• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Frisk ability additions

I noticed that Frisk doesn't have many abilities they should have on their profile. I will try to keep this short.

Aura: With "spare" Frisk can exude a peaceful aura of determination that makes any opponent that is already questioning their desire to fight them give up.

Emphatic Manipulation: Due to the aforementioned reason. Frisk can also reach Asriel and the other lost souls during the final battle to make Asriel have feelings again:

"What's this feeling...? What's happening to me? No! NO! I don't need ANYONE! STOP IT! Get away from me! Do you hear me!? I'll tear you apart!"

Information Analysis: They can do this with "Check." Kris has the ability for the same reason.

Dream Manipulation: Their "Subjective Reality" ability is done through this ability:

"Through DETERMINATION, the dream became true."

Power Nullification: They should have this with "Stare".

Temperature Manipulation: "Heat Up" and "Cool Down" should grant this.

Breath Attack: Due to the aforementioned "Cool Down" ability:

"You blow on Pyrope. Its flames die down. Pyrope's ATTACK dropped!"

Limited Necromancy: They can resurrect others to a degree as evidenced by Chara:

"Why was I brought back to life?"

"I realized the purpose of my reincarnation."

Resurrection: Due to the aforementioned reason. And they also have immortality type 4 which means they should have this as well.

Limited Hacking: Can defuse bombs with their cell phone.

Empowerment: Via this thread

Precognition: They should have this via Aim Dodging (During Sans fight), red exclamation marks (Warns them of particularly powerful attacks) and narration (can sometimes say what opponent will use beforehand).

Dimensional Storage: Via Cell Phone.

Resistance to the following:

Mind Manipulation: Via "Clear Mind":

"You think of pollen and sunshine. Your confusion abates. [Clear mind after Talk]"

Heat Manipulation: Can navigate Snowdin and Hotland with no problem. The latter can instantly evoporate water.

Pain Manipulation: Can be stabbed, pierced, burned to death, electrolyzed and killed many times without being fazed. Can stay conscious at less than hundred billionth of their health.

Their stamina should include the aforementioned feats. Besides, 2 minutes of sleep is considered good for them and regenerates them above their maximum HP.

Last edited:
I will probably add them after I get back home. I was kind of in a rush when I wrote this

Last edited:
Aura: With "spare" Frisk can exude a peaceful aura of determination that makes any opponent that is already questioning their desire to fight them give up.

Emphatic Manipulation: Due to the aforementioned reason. Frisk can also reach Asriel and the other lost souls during the final battle to make Asriel have feelings again:

"What's this feeling...? What's happening to me? No! NO! I don't need ANYONE! STOP IT! Get away from me! Do you hear me!? I'll tear you apart!"

Information Analysis: They can do this with "Check." Kris has the ability for the same reason.
Agree
Dream Manipulation: Their "Subjective Reality" ability is done through this ability:

"Through DETERMINATION, the dream became true."
Need scan.
Power Nullification: They should have this with "Stare".
Isn't that weakening the attack though? Seems more Statistics Reduction than Power Nullification.
I mean that's just using a thermostat and blowing air, something pretty much anyone can do. Not sure if it warrants an ability.
Breath Attack: Due to the aforementioned "Cool Down" ability:
That's blowing to reduce fire tho, something again, a real life human can do.
Limited Necromancy: They can resurrect others to a degree as evidenced by Chara:

"Why was I brought back to life?"
"I realized the purpose of my reincarnation."

Resurrection: Due to the aforementioned reason. And they also have immortality type 4 which means they should have this as well.
Neutral

Precognition: They should have this via Aim Dodging (During Sans fight), red exclamation marks (Warns them of particularly powerful attacks) and narration (can sometimes say what opponent will use beforehand).

Agree
Heat Manipulation: Can navigate Snowdin and Hotland with no problem. The latter can instantly evoporate water.

Pain Manipulation: Can be stabbed, pierced, burned to death, electrolyzed and killed many times without being fazed. Can stay
conscious at less than hundred billionth of their health.
Also agree

Need scan.
Added.
Isn't that weakening the attack though? Seems more Statistics Reduction than Power Nullification
Madjick's orbs don't deal any less damage after being "stared." Since Madjick is a magic user it most likely refers to magic and those orbs are stated to be incapacitated after Frisk stares at them more than twice.
I mean that's just using a thermostat
Thermostat is just a device to measure temperature though. It doesn't affect temperature directly.
blowing air, something pretty much anyone can do.
That's blowing to reduce fire tho, something again, a real life human can do.
Real life humans can put out a candle at best. They can't weaken flame. Not to mention, "Cool Down" instantly negates the effects of "Heat Up".

