• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Vox Ability Additions

These Abilities are all ones that I consider Vox to have but due to some other circumstances, I believed it would've been better to send them here so that it would've been better to have others to look over them and come out with their suggestions and opinions on whether these abilities would work or not.
  • Animal Manipulation (Vox was seen to have pet sharks in the episode “Radio Killed the Video Star” but this ability is debatable since those sharks have the same color scheme as Vox and could just be some sort of robots built by Vox which controlling robots would only be Technology Manipulation
  • Clairvoyance (Vox can very well see through any technology he has even through TVs such as in a prequel comic and Radio Kills the Video Star, this is debatable since this could just be classified as spy technology)
  • Stealth Mastery (Vox’s spy drones constantly go unnoticed and only one character knows about them and said character is Alastor)
  • 4th Wall Awareness (In his first scene, he stares at the audience and states “Now that’s good Television however this could’ve been him talking to himself because he was staring at his massive wall of spy screens)
  • Social Influencing (Type; Charisma; Vox was stated by Vivenne Medrano to be very Charismatic and in his first episode, all he had to do was advertise a new product and crowds of people stormed to get said product. This however is debatable and I personally believe this ability to have the weakest reasoning [Also could someone add “Instigating Fear” to Alastor’s Social Influencing Type?)

Animal Manipulation (Vox was seen to have pet sharks in the episode “Radio Killed the Video Star” but this ability is debatable since those sharks have the same color scheme as Vox and could just be some sort of robots built by Vox which controlling robots would only be Technology Manipulation
Animal Manipulation is generally more than just taming animals, if the line of "Control can be carried out at the expense of empathy, or effects on the mind, and with a special magic." from the Animal Manipulation page is any indication. At best, that'd be Social Influencing.

Clairvoyance (Vox can very well see through any technology he has even through TVs such as in a prequel comic and Radio Kills the Video Star, this is debatable since this could just be classified as spy technology)
"Likely Clairvoyance" or "Likely Enhanced Senses" should be fine. TVs don't typically have cameras, so he's probably not just hijacking them through conventional methods.

Stealth Mastery (Vox’s spy drones constantly go unnoticed and only one character knows about them and said character is Alastor)
Vox's drones going unnoticed doesn't mean that he himself could go unnoticed, so I'm a bit iffy on this one.

4th Wall Awareness (In his first scene, he stares at the audience and states “Now that’s good Television however this could’ve been him talking to himself because he was staring at his massive wall of spy screens)
He was def talking to himself. It's like those gags where a character appears to be talking to the audience, only for the camera to turn around and reveal someone or something that the character was actually addressing. Alastor's "Stay tuned" is different because there's no one he could be talking to in that instance.

Social Influencing (Type; Charisma; Vox was stated by Vivenne Medrano to be very Charismatic and in his first episode, all he had to do was advertise a new product and crowds of people stormed to get said product. This however is debatable and I personally believe this ability to have the weakest reasoning [Also could someone add “Instigating Fear” to Alastor’s Social Influencing Type?)
If you need to use mind control for your Social Influencing, it's probably not Social Influencing; at the very least, it's not good SI. It's pretty consistently shown that Vox brainwashes people, and there are many instances of Vox's audiences being captured by others, most notably having their attention stolen from Vox by Alastor in "Stay Gone".

Also what Ability would Potion Making be counted as?
Preparation and the abilities displayed by said potions. Presumably, Vox could make these potions with prep time.

So, all in all, Vox would get:

Likely Clairvoyance/Enhanced Senses (Can see through any of his technological screens, including cameras, drones, TVs, and even watches.)
•Preparation (Vox can seemingly make potions, and could use these with prep time, although their effects are never shown.)

Could you give some scans (screenshots or preferably videos) of Vox doing this stuff? I don't have Amazon Prime, so I have only been able to watch what I've seen from YouTube.

Animal Manipulation is generally more than just taming animals, if the line of "Control can be carried out at the expense of empathy, or effects on the mind, and with a special magic." from the Animal Manipulation page is any indication. At best, that'd be Social Influencing.

