• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

From Moonrise to Moonset Quarterfinals, Match 1: Byleth vs Knight Leader

While KL will get knowledge about her time powers and other things.
Difference is, he doesn’t have multiple tries to be able to utilize it as effectively as Byleth can. Knowing that Byleth can rewind time is useless if she already knows every action he will take.
Isn't the dodge-hit rate pretty much the same thing as speed but in video game terms? Like, dodging and hit is entirely related to how fast you are.
It's a separate statistic/amp that is independent from speed.
? If it's related to combat skill then it isn't guaranteed to always work, much less against blitz amps and ranged attacks.
By skill, I mean passive ability.
Okay but why? She will magically restrain him or something?
Not magic, it just prevents him from attacking Byleth back. It's just how it works. It applies to any attack, and considering the amount of attacks Byleth can throw at once, whether it be through magic or fists, or with her sword if for whatever reason he doesn't null her sword or switches targets, it's going to activate quite a few times.
247 = Mjolnir < Gabriel's attacks < Curtana Shards <<< Gabriel's dura < Yuisen <<< KL without Hrunting < KL with Hrunting = Acqua with Ascalon <<< Pattern Magic Amps
Keep in mind we are talking mainly about swords here and we have 2 cases of blocking a sword completely unscathed with their bare hands (Gabriel and KL) when swords are able to cut someone even while being slightly weaker, due to surface area things.
The AP gap is closer than I originally thought. Though not only does Byleth greatly upscale from the Weakened Immaculate One's 409/818 feat, it's worth mentioning that she fused with a being who was able to survive a bombardment of those same attacks.
He can do both things? Like, Byleth isn't in one shot range at all and KL isn't stupid, if he notes there are too many types of attacks coming then he can switch to avoid, hit and run rather than a null and block tactic, he has no reason to spam something when he knows it will not be effective.
Byleth will immediately take note of what he is doing, and he will become very predictable to Byleth. She will know exactly where and when he will strike if he resorts to hit and run tactics thanks to Divine Pulse. She is more than capable of blocking/dodging surprise attacks, even without Divine Pulse, so it will become borderline useless with it.
If he can't then her weapons will be nulled for the whole 10 minutes the spell lasts and all he will have to do is dodge or block the spells.
Easier said than done when you have attacks appearing from all directions, and spells that literally appear on him like Nosferatu or Aura, which creates a massive pillar of light on him. Not to mention her on-demand healing, (which doesn't have a limit on how many times she can use it) which can heal up to Low-Mid damage, something that KL lacks in terms of survivability. If he takes damage, he is staying damaged. Byleth also becomes stronger as she becomes injured, and also gains access to Vantage.
Lifesteal is the only one here that seems a strong move, does Byleth use it in character and is it a first move? How much life from the target does it steal?
She is just as likely to use it as any other spell. It’s hard to put it into non-gameplay terms since HP is a game mechanic, but it restores half the damage it deals, which can be further boosted with her Crest.
Also, how fast were these two compared to Byleth? We are talking of blitz level amps for KL.
I'd say both are at a similar level of speed. Though unless KL uses his Movement Speed for anything other than, well, movement speed, I'd hardly say that it matters, because he will revert to his normal speed if he switches patterns to attack her. She has reacted to, and dodged sneak attacks from closer distances. Not to mention, again, her Divine Pulse charges, so she will know exactly where and when KL will appear if he uses Movement Speed.

Difference is, he doesn’t have multiple tries to be able to utilize it as effectively as Byleth can. Knowing that Byleth can rewind time is useless if she already knows every action he will take.
Okay, but that's game mechanics, you still have to give any proof that they are different from speed and would give her any advantage against faster opponents (outside of game mechanics obviously).

By skill, I mean passive ability.
Okay, you still haven't explained what it is in practice.
Not magic, it just prevents him from attacking Byleth back. It's just how it works. It applies to any attack, and considering the amount of attacks Byleth can throw at once, whether it be through magic or fists, or with her sword if for whatever reason he doesn't null her sword or switches targets, it's going to activate quite a few times.
Wtf? We don't go by "that's how it works" here, you either give a proper explanation of how her powers work or you don't use it in threads if there is no explanation.

Byleth will immediately take note of what he is doing, and he will become very predictable to Byleth. She will know exactly where and when he will strike if he resorts to hit and run tactics thanks to Divine Pulse. She is more than capable of blocking/dodging surprise attacks, even without Divine Pulse, so it will become borderline useless with it.
What is Divine Pulse? And why does it make his strategies useless? Just because she knows what he can do doesn't mean she can stop it from happening, namely the power null and the amps.