I was about to make a thread about this.

If were adding stuff to frisk's page, Frisk should have Resistance to Paralysis with immense determination, as they were capable of moving after Asriel began using their true power.

Emphatic Manipulation: Due to the aforementioned reason. Frisk can also reach Asriel and the other lost souls during the final battle to make Asriel have feelings again: ("What's this feeling...? What's happening to me? No! NO! I don't need ANYONE! STOP IT! Get away from me! Do you hear me!? I'll tear you apart!")

Breath Attack: Due to the aforementioned "Cool Down" ability: ("You blow on Pyrope. Its flames die down. Pyrope's ATTACK dropped!")

Resistance to the following:

Mind Manipulation: Via "Clear Mind":

"You think of pollen and sunshine. Your confusion abates. [Clear mind after Talk]"
Their stamina should include the aforementioned feats. Besides, 2 minutes of sleep is considered good for them and regenerates them above their maximum HP.
Agree with all of these.
Limited Necromancy: They can resurrect others to a degree as evidenced by Chara: (
"Why was I brought back to life?" "I realized the purpose of my reincarnation.")
Make sure to note the very line afterwards, being "Power." Which is a reference to Determination to support your point majorly.
Hard to say what the thermostat is. If it's equipment on Frisk, something on the wall, or on Pyrope (Since the cooldown thing seems to imply that the heat is coming from Pyrope).
Yeah, make sure to note they incapacitate the attack and note that Madjick believes you're another wizard due to it. So it's definitely through magic.
We used to have it, but we traded it out for durability. You could add that in the Pyrope; they are unaffected by cranking up the heat and putting their hand in flames. Without it doing any major damage.
Pain Manipulation: Can be stabbed, pierced, burned to death, electrolyzed and killed many times without being fazed. Can stay conscious at less than hundred billionth of their health.
Also note that they can walk through lasers, damaged but unfazed. They can also move at 1 HP fine, basically near death. 1 HP Frisk is weak enough to be captured by Papyrus with no diff. Implying that Frisk is too weak to fight back effectively.

It could be formatted like this:

Normally:

Aura (Frisk exudes a peaceful aura of Determination from their bodies that work on enemies that are questioning their will to fight, to give up. If they damage the enemy enough, they can usually spare them with this ability. The aftermath of this has the enemy with very little resentment towards Frisk, which can easily drop the latters guard)

Information Analysis (Using the ability "CHECK." They can gather information on enemies. This can vary such as being able to see someone's strength and durability as "Attack" and "Defense." Even being able to see how much damage their enemies can do to themselves. Can check their hobbies, what they like, motivation, what they are, their weaknesses, and important factors. Figured out advice on how to beat Sans, which is proven true as he says Frisk will eventually hit him)

Emphatic Manipulation (Consistently throughout Undertale, Frisk is capable of using "ACT" and "SPARE" to convince enemies not to fight and be considerably on better terms with them with their DT Aura. Can convince and flatter a Froggit, despite not knowing what you said)

minor Breath Attack (Can blow hard enough to distinguish flames of Pyrope, and cool the surroundings that was previously being heated up by a thermometer)

Resurrection (After having their soul shattered, they can resurrect with Determination and supernatural willpower from motivation. Can create "SAVE" points that are capable of bringing you back to such a point upon death. Which both Sans, Flowey, and Asgore prove these are not game mechaniacs, as they take notice when you "LOAD" back to these SAVE points)

Empowerment (Allows Frisk to almost immediately fight around their opponents level, up until he has reached full Determination. This normally scales Frisk to the opponents attack as shown by their inability to harm Mettaton in their base, and have trouble harming Jerry)

Precognition (Occasionally, it will alert Frisk of where some powerful attacks are from. This, is, consistently, done, throughout. The narrator can note to Frisk when a latter is preparing or using an attack, like with Sans and Asriel)

limited Necromancy (When Frisk fell down onto the bed of flowers Chara was on. Chara noted that they had been dead and their last memory was before they died. Till they realized, that the power coming from the Determination SOUL, was the power they reincarnated from. Which Frisk was able to use Chara's feeling to become stronger through their stats)
Power Nullification (Via Stare. After starring twice at Madjick's orbs. You can incapcitiate some of them, or nullify them to the point they can't hit you)

Resistances:

Mind Manipulation (Via Clear Mind. Madjick can confuse Frisk to the point of inverting the directional controls of the battle, and lose one Defense. With Clear Mind, they will be completely unaffected by this)

Pain Manipulation (Are hit numerous times throughout the game, and show little reaction to pain. This includes being stabbed and pierced by bones. Being electroucted, hit by fireballs, passing through lasers and slashed by weapons. Capable of being able to fight at 1 HP despite being near death. In this state, they can easily be captured by Papyrus who was comparable to them beforehand. Can stay conscious at less than hundred billionth of their health)

Equipment:

limited Hacking (Can defuse bombs with their cell phone)

Dimensional Storage (Their cell phone is capable of storing items, which is stored in their "Dimensional Box." Physical chests can also be found throughout Undertale that connect to dimensional storage)

Immense Determination:

improved Emphatic Manipulation (Capable of reaching out to lost souls during Asriel's battle, and reasonated a feeling within Asriel that Asriel was incapable of knowing at the moment. Frisk was capable of resonating this feeling within his soul by saving the lost souls with their own DT aura)

Dream Manipulation (Their Subjective reality ability is able to manifest their Dreams into physical things to consume and heal. Stated that the dreams they have, become true through Determination. Although this is not limitless, as it only creates items)

Oh yeah some other notable abilities like Frisk being able to delve and remind Asriel of Chara's past (Unless you plug in the NarraChara theory). Resistance to Paralysis as Comi mentioned. Perhaps stronger Supernatural Willpower since they can increase their defence through "HOPE."

Off-topic from Frisk, but should Asriel get Aura purely because he is able to colour the entire screen rainbow, and has a shade of colour following Asriel. In a black and weight battle box (Excluding the human soul colour). As well as the fact his mere presence was making the world end.

Last edited:
Some further discussion on Resistance to Heat Manipulation, and Temperature Manipulation should be noted.

Hard to say what the thermostat is. If it's equipment on Frisk, something on the wall, or on Pyrope
Wdym? Thermostat is a device. It doesn't affect temperature.
Since the cooldown thing seems to imply that the heat is coming from Pyrope
Not really. The action is performed by Frisk. Flavor text specifically uses "you":

"You crank up the thermostat. Pyrope begins to get excited"

Otherwise, Pyrope could do it himself. The reason why Frisk heats Pyrope up is that he is not warm enough, to begin with:

"This mischievous monster is never warm enough"
We used to have it, but we traded it out for durability.
That doesn't make sense though. Frisk is shown to be resistant to them. So they should have appropriate resistances.
1 HP Frisk is weak enough to be captured by Papyrus with no diff. Implying that Frisk is too weak to fight back effectively.
We don't really know what happened there. Frisk might have very well surrendered themselves. Or it might just be a game mechanic due to Papyrus' nature. Or some other reason. Frisk can fight back at 1 HP just fine in any other instance. And the game sometimes acknowledges low HP such as Toriel's quotes in Ruins or Hyper Goner automatically making HP 1 if you get hit. The most glaring example is Mettaton's fight.
  • You posed dramatically. The audience nods. [Pose]
  • Despite being hurt, you posed dramatically. The audience applauds. [Pose at less than half HP]
  • Despite being wounded, you posed dramatically. The audience gasps. [Pose at less than 1/4 HP]
  • With the last of your power, you posed dramatically. The audience screams. [Pose at extremely low HP]
Points you get is related to this as well:

• +100 when HP is 2/3 max HP or greater.
  • +150 when HP is between 1/2 and 2/3 max HP, including 1/2 exactly.
  • +250 when HP is between 1/4 and 1/2 max HP, including 1/4 exactly.
  • +400 when HP is below 1/4 max HP but greater than 3 HP.
  • +500 when HP is 2 or 3.
  • +600 when HP is exactly 1.

Agree
Madjick's orbs don't deal any less damage after being "stared." Since Madjick is a magic user it most likely refers to magic
Magic can be weakened though?
and those orbs are stated to be incapacitated after Frisk stares at them more than twice.
I agree in that case.
Thermostat is just a device to measure temperature though. It doesn't affect temperature directly.
It itself just measures temperature but it can control other devices that can increase temperature.
Real life humans can put out a candle at best. They can't weaken flame. Not to mention, "Cool Down" instantly negates the effects of "Heat Up".
It does seem to be much stronger than what a human can do then. Breath Attack is probably fine but I will stay neutral for temperature.

