• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Four Knights of the Apocalypse/Nanatsu no Taizai Main Discussion Thread

2 kilotons
That’s bad
Like I said, maybe. I don't suppose any of us are seismologists or acousticians.
But wasn’t the earthquake planet wide multiple times? That should be high 6a at least.
Let's calm down for a sec. We're getting a bit heated.

Anyway, Behemoth causes the fissures around itself, not in distant parts of the Demon World. So applying a mag VIII for the entire earthquake on the other side of the planet like Aether did doesn't work.
Maybe those fissures spread? Maybe a likely rating can work

Low 6-B is the minimum for planetary earthquakes, not High 6-A.

That'd require evidence. We don't have any evidence that the fissures were planet-wide, just the shaking.

Low 6-B is the minimum for planetary earthquakes, not High 6-A.

That'd require evidence. We don't have any evidence that the fissures were planet-wide, just the shaking.
But why would Zeldris be so concerned them? Also the atmosphere and the entire planet are shaking violently that has to high 6-a

Because Behemoth was spreading negative energy across the entire planet, killing pretty much all life.

Again, no.

From what I can find, it can be as 'low' as 6.5. 7.9 is kind of a high-end, and 7.8 was simply the measured effects from an existing quake of that magnitude.

Also, I don't think you can translate this to the Acoustic waves created by earthquakes because it's how sound travels in waves through a medium.

Edit: Eh, I guess you can.

KE end still uses the amplitude of that particular magnitude across the planet.
Mag 8 can be used none of these irl quakes were shaking the atmosphere entirely.

before anyone say anything we can avoid using lowballs when they simply are too stupid.

Mag 6.5 is our lowball
Mag 7.9 is our highball

The highball is for shaking small parts of the atmosphere

Behemoth is shaking the entire land and atmosphere which is pretty easily above 7.9

Last edited:
Mag 8 can be used none of these irl quakes were shaking the atmosphere entirely.
You're not accounting for the fact that earthquakes become way less powerful over distance. For example, a magnitude 8 earthquake would simulate the effects of a magnitude 5 earthquake at a distance of ~240 km. By this same token, a mag 6.5 earthquake can pass into the ionosphere, so that's the minimum needed for the yield on the other side of the world from the source of the earthquake.

These calculations work by taking a diminished magnitude from distance and using it to find the total magnitude/energy generated. In this case, the diminished magnitude from examples is 6.5 to 7.9 on the other side of the planet.

By this logic, we should use a 9.6 on the other side of the planet because the 1960 Valdivia earthquake didn't shake the atmosphere either. In fact, your logic suggests that the diminished value of all our planet-shaking calculations should be 9.6 because no earthquake in real life has shook the entire planet.
Mag 6.5 is our lowball
Mag 7.9 is our highball
Like I said, sure.

Still Multi-Continent level.

Last edited:
You're not accounting for the fact that earthquakes become less powerful over distance.

By this logic, we should use a 9.6 because that didn't shake the atmosphere either.

These calculations work by taking a diminished magnitude from distance and using it to find the total magnitude/energy generated.

Like I said, sure.
who told you to start cooking 😭😭

You're not accounting for the fact that earthquakes become way less powerful over distance. For example, a magnitude 8 earthquake would simulate the effects of a magnitude 5 earthquake at a distance of ~240 km. By this same token, a mag 6.5 earthquake can pass into the ionosphere, so that's the minimum needed for the yield on the other side of the world from the source of the earthquake.

These calculations work by taking a diminished magnitude from distance and using it to find the total magnitude/energy generated. In this case, the diminished magnitude from examples is 6.5 to 7.9 on the other side of the planet.

By this logic, we should use a 9.6 on the other side of the planet because the 1960 Valdivia earthquake didn't shake the atmosphere either. In fact, your logic suggests that the diminished value of all our planet-shaking calculations should be 9.6 because no earthquake in real life has shook the entire planet.
7.9 mag cause small tremors on small parts of the atmosphere around the epicenter.

Behemoth cause tremors all around the entire atmosphere not just at the epicenter meaning 7.9 is the residual magnitude outside the epicenter that should just be higher than 7.9

Still Multi-Continent level.
Yeah it will be anyways, but we have to account for the fact that even outside of the epicenter 7.9 mag effects can be seen.

