• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fullmetal Alchemist Regenerationn revision

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damage3245 said:
There isn't enough evidence to suggest the stones are immune to conventional AP.

Aside from the fact that durability of the stone is irrelevant to the Regenerationn of the Homunculi? As long as the stone still has souls they'll regenerate.

Theglassman12 said:
Did he? I don't recall a scene of him telling the others about the stone.

He told the others about Homunculi what they are, Bradley himself also knew of the Stone and went for calculated attacks with the least amount of physical damage to burn through the Stone. Roy also later fights Envy and outright ignores going for the stone.

I would say that even though their Regenerationn is fuelled by the stones they are not purely regenerating themselves from a soul without physical form. So Low-Godly does not seem accurate.

>Roy also later fights Envy and outright ignores going for the stone.

It's fair to point out that he was bloodlusted, he wanted envy to suffer as much as possible

Damage3245 said:
I would say that even though their Regenerationn is fuelled by the stones they are not purely regenerating themselves from a soul without physical form. So Low-Godly does not seem accurate.

No Damage, that's lacking context. They regenerate from the souls in the Stone and from their own soul. Their Regenerationn isn't based on the stone, it's based on the stock pile of Souls.

I agree with Elizhaa, but do not know if Low-High or High-Mid would be better from memory.

Antvasima said:
I agree with Elizhaa, but do not know if Low-High or High-Mid would be better from memory.

Elizhaa is wrong in regards to High-Mid, they goes against what the stone is made of. I'd personally go for a mid ground by listing it as "At least low-High, possibly Low-Godly" since thats the part the majority agrees with.

CinCameron20 said:
I agree with Prince. The Regenerationn is based on the souls in the stone, not the literal stone itself. As long as there are souls, the stone will remain, and the body will continuously regenerate.

The stone ONLY vanishes once the pool of souls within it has been expended--hence why Lust could not regenerate forever and died before striking Mustang, and Envy was reduced to a miserable form on two occasions and left at a near-death state until absorbing more souls. Same applies to literally every other case of a Homunculus dying.

It's definitely Low-Godly, but requires an outside source via souls from other living things, therefore it's limited.
This is Low-Godly as it's based on the soul pool. You need to destroy the souls to stop it from regenerating, the definition of Low-Godly.

The stone is immaterial to the function of the Regenerationn. It's the well of souls that is responsible for the Regenerationn.

ChemistKyle89 said:
The stone is immaterial to the function of the Regenerationn. It's the well of souls that is responsible for the Regenerationn.
It still would not make the Regenerationn Low-Godly for the reason that Medeus just recently explained.

The Stone is quite literally an amalgamation of souls, it's the essence of various souls of humans and such. That seems like pretty evident Low-Godly regen, just limited in nature due to it's mechanics. Once again I'll offer option two to appease both sided and given that we've been arguing for the last 2 days it's best we find a middle ground and get this over with, especially since I have other FMA revisions that are frankly more important than this thread.

"At Least Low-High, Possibly Low-Godly" or we can scale Low-Godly to Father and Hohenheim given they regenerate differently as opposed to a normal Homunculi.

The Stone is nothing but a vessel, it's irrelevant when it comes to Homunculi regenerating. What they regenerate is from a stock pile of souls. Low-Godly for that reason should be enough, especially considering Dies Irae characters have it for the same exact reason. Relic's are physical but provide Low-Godly via regenerating from the souls inside it. For reference this is what it's like for the Homunculi, as they're souls themselves. that's what the stone looks like from the inside, again it's just a plethora of souls.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
Low Godly Regenerationn applies if absolutely no physical remains exist, the stones are a physical object even if just a piece of it.
Erasing the stone does nothing because it will regenerate due to the pool of souls. What you need to destroy are the souls to stop the Regenerationn, that is Low-Godly.

I am honestly conflicted about the issue. It is Low-Godly based on the fact that the Regenerationn comes from the souls no matter the state of the body, but it isn't in the fact that the Philosopher Stone could almost be called a part of them as it specifically revives them no matter what happens, and if something remains then it can't be low-godly no matter the mechanisms.

So... let me ask it this way. If you had reliant immortality that could regen you even from complete destruction of all your atoms, would that be Low Godly if it relied on something?