Also, if she resets the battle or not doesn't change anything, she already has a lot of knowledge about him and when she resets he will tale different actions.
Easier said than done when you have attacks appearing from all directions, and spells that literally appear on him like Nosferatu or Aura, which creates a massive pillar of light on him. Not to mention her on-demand healing, (which doesn't have a limit on how many times she can use it) which can heal up to Low-Mid damage, something that KL lacks in terms of survivability. If he takes damage, he is staying damaged. Byleth also becomes stronger as she becomes injured, and also gains access to Vantage.

She is just as likely to use it as any other spell. It’s hard to put it into non-gameplay terms since HP is a game mechanic, but it restores half the damage it deals, which can be further boosted with her Crest.

I'd say both are at a similar level of speed. Though unless KL uses his Movement Speed for anything other than, well, movement speed, I'd hardly say that it matters, because he will revert to his normal speed if he switches patterns to attack her. She has reacted to, and dodged sneak attacks from closer distances. Not to mention, again, her Divine Pulse charges, so she will know exactly where and when KL will appear if he uses Movement Speed.
Yeah okay, go ahead. I am done here.

A skill is... Just a passive ability. It activates without needing to manually activate it. For example, let's say that someone has a flame cloak power or smth. It can be a Activated ability that they need to think of to use, or a passive, one that happens without them even consciously triggering it, usually something their body just naturally causes. I... Don't know how else to say it, that's about as easy as it gets when it comes to how passives work.

Simply put, the enemy just does not counterattack. It could be seen as Game Mechanics, but seeing as it's on the page, the wiki clearly recognizes it as something she can just do. Should probably have a CRT made on that and how it works but, that's far from the top of my own priority list.

Divine Pulse is a ability that Byleth can use to rewind time to a specific moment during a fight, or even revert it to the beginning. Only Byleth is consciously aware of the Divine Pulse. I think the implication here is that Byleth can use a DP or two to learn how KL fights precisely, and this be able to predict his movements, rendering his tactics useless. Even considering his knowledge that she has DP, he, A, wouldn't know when she uses it, B, wouldn't have any knowledge gained about her through battle past the point the DP resets to, C, Likely not have the idea to change his fighting style rapidly enough to get the upper hand- And Even assuming he does, Byleth can use a DP to revert the fight with knowledge of how he'll likely change his fighting style. Couple that with her Accelerated Development (Which I'm surprised no one else so much as mentioned), and she'll very likely get to the point that even if he starts throwing out random moves (which we have not seen scans of if this would remotely be in character), she'll already have him all but beaten.

And much like Gatekeeper said, Byleth has experience reacting to people who should, by all rights, be significantly faster than her, and she has the Enhanced Senses ability, in addition to her seemingly high capacity to deal with surprise attacks. I acknowledge that KL has a much bigger advantage in speed, but between Byleth's DP's and her AD, this advantage would eventually be mitigated.

Okay, but that's game mechanics, you still have to give any proof that they are different from speed and would give her any advantage against faster opponents (outside of game mechanics obviously).
I'm assuming you are replying to the thing about the speed/avoidance stat. There are accessories that exist in the game's universe that increase speed and avoidance rate separately.
Okay, you still haven't explained what it is in practice.
Yes I have? It allows her to attack before the opponent can make their attack. For example, KL tries to attack her. But Vantage activates, and she attacks before KL is able to.
Wtf? We don't go by "that's how it works" here, you either give a proper explanation of how her powers work or you don't use it in threads if there is no explanation.
Uh, I did? It's simple. It nullifies his ability to counterattack. If he tries to counterattack, he will be unable to make one. I don't see how that's hard to understand.
What is Divine Pulse? And why does it make his strategies useless? Just because she knows what he can do doesn't mean she can stop it from happening, namely the power null and the amps.
Divine Pulse is her ability to control the flow of time. It allows her to stop time (But she cannot move while time is stopped), or reverse time to a specific point in time. In addition, it will automatically activate if she dies. She is capable of rewinding time 13 times. She can't stop those from happening, but she will know every move he is going to make, such as where KL will appear after using Movement Speed, and what he will do afterwards.
Also, if she resets the battle or not doesn't change anything, she already has a lot of knowledge about him and when she resets he will tale different actions.
Why would he take different actions? He doesn't have Acausality, so he won't have any memory of Byleth rewinding time.
Yeah okay, go ahead. I am done here.
Okay

Back