"Likely Clairvoyance" or "Likely Enhanced Senses" should be fine. TVs don't typically have cameras, so he's probably not just hijacking them through conventional methods.

Vox's drones going unnoticed doesn't mean that he himself could go unnoticed, so I'm a bit iffy on this one.

He was def talking to himself. It's like those gags where a character appears to be talking to the audience, only for the camera to turn around and reveal someone or something that the character was actually addressing. Alastor's "Stay tuned" is different because there's no one he could be talking to in that instance.

If you need to use mind control for your Social Influencing, it's probably not Social Influencing; at the very least, it's not good SI. It's pretty consistently shown that Vox brainwashes people, and there are many instances of Vox's audiences being captured by others, most notably having their attention stolen from Vox by Alastor in "Stay Gone".

Preparation and the abilities displayed by said potions. Presumably, Vox could make these potions with prep time.

Likely Clairvoyance/Enhanced Senses (Can see through any of his technological screens, including cameras, drones, TVs, and even watches.)
•Preparation (Vox can seemingly make potions, and could use these with prep time, although their effects are never shown.)

Could you give some scans (screenshots or preferably videos) of Vox doing this stuff? I don't have Amazon Prime, so I have only been able to watch what I've seen from YouTube.
FINALLY someone responded to this thread also most of this is on YouTube becasue amazon dropped the first 11 minutes of episode 2 which most of these abilities come from

FINALLY someone responded to this thread also most of this is on YouTube becasue amazon dropped the first 11 minutes of episode 2 which most of these abilities come from
Okay, so, I watched most of the episode, and I got some things wrong:

4th Wall Awareness (In his first scene, he stares at the audience and states “Now that’s good Television however this could’ve been him talking to himself because he was staring at his massive wall of spy screens)
Since he's not staring at his screens head-on, I'd be willing to give "Possibly Breaking The Fourth Wall" to him.

Social Influencing (Type; Charisma; Vox was stated by Vivenne Medrano to be very Charismatic and in his first episode, all he had to do was advertise a new product and crowds of people stormed to get said product. This however is debatable and I personally believe this ability to have the weakest reasoning [Also could someone add “Instigating Fear” to Alastor’s Social Influencing Type?)
So, my point of Vox relying on mind control still stands, but taming sharks and calming Valentino would probably give him some amount of SI. He calmed Val down pretty quickly and didn't get torn apart like Velvet's model did, so that's certainly decent.

So, I guess we can add:

•Possibly Breaking The Fourth Wall (Brags about his "good television" to the audience, although he could simply be talking to himself.)

•Limited Social Influencing (Is seemingly good at calming those who are enraged, as he was tamed sharks and pacified Valentino during a violent tantrum. However, he also seems to rely on his mind control and brainwashing to influence his customers, and Alastor easily makes a fool of Vox and takes his audience away from him.)

Also, there are a bunch of other abilities Vox should have that he doesn't, being:

Enhanced Senses (Vox's head can take calls from others, allowing him to hear them through their phones. Vox can see and hear through all of his technology.)

Cyborgism (Vox's head is a screen.)

Preparation (Vox can use drones to spy on others, and can make weapons and technology with the aid of other Overlords, although this is not combat-applicable without prep time and outside help.)

Immortality (Type 7.)

Also, Vox needs more descriptions for his Technology Manip, probably something like:

Technology Manipulation (Vox can control the channels of TVs, travel through technology, see and hear through technology, and remotely control all of his technology in his studio.)

Agree with LightSoul8, also I agree with Clairvoyance but it should be limited by only “his” technology. He can clearly see through his television, but he can’t do it with old-timey TV in Hazbin Hotel from which main cast was going to watch the commercial.

Agree with LightSoul8, also I agree with Clairvoyance but it should be limited by only “his” technology. He can clearly see through his television, but he can’t do it with old-timey TV in Hazbin Hotel from which main cast was going to watch the commercial.

Yes but it should be noted that it is Limited, and I doubt it is “Likely” because he can clearly see through his technologies as we see in “Stayed Gone”.

Back