• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Garou vs Alex Mercer

XSOULOFCINDERX

They/Them
This is probably a terrible idea but this is 4-A Cosmic Garou vs End of Prototype 2 Mercer, Speed Equalized, Mercer gets Force Multipliers and is bloodlusted while both have Prior Knowledge on each other and start within 10 feet of each other.

Garou :

Alex Mercer :

Incon:

I heard Alex's regen is based on cellular, which Garou could potentially disable it using radiation

not only that but the Blacklight virus won't be living for long, because obvious

I heard Alex's regen is based on cellular, which Garou could potentially disable it using radiation

not only that but the Blacklight virus won't be living for long, because obvious
His Combat Applicable Regen is Low-High but his full Regen is Mid-High.

hmmmmmm, i heard Radiation can neg celullar regen? if not then does blacklight virus can eat Garou level radiation?
It's not Cellular Level, it's superior since he was completely incinerated and slowly came back. As for the radiation, more than likely not but I'm not sure how Radiation like that effects something with Regen on Mercer's level.

It's not Cellular Level, it's superior since he was completely incinerated and slowly came back. As for the radiation, more than likely not but I'm not sure how Radiation like that effects something with Regen on Mercer's level.
i mean not get mrked by radiation is cool and all but Mercer have no way harming Garou other than blacklight virus

i mean not get mrked by radiation is cool and all but Mercer have no way harming Garou other than blacklight virus
Yeah, which he can do by touching him or even just getting him to breathe in his gas which Garou has no resistance to whatsoever.

How fast is the virus?
I haven't played this shit since it came out so I forget the incubation period and stuff

Garou controls his subatomic particles and makes them kungfu each virus particle individually.
But being serious now. Didn't Alex survive getting nuked? That might let him survive the passive radiation

Garou controls his subatomic particles and makes them kungfu each virus particle individually.
But being serious now. Didn't Alex survive getting nuked? That might let him survive the passive radiation
Mid to edge of the blast, nuke's underwater, and he almost died (Still impressive). He was regenerating after washing ashore. But Garou won't likely give him any time to recover after he nukes him.

If it takes only a second for the virus to incap a target, and that shit can become airborne.

The question to that is, would Garou, in character, attack the instant the match starts against some he doesn't know is a huge threat? I don't think he would, even twisted by God, he likes to showboat a bit to get across his unbiased evil, not everyone is Saitama.
But we also have to ask, if the airborne pathogen even a lead for Alex as well? Because that's his wincondition, if he goes in to physically attack, aka, instigate Garou, he's getting obliterated because Garou might not attack immediately, he's not dumb enough to not attack if his foe tries anything funny.

If Alex leads with that, he very well could bullshit a win, anything else is likely a loss tho.

Bruh, I was planning to make an another big hax CRT upgrade threat for Alex Mercer, and then you went put Alex against an another character from an another popular franchise with an AP range absurdly greater than his. :L

Anyways, Radiation aren't doing anything against Alex Mercer's Mid-High regeneration when given enough time - Radioactivity in this site is assumed to only defeat characters of up to Low-High Regeneration via inducing Cancer into them if their Regeneration is biological (but if their regeneration is non-biological, such as their Regeneration being fueled by Magic for example, then it's possible that even non-biological Low-Mid Regeneration would overcome the cancer and thus overcome the harmful radioactive effects), and Alex Mercer's Regeneration is Mid-High overall.

That's assuming cancer would even work on Alex Mercer in this first place - and I'm pretty sure it won't, considering actual Cancer is based on one's own cells becoming "abnormal" and growing uncontrollably... And Alex Mercer doesn't even have cells, his entire body is canonically comprised of nothing but viruses (specifically, the Blacklight Virus), and I'm pretty sure retroviruses and many other viruses don't have cells.

If it takes only a second for the virus to incap a target, and that shit can become airborne.

The question to that is, would Garou, in character, attack the instant the match starts against some he doesn't know is a huge threat? I don't think he would, even twisted by God, he likes to showboat a bit to get across his unbiased evil, not everyone is Saitama.
But we also have to ask, if the airborne pathogen even a lead for Alex as well? Because that's his wincondition, if he goes in to physically attack, aka, instigate Garou, he's getting obliterated because Garou might not attack immediately, he's not dumb enough to not attack if his foe tries anything funny.

