weaker doesnt matter, all that matters is that an alternate alex or a normal alex meets, even if the main alex can pop the other alex like a balloon doesnt matter, as long as the alexs are within range, they'll be paradoxed. The main Alex's Regenerationn only allows him to survive from near vaporization anyway, which is, even with direct visual evidence, is below what's needed for D4C's (canon) paradox, given not even the steam/dust remained or even any blood after Wekapipo was paradoxed.

Valentine doesnt have to sense, he can just, magically reappear from Alex himself, taking the need to find him, or simply carry around or drop a alex and have the rest play out. Alex being disguised wont stop the paradox from taking effect or stop Funn from circumventing the disguise by cheating essentially and appear from the disguised Alex himself (or dropping the other alex into the base world through the disguised Alex, circumventing everythng altogether). The dimensional Travel wouldnt allow Funny to know who it is, but he ca use it to appear from him via a gateway of sorts through a alternate world even if he doesnt know where Alex is. (Also I dont think that really matters, Funny has shown the ability to travel to multiple dimensions and gather dupes within seconds, somehow, despite it being seemingly impossible). Mercer's element of surprise doesnt really matter, given Funny doesnt actually have to leave the safety of another dimension, he can just drop analternate alex without actually tranversing the dimensions himself, as he's shown the ability to do exactly that at least twice.

Given OP has suggested that Funny may have prior information on Alex, I'm going to assume Funny nows what he's capable of and shouldnt **** around and play his cards right. That being piss off, dont enter range, and try and paradox from a safe distance if even the same dimension.

Yes, and the default definition of "annihilation" refers to "completely destroy". It's what most definitions of it I've found says, and even google says it. Literally the only other definition I've found of annihilation is the physics definition, and the visuals I've seen from the Jojo manga in regards to the Paradox effect contradicts that (The physics definition of annihilation is the conversion of matter into energy, such as the mutual conversion of a particle and an antiparticle into electromagnetic radiation like light... I don't see any light flashes or anything during or after the Paradox takes effect to show that the conversion of particles that produces electromagnetic radiation taking place, and I don't recall any mentions of subatomic/elementary particles being produced from the process either). Unless there's an explicit quote/statement saying that the targets gets reduced into subatomic particles or gets erased, or a explicit imagery of atoms splitting into subatomic particles (or the target disappearing rather than being scattered away as menger sponges of themselves), I doubt we would make any progress here in the semantics of the words "obliteration" or "annihilation" without further solid proof.

Corpse Menger Sponges
In fact, this scan of Wakapipo dying literally shows menger sponges (with clouds of dust or whatever) being scattered into the air, it didn't even split any further after that. I've even re-checked the scenes of Diego being affected by the Paradox, the alternate Diego being killed via being paradoxed by his other self's severed head, and all the other paradox scenes I can find and none of it actually shows the menger sponges being continuously reduced in size to the point of nothingness. All it just shows the targets being split into menger sponges, with eventually their entire bodies being split into small menger sponges, and the menger sponges getting scattered away (I've even re-checked for when Diego went back and touched the flag after Wakapipo's death, and the scene didn't even show the full angle of the flag for some reason). For all we know, the wind likely would've blown all the traces away into the atmosphere. Weather is a natural phenomenon, and it can do that after all (or it can just be an another Jojo bizarreness that doesn't make sense from a realistic standpoint).

If Mercer's profile puts his Regenerationn as Mid-High, and have his Regenerationn come from vapourisation, then I don't see why Mercer can't survive with all the visual evidences we see from targets just being split into scattered Menger Sponges.

And where are the scans that shows or states that Valentine can appear from anywhere without needing to know where his targets are and his dimensional hopping having aimbot levels of accuracy? From what I can see, most (if not all) of Valentine's enemies where Valentine appeared around them was when he was already fighting them (thus already knowing where they are). I don't recall Valentine ever having aimbot dimension hopping that makes him automatically appearing next to targets without needing to know their location.

Like I said, Funny shouldn't even know who Mercer is disguising as once he re-enters the same dimension Mercer is in. If an entire military-like organisation with decades of preperation like Blackwatch couldn't do it, then I doubt Valentine could either, and I don't recall Valentine having aimbot dimensional travel. Though I'm pretty sure as soon as the match starts, Mercer would've already start unleashing homing tendrils to gore and/or absorb Valentine at a distance anyways (so Valentine would be hard-pressed to try to avoid that just by trying to take advantage of the environment or having to use his flag every time).

Wait, before I even begin to respond to most of that did you seriously not bother to read a few pages further? You say that you checked but it didnt show the full angle? It showed exactly where Wekapipo's remains where, quite literally, it showed the entirety of where the dust was and Dio touched it, saying it didnt show the full angle is a lie, because it showed the only place the remains where, the remains werent anywhere else on the flag, they were on the blue part and that's exactly what it showed. Here's the scan, now crosscheck with the page you posted, literally only shows the relevant part of the flag, nothing is there. Actually, this sca, says destroyed and annihilated, which kinda directly implies that in context, destroyed=/=annihilated and are two different things, thus saying that annihilated is being used in place of simply destroying something isnt inherently false (not to mention even going by your definition, it means to completely destroy). Not that it would matter because Alex cant regenerate from being completely reduced to vapor,or even bits of dust, checking the prototype ending there was clearly visible bits of gore left, (10:17) some meaty strands that took over a crow.