7.9 mag cause small tremors on small parts of the atmosphere around the epicenter.

Behemoth cause tremors all around the entire atmosphere not just at the epicenter meaning 7.9 is the residual magnitude outside the epicenter that should just be higher than 7.9
Again, that's because you're talking about something that diminishes over distance. The minimum is 6.5, so the residual magnitude is simply greater than 6.5.

If it's at close range, you're going to get the atmospheric effects of a 6.5 earthquake.

By your logic, mag 6.5 earthquakes shouldn't even do what the article says in the first place.

It doesn't matter if the tremors were caused all around the atmosphere because the result would occur regardless since everything reaches the minimum or higher. I genuinely don't see what's so hard to understand about this.

Ok, look, here's an example.

A concrete wall takes something like 5 psi of overpressure to level a concrete wall.

Toss a 100 kt nuke at a city and it'll level almost every non-reinforced concrete wall within a 2 km radius, meaning everything within that radius matches and exceeds the effects of a 5 psi blast.

On the other hand, if you detonate 1 kt nuke, it'll only be able to break glass at a distance of 1 km away because the overpressure has diminished to 1 psi.

Do you get my meaning now? While a 6.5 earthquake couldn't shake the totality of the atmosphere (just part of it) due to distance diminishing its energy, every other part of the planet inversely exceeds a 6.5 earthquake when it comes to Behemoth's feat.

The sound waves in the atmosphere can also be heard everywhere.
Again, that's because you're talking about something that diminishes over distance. The minimum is 6.5, so the residual magnitude is simply greater than 6.5.

If it's at close range, you're going to get the atmospheric effects of a 6.5 earthquake.

By your logic, mag 6.5 earthquakes shouldn't even do what the article says in the first place.

It doesn't matter if the tremors were caused all around the atmosphere because the result would occur regardless.
What I don’t understand is that Behemoth cause effects of a greater magnitude than the 7.9 irl earthquake even outside of the epicenter going by your logic it should be at least 7.9 all around the world and getting stronger when close to the epicenter.

You're still not getting it. Please read the example I gave above your comment.

6.5/7.9 isn't the epicentre in this example. 6.5/7.9 is the absolute fringes, and every other closer point is greater than this amount of energy.

You're still not getting it. Please read the example I gave above your comment.

6.5/7.9 isn't the epicentre in this example. 6.5/7.9 is the absolute fringes, and every other closer point is greater than this amount of energy.
After all you are the CGM do it as you want I must be misunderstanding something

Btw, I'm not a CGM.

Ok. Here's another example.

You have a staircase (which is a terrible analogy since it's non-radial, but I can't think of anything better). The lowest point of the staircase is still at a higher elevation than France. So we can include that every point of the staricase is higher than France, yes?

Now you have a 6.5 earthquake (3.548134e+14 joules in total). Its radiated waves can reach the ionosphere, but it doesn't reach every segment of the ionosphere when its a singular event on its own (again, 3.548134e+14 j) that expends all of its energy outwards.

However, that changes if 6.5 is actually the lowest point of our hypothetical staircase. So every part of the staircase hypothetically exceeds 6.5 because it's not actually diminishing or the epicentre (it's the opposite, in fact), and the actual epicentre had far, far more energy initially.

Its energy isn't expanded outwards because it is the energy that has been expanded outwards, so every part of the earthquake has the same result as the 6.5's epicentre, meaning it can reach the ionosphere.

Last edited:
Btw, I'm not a CGM.

You have a staircase (which is a terrible analogy since it's non-radial, but I can't think of anything better). The lowest point of the staircase is still at a higher elevation than France. So we can include that every point of the staricase is higher than France, yes?

Now you have a 6.5 earthquake (3.548134e+14 joules in total). Its radiated waves can reach the ionosphere, but it doesn't reach every segment of the ionosphere when its a singular event on its own (again, 3.548134e+14 j) that expends all of its energy outwards.

However, that changes if 6.5 is actually the lowest point of our hypothetical staircase. So every part of the staircase hypothetically exceeds 6.5 because it's not actually diminishing or the epicentre (it's the opposite, in fact), and the actual epicentre had far, far more energy initially.