If Alex leads with that, he very well could bullshit a win, anything else is likely a loss tho.
[Prototype 2] Alex Mercer leads with infection attacks (including his viral gasses) against everyone around if he's in an environment populated by people - his entire goal is infecting Humanity by [Prototype 2], and he has shown in a cutscene that he would be willing to infect even a random civilian sleeping on a bench within the vicinity of his gasses as long as he can start on his goal of infecting humanity, so isn't picky on who he should infect.

So yes, Prototype 2 Alex Mercer is definitely leading with his gas attack (which is the airborne infection attack) - that's basically his starting move if he's not inhibited by PIS.

I mean, 1 second for characters that are moving at MFTL+ speeds is a lot of time, Garou just annihilates him with a GRB or Nuclear Fission Spam and he leads with those two in this key.

Also OP has mentioned that both have prior knowledge of each other so Garou is definitely starting with a killer move, no boasting.

I mean, 1 second for characters that are moving at MFTL+ speeds is a lot of time, Garou just annihilates him with a GRB or Nuclear Fission Spam and he leads with those two in this key.
Via Versus Thread Rules, speed equalisation equalises the faster character's speed to the slower character's speed. That means Gerou's speed will be reduced to Alex Mercer's Subsonic Travel speed and Hypersonic/Hypersonic+ combat speed... Which means there's none of that weird temporal perspective effects occurring from light speed or faster than light speeds, so no MFTL+ arguments here.

So 1 second will matter much more now that Garou is reduced to Mercer's own speed.

Also, Garou doesn't lead with those two attacks against characters far below his own AP or abilities directly (we've only seen use it against Blast, the guy who made a threat of BFRing Garou to another dimension... And nobody else besides Saitama and Blast. We didn't see him use such attacks against Genos for example, who Garou simply resorted to fisticuffs), we've only seen him use those against opponents of similar levels of hax abilities such as Blast (with his Space-Time Manipulation) or similar AP as him such as Saitama (and he was pushed into a corner to perform such techniques against Saitama, who's own growth in physical statistics was outpacing Garou's). Just saying.

Last edited:
Pretty sure "1 second" means "1 second in gameplay" anyways, so it'd be fast no matter what speed they're going

High enough levels of radiation won't kill you by cancer or tumors, they will legit cause enough cellular damage to put someone into a coma like Elephant's foot in chernobyl.

Garou's passive radiation was killing fish through water, incapping superhuman heroes including zombieman from tens of meters and Blast stated that if Silverfang came within melee range from him he would die instantly. (While the virus survived a nuke it was apparently far from the blast's epicenter? Not sure how much radiation that would be.)

Nuclear fission fist would be getring hit by a nuke, but much closer wich is higher than his passive radiation and GRB is on such an absurd level it would shave the atoms of someone's body away. Specially since he creates a black hole before using it wich spawns from himself, shielding himself from viruses.

Obviously it's either a who attacks first,Alex with virus gas and Garou with nuclear fission or GRB. Or a stomp if the blacklight virus can't survive the passive radiation. Does the airbone virus need some kind of entrance or can it penetrate skin or whatever cosmic shell Garou has in his body?

Gonna be honest. Giving Alex's powers to Garou is the worst outcome for Alex. Since I'm wondering if it's possible for him to adapt to it too.

Also yeah prior knowledge hurts a lot and in the long term I see Garou spamming AOE to be more effective.

High enough levels of radiation won't kill you by cancer or tumors, they will legit cause enough cellular damage to put someone into a coma like Elephant's foot in chernobyl.

Garou's passive radiation was killing fish through water, incapping superhuman heroes including zombieman from tens of meters and Blast stated that if Silverfang came within melee range from him he would die instantly. (While the virus survived a nuke it was apparently far from the blast's epicenter? Not sure how much radiation that would be.)

Nuclear fission fist would be getring hit by a nuke, but much closer wich is higher than his passive radiation and GRB is on such an absurd level it would shave the atoms of someone's body away. Specially since he creates a black hole before using it wich spawns from himself, shielding himself from viruses.

