• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Frank West vs Sole Survivor

And Batman is basically High 8-C too. They share similar AP. So invalid argument

PP mind you which he would never get in due to the massive skill difference. And the fact PP isn't even the quickest thing homer resorts to and only has knowledge of it do to his guard training. And Batmans armor worsening his case of ever getting that in. And mid regen easily handled with the thing batman typically goes for anyway in character. Incapacitating. Holding onto a string with that fight.

Batman wasn't "basically High 8-C" he downscaled from his 8-C+, it would have because that's not it feckin worked because when I mean no equipment, I meant no equipment i.e. the suit and tier Bruce Wayne, guard training isn't some run of the mill training and Batman doesn't go for Incap he goes for KO.

You're holding onto a string that is Homer couldn't do anything when skill was literally the only thing Batman had.

Batman was literally in the explosion that gives him 1.7 tons of tnt. Your undeniably wrong there. Batman and stroke both survive it and both scale. And the suit needs to be specified. No equipment doesn't automatically mean no suit.

Regardless. Don't wanna derail further. You aren't ever gonna Convince me on this, it may not be a stomp by the wikis standards by holding onto a single strong. But it's a stomp. I'll go as far as that and stop there, since this is derailing.

"You are undeniably wrong there" it's torally not that he was considerable hurt by that explosion and given that it was with the suit the implication was he was weaker.

It's not my feckin fault you don't think the armored suit with a **** ton of gadgets in-built was restricted when I said Equipment restricted. What else would I restrict, batarangs?

"You can't convince me on this" then stop bringing it up then.

Also isn't this a repeat of the prior Fallout match?

Zark2099 said:
"Give me a non-comicbook panel example of Punisher (Marvel Comics)'s skill"

That's the level of question you're askin', mate. Even within the context of his feats a case could be made he has to be a good shot, it's not a hard idea to grasp lol.

And yeah, by that logic Sole Survivor is literally a soldier.

And no, we don't equalize SoL projectiles lol, or projectiles in general, Normal Human bullets aren't happening.
Attempting to justify Frank's skill with something outside of gameplay is different because it isn't player influenced, it's like if I argued that fighting game characters actually juggle you indefinitely. It's nowhere near that kind of question.

Notice how I never used that argument to boost up the Sole Survivor though, it's obvious V.A.T.S is a good contributor to most of their shots.

I agree with that, but obviously it's not a clear concept to everyone if some people are arguing that's the case.

Player influence isn't exactly a matter? Unless and until the players aren't straight up breaking the game, the game's own "best" records are taken to be the canon ones as those are the ones developers consider as ideal. So yes, Gameplay is relevant, fighting characters juggling is fair too, as long as it's using the mechanics as meant in the game and not "i can become invincible during this maneuver due to i-frames".

Of course it would matter if game cutscenes were to contradict it, but that's not the case here

Frank in the first game never had fired at person prior and we can see that he defaults to a baseball bat in Case West, it's clear most of the time he opts for a melee weapon.

In Dead Rising 4 it's obvious he didn't keep up with combat, he became a college professor who has PTSD flashbacks about the zombies, there's no instance where it's established that he's well-versed with guns anywhere. Assuming so because you have the option to use them in-game doesn't mean it fits the lore standard.

Really not keen on the idea of "juggling being fair" when fighting characters never actually do it, like, ever.

Not every video game character is John Wick just because they are influenced by someone else.

I guess you forgot 2 and 3 happened, and regular practice doesn't affect aim from my recollection, so no, 4 isn't affected, at best his physicality is the one thing affected without regular practice, reflexes are something that require very little excercise, don't they?

Now hold on, do you wanna establish, that Frank West using guns isn't canon? That's what you're going for here? And no, by that logic the only thing Sole Survivor is good at is using the Power Armor, and we all know how relevant that is to regular combat. Hell "characters using healing potions isn't shown so we'll assume they never use it

Juggling is the game-equivalent of outskilling, it will never happen "ever", because fighting games don't include fodder, at least they include comparable opponents. By your logic skillstomps never exist.

Because they aren't? Who the **** has John Wick reactions while playing a game? The in-game "best" score is canon within the game as ideal and that's what will be used.

In a sense, i agree with Zark here. Games like Dead Rising usually tie gameplay and everything else together, including story and cutscene.

Zark2099 said:
I guess you forgot 2 and 3 happened, and regular practice doesn't affect aim from my recollection, so no, 4 isn't affected, at best his physicality is the one thing affected without regular practice, reflexes are something that require very little excercise, don't they?

Now hold on, do you wanna establish, that Frank West using guns isn't canon? That's what you're going for here? And no, by that logic the only thing Sole Survivor is good at is using the Power Armor, and we all know how relevant that is to regular combat. Hell "characters using healing potions isn't shown so we'll assume they never use it

Juggling is the game-equivalent of outskilling, it will never happen "ever", because fighting games don't include fodder, at least they include comparable opponents. By your logic skillstomps never exist.

Because they aren't? Who the **** has John Wick reactions while playing a game? The in-game "best" score is canon within the game as ideal and that's what will be used.
Zark, Frank was not in 2 or 3, hence I said Case West, as Off the Record is non-canon.

Don't go twisting my words, saying Frank's key instincts gravitate towards melee when the game's flexibility of combat branches towards that more does not mean I said him using guns isn't canon, don't be silly.

You can't equate lack of "fodder" to lack of juggling, that makes zero sense even by game standards. I also never said that, your straw man may have, but I haven't.

Happy you missed the point of my comment here.

Back