• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Frank West VS The Boss (Saints Row) 2.0 (Grace Period)

Oh boy, how did i miss this

Would just like to point out that Frank is physically incapable of carrying every one of the weapons he has access to on his person. In addition, assuming The Boss is starting at his peak would put him automatically under the effects of Saints Flow, meaning he would be invulnerable to the vast majority of Frank's arsenal as well as knowing basically everything he is planning on doing thanks to passive telepathy

Okay so clearly you're taking one point in my argument and blowing it massively out of proportion, and then you're resorting to chucking petty insults at me and questioning why I'm partaking in a hobby. Really good stuff. Let's dismantle this.

The cutscene argument is over because clearly the purpose of it wasn't made obvious to you. The argument was made to basically say we don't know what Frank opens with. Not that Frank wouldn't fight at all in combat. I was trying to use it to say we can't pin down a weapon that he starts with, so we have to extrapolate what he would use based off personality and the weapons that he has at hand. That was what I wanted it to do. Because Frank is a pretty tactical guy and generally views every situation as life or death given his experience, he would likely use the weapons that would instantly kill someone if they were to make contact. This was the point I was trying to make all along but you've been massively blowing my point out of proportion to the point where the original meaning was lost.

The Boss, however, does use weapons in cutscenes. Most of the time they use conventional firearms, such as pistols or rocket launchers, or if you're Killbane The Boss will literally just punch you to death. My point to make with The Boss is that we know, generally, what they could start out with, and that's conventional firearms. Not the mind hax gun that is exclusive to a DLC and is never mentioned against, and the fact that it doesn't fit the Boss's M.O.

And what I'm using to determine that it doesn't fit The Boss' M.O. is that I am not using cutscenes but I'm using my knowledge of the game and how The Boss is as a character. Because I know both game series incredibly well, and I like to think I have a basic understanding of both character, to the point where I can generally determine how their basic personality is. I've been playing Dead Rising and SR3 for years. SR3 is one of my favorite games, Frank West is one of my favorite characters. I know how they work.

The boss is violent and aggressive and sadistic. This isn't just from cutscenes. This is from basic dialogue the boss says in the game. The boss loves getting into fights. It's like, a key part of their character that they're a little ****** up and like killing people. They like massive explosions. They like gunfights. They like violence. This is just a central tenant of the character of The Boss. This is the reason why I think they will not be using the gun that is not flashy, not violent, not loud, and not something they've ever planned on using ever outside of DLC, which at that point it's a decision of the player and not the boss' character. Saying that the boss would use this weapon that is way out of their M.O. and go for the boring one hit kill weapon when they love fighting and violence and action is absurd. As well as just a misunderstanding of the Boss as a character, as it's ignoring all the dialogue that The Boss says regardless of the voice pack they get in the game. The boss is in character so we have to consider what they do in character.

Frank is different. Frank doesn't like for aggression and violence and chaos. He's a man trying to survive the zombie apocalypse, and this involves him fighting army generals, world terrorists, every psychopath that comes his way, and some mutated zombies. He literally does fight and there was no point in my entire argument where I said Frank doesn't fight at all. I just said he doesn't fight in cutscenes (which even now is a gross generalization which I have proved wrong with some videos I linked, of which you just completely ignored to continue to harp on me about this point that you're blowing out of proportion), which was to prove a completely different point than "Frank doesn't fight".

Frank is crafty and uses everything at his disposal to try and win a fight. This is shown by his constant use of combo weapons (which he wouldn't be afraid to use) and combo vehicles. He will literally use whatever's best to fight because he's fighting for his life and doesn't take any real enjoyment out of it, unlike the Boss who at times seems to approach combat like an action movie hero, cracking jokes and not taking everything seriously. I think out of both of them, Frank would be the one to pull out the instakill weapon faster because of how he views combat and because of his tendency to create and use combo weapons in order to get himself out of nasty situations.

Barely any of this analysis was determined through cutscenes so maybe you can drop that point now and consider putting some thought into how the characters themselves interact and how they would likely use their weapons. After all, we're arguing characters as a whole and not just "concrete numbers, feats and the like"
If Frank is getting vehicles, wouldnt the Boss also get vehicles?

I don't really use this site anymore but I don't think combo vehicles are part of his standard equipment. Never said he'd use them either I'm saying that his willingness to use combo vehicles means that he would use combo weapons.

frankly I said a lot of stuff just in order to debunk the guy that said Frank wouldn't attack people lol.

but yeah I don't use this site much anymore.

Back