>it blew away.

So you're trying to tell me that everything blew away, to the point not even the dust remained and vapor remained, all within one page? Opposed to it simply adhearing what it's literally said to do, numerous times? Occam's Razer exists for a very good reason, especially in circumstances like these.

Diego literally checks two pages later, nothing is there. Nothing is on the flag, not even the dust. It's gone, completely, the next page we see a zoom out of the area and we see nothing in the wind. Coupled that with no less than a dozen or some times it's outright stated to be annihilatio (and the profile even makes note of it being complete destruction of a target), quite literally, every single time, not even bothering to call it something else but 100% always annihilation, it's pretty clear that it is, without a doubt, absolute destruction of a target. Ill probably respond to the rest of that come morning.

I did. It didn't show the full angle of the flag, it only showed the blue parts of the flag (with stars on it. And it didn't even show all the blue and starry parts of the flag, as evidenced by the fact that I couldn't see the top left corner of the flag and only saw a section of the flag that included the top right corner of the flag as the scene has showed... And Diego's hand was very close to the top right corner of the flag, and I doubt a hand would be enough to cover the entire top part of the flag. In fact, there was already a scene that showcases that Diego was posing while touching that one corner of the flag, and it was shown that the flag was so large that it even didn't even show Wakapipo being paradoxed in the further blue parts of the flag until the next page... So I doubt the angle for when Diego touched the flag again after checking for Valentine's corpse would have enough angle to show exactly where Wakapipo was anyways), so it didn't even seem to show enough of an angle to showcase the supposed complete absence of Wakapipo's presence and remains (as it didn't even show even the full blue parts of the flag. For all we know, evidence of Wakapipo's previous presence is likely outside the angle of that scene). Though Wakapipo's death and his body being paradoxed occurred when he was still standing on the blue parts of the flag, so I'll give it that.

As for your "destroyed=/=annihilated" point... The Problem is, "destroyed" and "annihilated" is too synonymous to each other, and the visuals of the paradox doesn't even suggest that it's referring to the physics definition of annihilation. And like I said, "completely destroy" can mean a variety of things in regards to the scale of destruction (stuff can be reduced to ashes that gets scattered away and it could still be called "completely destroyed"). The words "annihilate" can just be used to emphasise the impact of the word "destroyed" for all we know. As far as the context of Jojo's Bizarre Adventure goes, the targets just being split into menger sponges and have the sponges being scattered throughout the air doesn't exactly contradict the context of Jojo either, especially in regards to the meaning of "completely destroy".

As for Mercer's Regenerationn, there are literally CRTs about Mercer's Regenerationn in the past that put his Regenerationn into the "Mid-High" rating and the justifications for it. Also there's a time skip between the scene for when the nuclear blast encompassed him (incinerating him from the inside and out) in the helicopter and when we see that puddle of him for when that puddle appeared, and he was in an ocean very far away from Manhattan at that when the scene skipped to when he was washed ashore (so I doubt there would even be visible remains of ashes around when they all would get washed away by the ocean's waves, along with the vapours scattering away from the time spent regenerating as Mercer's biomass is gradually being washed to the shore). You can check the CRTs for Mercer's Regenerationn rating if you want to know the full explanations and justifications, but if you plan to make to downgrade Mercer's Regenerationn rating, I'll doubt you'll get very far (there has already been a CRT made to downgrade Mercer's regenerating from Mid-High to Low-High in the past, and the conclusion was that the majority agreed with his Regenerationn remaining as Mid-High anyways. There was also a Q&A thread made to address Mercer's Regenerationn, though it didn't really get anywhere as the OP of that thread made too many assumptions more than necessary in regards to how Mercer should regenerate), but eh.

I mean, if there's wind around (especially a strong one), it's not like it's impossible for all the dust and vapour to get moved to the point that we can't see it at the angle of that scene for when Diego touched the flag. The menger sponges (and dust) were even travelling upwards in the air from the scenes I've seen, so it's not like they would all just stick to the flag from what I can see of the visuals, so Occam's Razer can also suggest that it was travelling upwards in the air and got scattered away (especially outside the angle of the scene of the manga).

It didn't even show the full angle of the flag during the moment when Diego touched that flag. All I see is Diego attempting to look for Valentine's corpse and it didn't even have Diego mention anything about Wakapipo's corpse (he was not even trying to look around for Wakapipo's corpse, he was looking for Valentine's corpse, which was evidenced by the fact that he managed to conclude that Valentine can switch with an another healthier Valentine). The areas that was zoomed out in the scenes didn't even focus on the flag, and it hardly focused on the exact area that the flag was in outside of the one page right before Diego touched the flag (and it didn't even show enough of an angle to reveal the more than a section of the blue parts of the flag or the space around the flag), so I don't think it even properly shows the supposed absence of the remnants of Wakapipo's remains (based on what I can see, only the menger cubes got scattered away somewhere). I still have my doubts on it being the same physics definition of annihilation (or being reduced to subatomic particles) as "complete destruction" could a variety of types of destruction (with some of them having much less precise scale of destruction than atomization or subatomic destruction such as being reduced to ashes/dusts and such. It makes a bit more sense than Valentine's Existence Erasure paradox at least), but eh, I'll wait for your response then.

Bumping, I was busy, I'll try to write something up in a bit, albeit one topic at a time.

Back