I think the main issue is two things. 1: Not being able to define if the Humonculi's Philosopher Stone counts as part of their body or not, and 2: The fact that the souls are being used as an energy source instead of the usual low godly where you can simply regen as long as your soul remains.

The second point is not that important, but the first one matters because, even if the source is your soul, if it hinges on a part of you still remaining, then the entirety of your physical form has indeed not been destroyed. And that makes things difficult if a stone has never been destroyed only to regenerate from that.

The Prince of Counters said:
especially considering Dies Irae characters have it for the same exact reason. Relic's are physical but provide Low-Godly via regenerating from the souls inside it.
You do know that those relics can de destroyed and this kills the user too? I believe it to be the same here, if the stone is destroyed they are done for

For reference, we also give Low-Godly to Liches on-site, explicitly for regenerating from their soul stored away in a phylactery, which itself can be destroyed.

There is on-site precedent for this to be Low-Godly, and it is for the precise same reason: object exists which contains souls which fuel Regenerationn of the body.

Arguing against this would be altering many profiles on the wiki, and each one would need everyone knowledged in the subject matter to discuss imho.

The argument that it's 'part of their body' isn't actually relevant, since by definition they are regenerating from souls and their body not existing wouldn't prevent said Regenerationn unless and until the Stone were also destroyed.

Contingent Regenerationn does not get lowered due to how you can circumvent it, it is defined by the process via which Regenerationn takes place.

This is soul-based regen. By definition it is Low-Godly. All argumentation to the contrary needs to alter the definition of Low-Godly to make it not fit, really, and alter the wiki's definitions further.

> Low-Godly: The ability to regenerate from the complete physical destruction of the user's body, instead restoring it from their disembodied consciousness, whether that be their soul, mind, some other nonphysical aspect of themself, esoteric or metaphysical energy, or something else.

If we consider the stones / their "phylactery" to be a part of their body, then they wouldn't have suffered a complete physical destruction and therefore wouldn't qualify for Low-Godly.

Liches with a phylacery should just have Type 8. Similar to Voldemort. And if Dies Irae characters cannot regenerate from a bare soul, no container, they shouldn't have Low-Godly.

Using other pages with the same justification will just get those pages downgraded too.

Alright Prom, so I suppose you'll be making downgrades threads for removing Low-Godly from the DI pages? I can't quite see that happening.

Anyway once I get off of work I'll reply to everything above.

I mean, if I knew the verse and knew that to be the case, I certainly would, but I don't.

Promestein said:
Dies Irae characters cannot regenerate from a bare soul, no container, they shouldn't have Low-Godly.
Shirou did it, he was a soul and made a body for himself out of nothing, by extension the other apostles can

Before I make my reply to the low-godly subject I think it's safe to give it to Hohenheim and Father, since they themselves are the stones and it isn't physical unlike the Homunculi who regenerate from an object. They also have vastly superior Regenerationn.

Didn't Father say that there was a Philosopher's Stone inside of him (which is why he stuck his fist into Hohenheim's body), not that Hohenheim's entire body was literally a Philosopher's Stone?

No, Hohenheim is literally the stone itself, Father absorbed some souls from Hohenheim which Hohenheim later used to destroy Father's Container. It's also why later he attempted to absorb Hohenheim's full being.

Hohenheim and Father are weird cases but I'd accept Low-Godly as a possibility for them.

Weird question maybe, since I'm just going off my memory of the manga, but did Hohenheim actually demonstrate any Regenerationn? I remember he was immortal and had insane durability since he tanked some of Father's attacks, but I don't remember him actually healing any damage he took.

Promestein said:
Hohenheim and Father are weird cases but I'd accept Low-Godly as a possibility for them.

Various reasons tbh, they werw created using a lot more souls than Homunculi so they got to see more of the Truth's Gate and Father's existence is just.... well complex to say the least, it's not really known on what he is exactly.

@Damage

A few times mostly durning his fight against Father, the other times Hohenheim didn't fight directly so he took zero damage from the others, he sealed Pride instantly so he wouldn't need to fight.

I can very much agree with at least Hohenheim and Father, as they themselves are the containers for their store of souls.

I do have some potential grievances with it, but can't talk about them much right now.

Pride at the very least as well.

We quite literally see a torrent of souls within him, explicitly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back