• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fullmetal Alchemist Regenerationn revision

Status
Not open for further replies.
We should stop derailing. We still have the revisions to carry out.

Simply gonna ignore THAT as to not derail the thread, and focus on the matter.

The Prince of Counters said:
Why in the world would Father have two pshycial bodies? That makes zero sense, as his Container would rupture from the inside if it was physical.
Have you ever heard of body control, yeah that is a thing. And you're making a lot of extreme assumptions there.

Greed's hand cleary went through Father, Father didn't change his shape as his body became dissipated by the attack.
Your own scan shows that Greed's hand did NOT go through Father's body. The black outline of Father's body isn't even touching Greed's arm, it is surrounding it. Again, body control.

even May's attack simply gets absorbed into his intangible body and fires it back.
Like I don't even know how someone can misinterpret that. Her kunai clearly hits Father's head and gets stuck there for a long time. They even have a whole conversation during the time when Father slowly pulls it inside his body and projects it out again.

To add to AKM's points, isn't the fact that he absorbs and shoots back the kunai that clearly hit his head prove that he isn't intangible? That's like saying water isn't tangible because objects sink into it.

Father is not intangible and doesn't have Low-Godly.

Two observations:

Father crafted a body that looked like Hohenheim to wear kinda like a suit. Meanwhile, his real body has always been a shadowy mass since his time as the Dwarf in the Flask. He can clearly interact with physical objects, which would just imply Body Control. The real question is...is there any proof that he can actually act like an intangible shadow? We know he didn't have intangibility as the Dwarf in the Flask because he couldn't get out of the flask, implying his shadow form does have physical mass. I don't know enough to say for certain if that's been proven different once he gained a bunch of soul power or not though.

Secondly, the Law of Equivalent Exchange holds certain. That's the same as the Law of Conservation of Mass and Energy. In this case, the stones are transmuting the Energy of the human soul to create Mass. They definitvely don't circumvent that. They only appear to break the Law of Equivalent Exchange to those who don't know what the stones are and what the source of their power is.

This really has become a bunch of Staff just FRA'ing each other it feels like.

Prince, regardless of his outburst, has an exorbitant amount of objective feats to support his point. A Philospher's Stone is not a part of the Homunculi's actual body, Edward turned himself into a Stone and became a part of a torrent of souls directly inside Pride's body for example. Lust saying it's her 'heart', and heart being in quotations, this statement being used to claim it's a part of their biological form is really just missing the blatant fact that they aren't.

Retcon, true Stone form, call it what you will, but that's the most explicit instance I can think of that supports his point, is Edward becoming a stone and entering a torrent of souls as a result.

Limited Low-Godly is still Low-Godly. The fact it's tied to a number counter (# of souls remaining) doesn't change the base fact of what it is.

Cin also was somehow just outright ignored, for the record.

Father and Hohenheim have no true form and regenerate from souls. Pride does as well. Lust, Envy, Greed, they all regen from vaporization so at the very least CinCameron is objectively right on his assessment.

I highly encourage people to actually read the evidence present here because this has become absurdly ridiculous.

I still don't agree with Prince's points, Low-High should be fine. I've read through this and I do have a bigger opinion on it, but I don't want us to spend more time on this then necessary.

"Lust saying it's her 'heart', and heart being in quotations, this statement being used to claim it's a part of their biological form is really just missing the blatant fact that they aren't. "

That's not the reason at all. The fact that the stone always resides in the bodies of Lust, Envy etc and is directly linked to them, makes it a special part of their bodies. Pride is a different case.

"Limited Low-Godly is still Low-Godly. The fact it's tied to a number counter (# of souls remaining) doesn't change the base fact of what it is. "

The problem is you focusing on the single aspect of low-godly which is about regenerating from the soul while ignoring everything else low-godly is about. And I've pointed out many times now that low-godly gives a false idea about their Regenerationn. Them having no feats to show for such a high level of regen doesn't help either.

"Lust, Envy, Greed, they all regen from vaporization"

As far as I'm aware, there is no single scan that says Lust's entire body was vaporized.

I was going to write a long post but AKM's recent points already encapsulate what I would have written.The vaporization evidences doesn't look solid enough, to me; if you want to read more of my arguments against it, it should be above.

Since there are no more arguments, I will make the changes later today or tomorrow.

The changes were made; if they are fine, the thread can be closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back