• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Frank West vs Sole Survivor

Jackythejack said:
Saying frank isn't a good shot feels like some downplay
Give me a proper instance outside of gameplay where he is renowned for his skill.

Even then you could arguably say he gets better as game 1 progresses. I mean he has to improve somehow, and certainly becomes more accustomed to killing as it goes on. It's called character development

Said character development involved a lot of shenanigans with duct tape for combining common household items or mall trinkets, and PTSD about Willamette.

I mean, Frank did have some background info involves being a photojournalist being in a warzone but that's all i could find.

Jamesthetaker said:
I mean, Frank did have some background info involves being a photojournalist being in a warzone but that's all i could find.
He's covered wars, y'know.

Even if we use BoS version, Sole Survivor still have better experience because covered wars isn't the same as fought them.

Wait, this remind me something: If Frank doesn't have anything to stop V.A.T.S then how did his matches with Lone Wanderer is fair?

Jamesthetaker said:
Wait, this remind me something: If Frank doesn't have anything to stop V.A.T.S then how did his matches with Lone Wanderer is fair?
It's really not.

Also Abstractions I'm pretty sure fighting groups of military forces constantly is a good show of skill of being at least a good shot.

Also instance outside of gameplay is a bit...unfair? Dead rising is very much about gameplay first? It's still part of what frank does. It's a video game.

By that logic. Sole survivor is only as good as a standard soldier. Which I will fight anyone on how much downplay that would be

"Give me a non-comicbook panel example of Punisher (Marvel Comics)'s skill"

That's the level of question you're askin', mate. Even within the context of his feats a case could be made he has to be a good shot, it's not a hard idea to grasp lol.

And yeah, by that logic Sole Survivor is literally a soldier.

And no, we don't equalize SoL projectiles lol, or projectiles in general, Normal Human bullets aren't happening.

That being said, apparently this is a stomp? At least that's what I'm told, so if someone would elaborate how so, I'll close the thread, or if it isn't, i'll **** off

Well maybe not an absolute stomp but it feels sorta stompy because frank doesn't really have an answer to VATS, but by that logic his match against the Lone Wanderer should be removed

It's just a minor Self-Perception Manipulation, nothing stomp levels, Frank can respond to that too by being a quicker shot, can't he?

No not really. V.A.T.S let's you home in on an opponent right away with time being slowed down to a crawl for you. Most enemies in game get blitzed by VATS iirc

I will say that putting frank west against three guys with the same ability (John Marston, Lone Wanderer and now Sole Survivor) and expecting shit to change and for him to not lose is not only the definition of insanity but also kinda spite since he already lost to Arthur Morgan for Deadeye

Spite would be putting him against the courier.

I was trying to make this fair as the fallout vs dead rising sounded interesting but lost any debate to it do to wanderers VATs. But Sole survivor has the canonical slowest, and I tried to set it up the make it possible for Frank not to get lol VATS

I literally did that without the knowledge of what dead eye was or him have been fighting arthur. I've told you this like twice

And yet it was still a fight you said you were interested in and I explained again. Didn't think of VATS.

Yes because I thought there would be more debate but not thinking of it doesn't mean it's not literally the same as the John Marston thread-

And have explained why 2 of those didn't have the intent of that due to lack of knowledge, and you even yourself liked the fight cause it was a good idea aside from that one aspect. And this one literally trying to help as much as I can to make it fair cause it's still a good fight

There was no fixing that one. This one has a much bigger chance due to him being able to move during VATS aims, and is still able to move while he fires. On top of what else I did to help frank

Rip literally everyone who has perception manipulation and has been in a fight where the other guy doesn't have it the

Homer could do literally anything because it was Post-Flashpoint who's like, not half as skilled as Post-Crisis makes him out to be, in addition to Mid regen and what seem to be oneshot Pressure Points.

Yea. Gonna have to hard disagree one that. And even if he is "not as skilled" as made to be. He still is >>>>>>> to homer.

Oh wow, beating up feckin thugs is "skilled". Not to mention iirc Homer was "basically High 8-C" according to your logic, Batsy had all his equipment restricted, and Homer had a **** ton higher regen AND Pressure Points.

Mate what are you playing at? It's not my fault you can't see extremely obvious wincons when they're in plain sight.

Back