Wdym? Thermostat is a device. It doesn't affect temperature.
Yeah, but they mention specifically that cranking up the thermostat is what’s causing the temperature change. The question is whether it’s something they have on hand or something that’s just lying around.
Not really. The action is performed by Frisk. Flavor text specifically uses "you":

"You crank up the thermostat. Pyrope begins to get excited"

Otherwise, Pyrope could do it himself. The reason why Frisk heats Pyrope up is that he is not warm enough, to begin with:

"This mischievous monster is never warm enough"
Real question is what the thermostat is coming from. Since they mention the cooldown on Pyrope was just them blowing air onto them. The fact it all went away after blowing on specifically Pyrope probably has to do with a gag that Pyrope has no arms. Although that’s vague as well, so I’m fine with a possible for heat manipulation.
That doesn't make sense though. Frisk is shown to be resistant to them. So they should have appropriate resistances.
I’m not against it, however the majority put it for durability.
We don't really know what happened there. Frisk might have very well surrendered themselves. Or it might just be a game mechanic due to Papyrus' nature. Or some other reason. Frisk can fight back at 1 HP just fine in any other instance. And the game sometimes acknowledges low HP such as Toriel's quotes in Ruins or Hyper Goner automatically making HP 1 if you get hit. The most glaring example is Mettaton's fight.
I think we’re on a similar page here since you brought up Mettaton’s point. Point I was making was to support Frisk’s pain endurance, that they are still able to fight and move fine despite being on the edge of death. With Papyrus being an instance where 1 HP was enough to be considered a loss. Despite the fact that in more desperate situations, Frisk can fight back fine.

It itself just measures temperature but it can control other devices that can increase temperature.
Pretty sure that's not the case. Not to mention, including other devices is stretching it when even the thermostat stuff itself is ambiguous.
Yeah, but they mention specifically that cranking up the thermostat is what’s causing the temperature change.
A thermostat is mentioned but it is not as straightforward as you imply it to be. Are you not taking it a bit too literally? I thought it was obvious that "thermostat" is metaphorical here.
I think we’re on a similar page here since you brought up Mettaton’s point. Point I was making was to support Frisk’s pain endurance, that they are still able to fight and move fine despite being on the edge of death. With Papyrus being an instance where 1 HP was enough to be considered a loss. Despite the fact that in more desperate situations, Frisk can fight back fine.
Okay but then we don't need adding "No diffed by Papyrus" stuff. That was what I was mainly objecting to.

A thermostat is mentioned but it is not as straightforward as you imply it to be. Are you not taking it a bit too literally? I thought it was obvious that "thermostat" is metaphorical here.
It’s hard to say. I do agree it’s possible it is a metaphorical thing here hence why I said possible temperature manipulation. However, I wouldn’t give it a solid because it’s not as clear. Especially since like I said earlier, the temperature seems to be attached to Pyrope as blowing on him cools it down. Especially since Pyrope was pretending to pull the fire alarm and be a candle, so it could possible just be Frisk pretending to turn on the thermostat and him getting hotter. Although that’s not as straight forward as well, hence possible.
Okay but then we don't need adding "No diffed by Papyrus" stuff. That was what I was mainly objecting to.
We could word it differently, say “being able to function fine despite being in a state of being wounded (Mettaton scan), and considered a state that‘s too weak to fight in a casual fight (Papyrus scan).

Also what’s your opinion on the descriptions of abilities above that I put?

It’s hard to say. I do agree it’s possible it is a metaphorical thing here hence why I said possible temperature manipulation. However, I wouldn’t give it a solid because it’s not as clear. Especially since like I said earlier, the temperature seems to be attached to Pyrope as blowing on him cools it down. Especially since Pyrope was pretending to pull the fire alarm and be a candle, so it could possible just be Frisk pretending to turn on the thermostat and him getting hotter. Although that’s not as straight forward as well, hence possible.
I still have problems with this but heat manipulation is heat manipulation so be it.
We could word it differently, say “being able to function fine despite being in a state of being wounded (Mettaton scan), and considered a state that‘s too weak to fight in a casual fight (Papyrus scan).
But you are contracting yourself. If Frisk can fight just fine then they can't be considered too weak. I think instead of including something overly detailed with multiple examples we can just write "Can fight back in near death state."
Also what’s your opinion on the descriptions of abilities above that I put?
Thanks for that btw. It saves me from trouble. I like most of them but I think we should shorten some.

Bump.

It seems someone beat me to punch about addition of some abilities. But I realized there are a lot more unlisted even here after replaying the game. I intend to add them later on

Back