• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

From Darkness we Rise (Game Thread 1)

[@Chirstian] He got even gloomier...How strange. It's as if he is a tower, built to always teetering to, but seemingly never collapes.

"How curious...Well, how about we all figured out why did you feel the way you feel, later okay?" I said, consoling him.

"You've got the wrong bloke, squire." He said, trying not to be accused of being sad. So he shifted in personality.

Christian Higdon said:
"You've got the wrong bloke, squire." He said, trying not to be accused of being sad. So he shifted in personality.
His world suddenly feel less gloomy, and is trying to be energetic...Look like he got his feet off the ground again.

"Well, that's the spirit." I encourage him, while seemingly remember to lightly pat him in the back.

Due to me being an absolutely lazy asshole

I get up right after the end of the story.

"Hi."

"Uh, well, consoling can come later," the doctor muttered as he looked at the two creations. Didn't expect such self loathing in the first few minutes. Odd...

"Either way, before you go out on your journey, you can stay here and prepare. I have a few weapons that aren't as useful to me now, particularly a few guns and a baseball bat which I used in my youth. If you feel you need anything before you leave, just talk to me, yes?"

Gun, and baseball bat...I felt like I have heard that term, but seemingly never get used to the idea of using it...

"Doc...Can I see through them first?"

Gurman looks over from wherever he is in the lab, then shrugs, figuring that none of the Weapons they have would really be fit for him.

Since I convienently heard everything when I was sleeping.

"Eh, I think I'll be fine for now."

The doctor nodded and held his finger up, saying that it's take a Monet. He walked out of the giant testing room and, thought it'd take a few minutes, he'd come back with a couple of weapons. They weren't anything big. In fact they were all pistols, and small ones at that. They could all easily fit in a pocket, and they likely didn't pack much power at all. Also he had a baseball bat, which He placed on the table nearby. "These aren't much, but they've saved my life multiple times."

"It'll do."

i take on of the guns and inspect it

fairly weak..................probably weaker than the bat, but the extra reach evens that out nicely

i pocket it

"Both of you calm down otherwise you're going back in the machine," the man said in a surprisingly calm tone as he picked up one of the other pistols and put it in his pocket. "I...can't promsie they're in the best condition. They've been used quite a bit." The man shook his head. "Either way they should prove useful for st least a while."

"Goody!" He grabbed the bat and tested it out. "Let's see if you work, Mr. Bat!" He hit himself on the arm, albeit only lightly.

"Well, unfortunately no." The doctor scratched the back of his head. "Well, nothing I'd recommend at least. I have a kitchen knife but...the last thing I'd recommend is to get incredibly up close to those things out there...trust me. I've fought Them long enough."

I think for a moment

"What exactly do you expect us to do? You yourself have said that barely any humans are left, probably not enough to escape a population bottleneck. This seems like simply prolonging the inevitable."

"Well, I'll be honest, I don't actually know how many are left." The man chuckled, though he certainly didn't say anything humorous. "However, I have heard talk from a few of these creatures, and from what I heard, there are still thousands of humans out there...used to sustain some of the creatures that need humans to survive...it's gruesome, but that does mean there are people to save still."

"Hmm."

i do the mental calculations, seeing that a population like that is more than enough to escape the bottleneck

good.............good

"Unfortunately, I tried, and there aren't any nearby." The doctor shook his head. "I'm assuming my bunker is...fairly far off from the rest of civilization. Judging by the cold I'd say we're far up north. If only I remembered where I built this place, but...my mind is slowly slipping, which I Why I had to act now."

"Slipping in mind, I see?" He joked, swinging his bat and accidentally hitting himself in the nose. "Owie! That was a buzzer!"

"Makes sense. I think i could figure out where we are if i get to the surface."

I take another of the small guns and pocket it

better than nothing

By now he's out of guns he hasn't like five of them guys he's no walking arsenal. Jeez.

The doctor nodded. "Alright, that would be appreciated. But, before we even think bout leaving I will have to give you some mean stuff to communicate with me. I likely won't be joining you on this journey, so you need some way to speak with me while you're out there."

The bullet had a small caliber. It was clear this bullet wouldn't do much damage if shot at someone but it'd likely be better than nothing.

"Communicate? I mean, I guess?" He said, a bit confused. "Honestly, I dunno if I'm ready...I'm a bit quivery and fleshy."

"Well, I understand if you're nervous, but there's not much else we can do. We can't wait that long. If we're going to strike we need to strike as fast as possible." The doctor then pulled out a device similar to that of a cell phone and handed it to whoever was closest to him. "This should be able to reach you anywhere in the world, if it still works."

Back