Obviously it's either a who attacks first,Alex with virus gas and Garou with nuclear fission or GRB. Or a stomp if the blacklight virus can't survive the passive radiation. Does the airbone virus need some kind of entrance or can it penetrate skin or whatever cosmic shell Garou has in his body?
And Alex Mercer doesn’t really have cells, he’s made of nothing but viruses, so causing cellular damage doesn’t mean that much against him. Plus, he has already dealt with the effects of anti-viruses such as Bloodtox just fine (which not only destroys Blacklight Viruses, but also causes necrosis in Infected tissue if what I’m reading from Alex Mercer’s profile is correct). His feat of being unaffected by the nuclear explosion’s radiation is just the icing on the cake, but that doesn’t matter much either way as… Well, he doesn’t really have cells in the first place.

All of the passive radiation killing fishes, heroes and such are all from killing multicellular organisms, and Zombieman has far inferior regenerative capabilities to Alex Mercer’s if we were to compare their Regeneration feats - I doubt Garou’s passive radiation has feats of killing beings that aren’t made from cells; though even if he does, I have yet seen any feats where his passive radiation has dealt with Mid-High Regeneration.

Even in the worst place scenario in assuming that Alex Mercer is somehow affected by radiation, Radiation in this site is assumed to only ever deal with biological Regeneration of up to Low-High - and Alex Mercer has Mid-High overall regeneration (his Regeneration being listed as Low-High in his profile is due to his regenerative speed varying based on the reserves of excess biomass he has, with having little to no excessive biomass reserves resulting in him regeneration very slowly similarly in a Low-High manner but still healing, but his regenerative extent is still Mid-High even with little to no excess reserves of biomass), so it’s nothing that Alex Mercer can’t eventually regenerate from.

And as, for whether the virus needs some kind of entrance - this very same virus from the gasses was capable of bypassing the air filters of gas masks, and has shown to even get someone sick and vomiting out blood while they’re in Hazmat suits… It can basically even infect someone in. Hazmat. Suits.

So I doubt the Blacklight Virus from the gasses would do much worse in bypassing Garou’s shell on his body, especially when it seems to be implied to made of physical materials when even characters far weaker than him was able to physically interact with him (so he’s definitely not intangible or incorporeal in his 4-A key either), when even materials built to shield contaminants failed to hold up against the Blacklight Virus.

Also, while Garou would need to use GRB to constantly punch all around him to shield himself from the Blacklight Virus and that he’s better off at using his portals to escape it, the prior knowledge definitely makes it too difficult on Alex Mercer and would make this be nothing more than a mismatch as long as Garou has prior knowledge.

Gonna be honest. Giving Alex's powers to Garou is the worst outcome for Alex. Since I'm wondering if it's possible for him to adapt to it too.

Also yeah prior knowledge hurts a lot and in the long term I see Garou spamming AOE to be more effective.
Hello Ciruno Fortes, it’s been a long time since our last debate hasn’t it? ^_^

Also, no, Garou would not be getting any Blacklight Virus powers - Garou’s Power Mimicry has only ever been shown to copy martial arts and physical statistics, along with allowing him to understand and manipulate the flow of energy (in which Alex Mercer’s abilities doesn’t involve any type of energy at all); he has never been shown to copy supernatural abilities outside of martial arts such as Esper powers for example, and he especially hasn’t shown to copy physiology-based abilities from others either (we don’t see him generate electricity bodily via mimicking an electric eel’s physiology for example) and Alex Mercer’s entire skill sets is derived from the Blacklight Viruses comprising his body and him embodying those viruses (with those viruses being the sole reason he has superhuman powers and abilities in the first place) - so as long as Garou lacks feats of mimicking physiology-based abilities, he would be unable to mimic Alex Mercer’s abilities via lack of feats alone.

Plus, Garou’s one feat of adaptation with Reactive Evolution to gain resistance was against Gyoro Gyoro’s psychic abilities and… That’s about it. Aside from that one instance, just about all other instances of Garou’s Reactive Evolution was all about gaining greater physical parameters, getting better at using martial arts, and basically anything else that isn’t gaining resistance to abilities. After all, despite gaining the power boost from God, Garou hasn’t shown that he can adapt to Blast’s ability of Space-Time Manipulation for example.

