• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

From Darkness we Rise (Game Thread 1)

I, to much poor acrobatic skill, try to roll away from the area he plans on flooding with knives, and try to get up to find a way to engage. At least, I try before I am rendered able to see literally nothing

Natur flys above the knifes to dodge them, she fires more fireballs at Utem from above. "I'm getting real fired up, haha!"

Realizing that trying to shoot at whatever is shooting the arrows i a lost cause, i roll out of the way

mid-roll however, i catch sight of the boy with the knives and fire at him, seemingly not impeding my roll at all

"Eep! ....thanks Roberto, you really saved me there."

I freaked out and narrowly managed to avoid being struck by an arrow thanks to Roberto, but I should really focus on attempting to dodge for myself from now on.

I scan the enemy that's throwing knives for skills and weaknesses.

"No problem."

I respond to Chloe.

I then, while remaining close to her, try to use my enhanced sight to try spot anything.

The most skills that Chloe would find on Uten is that he can turn himself invisible and that he is very, very skilled at knife throwing. The one noticeable weakness is, well, him being a kid, he wouldn't be the strongest in physical combat.

Uten, meanwhile, just barely dodged the bullet heading his way by jerking his whole body to the right, stoping Eli's skill from taking effect on him. There was darkness all around, so he didn't see much. In fact, likely no one saw much at all, which gave Uten the perfect chance to cause havoc. Uten was like a kid in a candy store as he began to throw several knives all around, one after the other.

Uten's knives, meanwhile, would likely at least knick Gurten's leg while full on stabbing Boris in the leg, causing a pretty bad injury while another volley of arrows moved through the field. It seemed they were really being bombarded.

after finishing my roll, i turn to look back at the blot of darkness where my team was, but i can still see the numbers

i see someone throwing a lot of objects, and, assuming it's the knives kid, focus for a moment

everything lines up, everything's in the perfect position

i fire for the kid's head, accounting for any possible movements

Mr. Boris tries to hide by ducking, quivering in his boots as he kept muttering, "I don't wanna die." under his lips. Then...

"YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWW!" He shouted in pain as he saw the knife.

It hurts a bit, but ultimately doesn't get to any bones, muscles or anything I'd be worried about.

With no other option, I just run into the shadow, preparing to tackle Uten if he happens to be in my path.

Turning on his front, the brunette begins crawling forward.

'Agh ... pain means be I can't focus, darkness mean I can't see. I need to get out of here before I die.'

[even then there's an archer who would not allow that. Also I thought you had first key dragon? That's why I accepted it.]

I'll give this to the numbers guy for the sake of moving this along. Uten did move, but the ten year old was still shot in the head so good job...he wasn't dead but he was in a lot of pain if that howl was anything to go off of. The knife slinger threw one final knife in the direction of the bullet, traveling at about the same speed even...

Meanwhile there was the sound of footsteps crunching close to Gurman. Likely the dude who he tried to bash the chair over a while ago. They seemed to bump into each other in the midst of The darkness, and soon after Jason would drop his machete and try to wrestle with Gurman.

And arrows were still flying but they mostly missed, with a few becoming far too close for comfort.

I merely move myself to the side while grabbing the kni--

wait i missed it

damnit

anyways, i continue to work to dodge the arrows and run around to shoot the large man with the mask

He may be a brute, but he's not a grappler. With a bit of experience stored in the essence I was made from, I immediately put him in a headlock and knee him right in the mask.

Given that one had distanced themselves from the group a considerable amount, there was the sudden sound of snow crunching as he would notice an axe blade coming right towards him. Seemed the archer was going to pick off an easy target. If he bothered to see who was swinging at him, he'd find that it was Connor.

Meanwhile, Jason would be hit to the ground, and he'd make an attempt to grab his machete while being kicked in the face. Ultimately, he failed, so he began to punch Gurman in the chest. Meanwhile the knives from Uten seemed to just...stopped. Either he was processing the pain still or actually just dead...

"I guess nobody cares, so of course..." He then tried to look at Jason and give him something. He didn't know of this, but he could give him a bit something called nausea if he could.

I decide to retract the darkness since it doesn't seem to be doing anything besides hindering my teammates.

Man, that archer must be really good. He can pinpoint where people are even with my voice echoing everywhere.

I pick up Eli and try to drag him beside some cover.

I run into the blot of darkness, using my enhanced senses to maneuver around all the people in there

while in there, i grab several knives, stabing the kid with one just to make sure he's dead before throwing 2 more at the other man

Uten's attack stopped

I smoke dash over to Gurman and attempt to help him by swapping to my Charge Shot and blasting Jason

"Gah! The hell!?"

I barely dodged that axe blade, who the hell is that!? And the ****, I feel like I'm going to cut into half when it hits! That was poor decision, I gotta go back.

I tried to go back to my teammates.

The punches really hurt, even with me tensing up my stomach. My grip ends up coming undone with me stumbling onto my butt

Jason stood up and grabbed his machete, only to be hit full force with a charge blast, and then to feel...incredibly sick. All of these attacks seemed to be getting to him as he stumbled about a little. He groaned and stumbled towards Gurmen to try and slice up at least one opponent

Meanwhile Connor chased down the one who was running away, now being visible to everyone in the group as he tried to get closer, reaching into a pocket and throwing a knife at the runner as he moved.

I step to the side of his swing, then kick him in the groin.

"Yes! I'm gettin' to em!" He tried to increase the nausea on him, though that might just make him feel the same way.

The attacker, in turn, catches the knife and grunts in annoyance before attempting to tackle the runner to the ground, after trying to catch up a little bit more.

Meanwhile, Jason was having a hard time with this now. With the sickness and the pain he was practically doubling over now. He let out what sounded like a growl before slashing at Gurmen once more. Seemed he was getting tunnel vision on his opponents...also the fire didn't do too much but annoy him as he tried to shortly afterwards swat and slice at Natur.

Also yes Boris would get sick when he tried to make Jason more sick. It was a double edged sword at the moment...

Natur narrowly dodges, she lights Jason on fire while flying away. "Nope nope nope nope nope nope, I'm not dying again today!"

Back