Its energy isn't expanded outwards because it is the energy that has been expanded outwards, so every part of the earthquake has the same result as the 6.5's epicentre, meaning it can reach the ionosphere.
In other words? Is the feat still impressive? Shaking a planet and atmosphere is very powerful

Btw, I'm not a CGM.

But why isn’t the lowest staircase at 7.9 and higher staircases > 7.9 in this case the behemoth apply 7.9 to the lowest staircase way outside the epicenter

Because 6.5 is the minimum needed. 7.9 is just another acceptable end.

Again, the epicentre doesn't matter.

Because 6.5 is the minimum needed. 7.9 is just another acceptable end.

Again, the epicentre doesn't matter.
The way we recognize and differenciate 6.5 and 7.9 is range and intensity of vibration.
If more energy is produced by the earthquake more of the atmosphere will be affected in our case the entirety of it is strongly affected they can ALL feel the ground and atmosphere shaking.

None of these 6.5 or even 7.9 earthquakes compete With this one in fact 6.5 mag won’t even be noticed if you were to fly across the perturbations. Pretty illogical imo to attribute the « lowest staircase » 6.5 instead of 7.9 while we have evidence showing 7.9 effects are < this earthquake’s.

I literally gave you an article telling you that you would notice a 6.5 earthquake while directly overhead because it's talking about Rayleigh waves. What you're talking about is something like a >mag 6.

Also, nothing actually says they felt the border of space shaking. They said it did shake, and a 6.5 would still do that directly overhead into the ionosphere.

And on a final note, you haven't even given me evidence for the 7.9 stuff. I provided that, and it just says the exact same thing as the 6.5 stuff.

Last edited:
Last edited:
I found another article. It says there was significant shaking in the ionosphere from a 6.9.

There. Maybe we can use that as our middle ground.

It just means DK is a different level of High 6-A yet again.

Also, this article might be a way of calculating the precise magnitude needed for that.

Edit: Also, I've found 3 different sources that give different thresholds. So we should definitely look more into this.
Is aether there only one doing the calc? Or are you going to attempt this?

i did a rough calc of the low end what you think ?

I'll use magnitudes of 6.5, 6.9 and 7.8 since those magnitudes at distance have been recorded to shake the atmosphere.

I will also be using the earthquake formula which is: (Magnitude at distance) + 6.399 + 1.66×log((r/110)×((2×π)/360)).

Low end:
6.5 as our magnitudes at distance at distance and half of earth Circumference as our distance

plug that into our formula:

(6.5)+6.399+1.66×log((20037.5÷110)×((2×π)÷360))= 13.7328648415 mag
now we use this formula10^(1.5*(mag)+4.8) to get our joules

10^(1.5*(13.7328648415)+4.8) = 2.5078252e+25joules or 5993.8460803059269892 tertons

I wonder if this calculation will be rejected due to the lack of total destruction, since light feats, black holes and KE that violate physics are placed under scrutiny.

I'll ask the other staff.

Don't get me wrong, I want this to get accepted, knew it'd be High 6-A no matter what (as I've said above) and will scream bloody murder if it's not applicable, but I want to see if it's even acceptable before I waste everyone's time posting my calculation.

Plus, there's a Dalek calculation I'm planning that may fall under the same scrutiny.

Last edited:
Don't get me wrong, I want this to get accepted, knew it'd be High 6-A no matter what (as I've said above) and will scream bloody murder if it's not applicable, but I want to see if it's even acceptable before I waste everyone's time posting my calculation.

Plus, there's a Dalek calculation I'm planning that may fall under the same scrutiny.
Did you make the calc?

I'm going to bed in a bit.

Let's not start bickering about who scales and who doesn't, or other shit (like 'this makes King's High 1-A feat valid') that doesn't have anything to do with the actual parameters of the calculation (so arguing that it should be mag 9 instead of 6.9, for example, is fine), unless/until it gets accepted. We've been through that like a billion times, especially when it came to ultimately rejected calculations like DK's tornado feat and the CBL luminosity.

I will ******* end y'all if you do.

Also, if it's accepted while I'm asleep, let's also not go making any CRTs. The current arc of this saga is incomplete.

Last edited:
Back