Either way, Garou’s one feat of adapting to abilities was against Psychic Powers (which are inherently energy-based in origin), he doesn’t have enough feats of adapting resistances to suggest that he can deal with superhuman biological contaminants that can rewrite his entire molecules from what I can see (especially since there isn’t enough feats to showcase how Garou’s Reactive Evolution would fare against abilities of non-energy based origin in terms of developing resistances).

However, I do agree that Garou’s Prior knowledge makes this too unfair against Alex Mercer. While Alex Mercer may have been granted access to Force Multipliers in this matchup for some reason, allowing him to fly out of the way of some of the attacks, Garou can create portals to attempt to BFR Alex Mercer to great distances away… Especially with the prior knowledge granting Garou information about Alex Mercer being basically too dangerous to risk fighting at close-range and would have to resort to use portals to BFR him away.

So, as long Garou has prior knowledge, this would become a mismatch - I would’ve argued that Garou would’ve been too boastful to use his winning condition moves against Alex Mercer at the beginning if Garou has no prior knowledge for this matchup… But he does in this matchup, so there’s basically little to no room of this matchup becoming anything more than a stomp now that Garou doesn’t have ignorance holding him back and basically resorting to BFR straight away because of it.

Last edited:
No knowledge Alex wins via funny gas if he actually leads with that, assuming Alex doesn't give Garou reason to attack him right away, which he wouldn't if he's leading with airborne pathogen.

With knowledge though, that's a good point, if Garou knows Alex is leaking out a pathogen that kills in a moment basically and he isn't immune to it, Garou just attacks immediately with a giant **** off beam like a decillion times above Alex while protecting himself.

Also, no, Garou would not be getting any Blacklight Virus powers - Garou’s mimicry has only ever been shown to copy martial arts and physical statistics, he has never been shown to copy supernatural abilities outside of martial arts such as Esper powers for example. And Garou’s one feat of adaptation with Reactive Evolution to gain resistance was against Gyoro Gyoro’s psychic abilities and… That’s about it. Aside from that one instance, just about all other instances of Garou’s Reactive Evolution was all about gaining greater physical parameters, getting better at using martial arts, and basically anything else that isn’t gaining resistance to abilities. After all, despite gaining the power boost from God, Garou hasn’t shown that he can adapt to Blast’s ability of Space-Time Manipulation for example.

Either way, Garou’s one feat of adapting to abilities was against Psychic Powers (which are inherently energy-based in origin), he doesn’t have enough feats of adapting resistances to suggest that he can deal with superhuman biological contaminants that can rewrite his entire molecules from what I can see (especially since there isn’t enough feats to showcase how Garou’s Reactive Evolution would fare against abilities of non-energy based origin in terms of developing resistances).
Half Monster Garou went from being burned by boiling water to tanking the heat of Rover Blasts and then resisting Orochi's fire beams that could melt rock, all of this in a very short amount of time.

As for Blast, with just a glance he copied his portal manipulation and escaped from his sealing and while he couldn't execute it he still managed to teach Saitama a technique to travel back in time.

I dunno for me without prior knowledge Garou gets stomped but with prior knowledge he stomps

No knowledge Alex wins via funny gas if he actually leads with that, assuming Alex doesn't give Garou reason to attack him right away, which he wouldn't if he's leading with airborne pathogen.

With knowledge though, that's a good point, if Garou knows Alex is leaking out a pathogen that kills in a moment basically and he isn't immune to it, Garou just attacks immediately with a giant **** off beam like a decillion times above Alex while protecting himself.
As I’ve mentioned, Prototype 2 Alex Mercer does lead with gasses as he cares about nothing but infecting everything he comes across - his greatest ambition in the Prototype 2 game was to infect all of Humanity after all, and he used gasses to do so in the like when he gassed Penn Station in Prototype 2, or when he used Whitelight gasses to infect a bunch of people.

And yes, I agree that, as long as Garou has prior knowledge, this matchup would become nothing more than a stomp since Garou now knows how dangerous the “red gasses” are (compared to characters without prior knowledge that would assume that it’s just smokescreen at best, unless they have powerful enough Information Analysis or Clairvoyance and such). This matchup just won’t give Alex Mercer any possibility to squeeze out a win as long as Garou has prior knowledge.

Last edited:
Back