• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Four Knights of the Apocalypse/Nanatsu no Taizai Main Discussion Thread

Doesn't exactly counter what I said.
It says that Makai (a dimension) is filled by miasma in the latest canon chapter.
And infact I was waiting for you to bring up this point. If I still have the scan and you can even translate yourself, it's stated in the cbl novel that due to the presence of the miasma, Day and Night doesn't exist due to it blocking out the sun ( these aren't the exact words).
In order for the eye to see there must be reflection of light. If there is 0% of light nothing can be seen at all. We know for a fact that Makai isn’t a pitch black space where you can’t see shit.

That also doesn't seem conclusive enough for it to have entirely returned given the preface of 'they say'. It might just be an outdated legend by that point (though, I don't actually believe that's the case, so don't crucify me).

Let's actually wait until the chapters come out before we start jumping the gun.
The chapter came out already, okay let’s just wait even though I think it’s pretty straightforward

My mistake, I thought we were up to 104.

I guess the Saint Coat is conclusive enough, but we still have no idea why it's back.

In order for the eye to see there must be reflection of light. If there is 0% of light nothing can be seen at all. We know for a fact that Makai isn’t a pitch black space where you can’t see shit.
And with the miasma clouds being star ranged and paired with the statement in the cbl, it wouldn't make sense for light to pass through or even reflect through another medium because we shouldn't be able to see it through the miasma

In this context, The Miasma is only a low hanging gas.

Also idk if this is the statement but you can have a look at it

I still strongly disagree with them scaling at all because they used Goddess magic to counter it.

But, I guess go ahead with the calc.

I personally don't think KE works, though. If they just spread the cloud, it wouldn't be gone.
We don’t know for sure what magic was used but it can still be calc and be a huge upgrade.

We don’t know for sure what magic was used but it can still be calc and be a huge upgrade.
We pretty much know it for a fact in context.

Zeldris says it's impossible for them to do it, no matter how powerful they are, and a demon says they have a strange power emanating off them.

It's then revealed that the strange power is goddess magic.

Who is going to calc this? Use the calculation request thread

Zeldris says it's impossible for them to do it, no matter how powerful they are, and a demon says they have a strange power emanating off them.

Thats fine but they were still able to do it and it should scale to their ap and probably Durability which would make CBL Meliodas and Zeldris possibly high 6a and likely 5c

Any progress?

Not really. The goddess magic would just have to be superior to the durability of the miasma they cleared.

And with the miasma clouds being star ranged and paired with the statement in the cbl, it wouldn't make sense for light to pass through or even reflect through another medium because we shouldn't be able to see it through the miasma

In this context, The Miasma is only a low hanging gas.

Also idk if this is the statement but you can have a look at it
The statement just says that even during day Makai seems dark.

it also says that the golden light emanate from something sacred maybe it’s a magic that dispelled the miasma

Not really. The goddess magic would just have to be superior to the durability of the miasma they cleared.
That’s not how the magic works it still has to be strong enough to remove planet wise miasma and that scales to to durability and attack potency since they still have the same strength.

That’s not how the magic works it still has to be strong enough to remove planet wise miasma
That's assuming they did it instantly. If they did it all simultaneously, I'd agree.
and that scales to to durability and attack potency since they still have the same strength.
Zeldris literally says it doesn't matter how strong they are, so I don't know what to tell you at this point.

That's assuming they did it instantly. If they did it all simultaneously, I'd agree.

Zeldris literally says it doesn't matter how strong they are, so I don't know what to tell you at this point.
Yeah but the fact that it was cleared out by magic should allow it to scale to ap regardless because in nnt magic can be used as ap.

Yeah but the fact that it was cleared out by magic should allow it to scale to ap regardless because in nnt magic can be used as ap.
I'm not saying it isn't AP.

I'm saying it doesn't scale to their AP since it's the nature of SD's Goddess magic, and the AP of the magic in this instance would only have to be greater than that of the clouds' durability if they just went around clearing them.

I'm not saying it isn't AP.

I'm saying it doesn't scale to their AP since it's the nature of SD's Goddess magic, and the AP of the magic in this instance would only have to be greater than that of the clouds' durability if they just went around clearing them.
Goddess magic only counters darkness not natural miasma. Also that world speak with wonders for the SD providing them that power boost if that were the case. And they were still the same strength so it should scale to their normal ap. Also are you going to make profiles for the six knights of black?

Goddess magic only counters darkness not natural miasma.
Bullshit.

Firstly, there's no established difference. Darkness is called miasma in the series.

Secondly, I already gave Zeldris' statement that it doesn't matter how powerful they are. Clearly it counters miasma as a whole.
Also that world speak with wonders for the SD providing them that power boost if that were the case.
It's the nature of her magic.
And they were still the same strength so it should scale to their normal ap.
You keep repeating this with no evidence, while I've given evidence to the contrary.
Also are you going to make profiles for the six knights of black?
No.

Bullshit.

Firstly, there's no established difference. Darkness is called miasma in the series.

Secondly, I already gave Zeldris' statement that it doesn't matter how powerful they are. Clearly it counters miasma as a whole.

It's the nature of her magic.

You keep repeating this with no evidence, while I've given evidence to the contrary.

No.
That scan is not canon to the series. Well we haven’t seen them using light magic which would be extremely useful against Zeldris and Meliodas so cheat hope probably didn’t give them goddess power it never done that in the series. Again the magic needs to be powerful enough to clear the planet wise miasma it’s not like a low ranking goddess can do it.

That scan is not canon to the series.
Yes it is in terms of lore info.

It's extremely suspicious how you're dismissing this now all of a sudden (in this context, anyway) when you've always agreed to it in the past.
Well we haven’t seen them using light magic which would be extremely useful against Zeldris and Meliodas so cheat hope probably didn’t give them goddess power
Oh my ******* god, Zeldris' statement exists.
it never done that in the series.
They were utterly brainwashed puppets. This is different from Deathpierce and co.
Again the magic needs to be powerful enough to clear the planet wise miasma it’s not like a low ranking goddess can do it.
No it doesn't. It just has to be greater than the durability (and not even that, considering that light magic can harm more durable peeps) whatever segment they clear if it happened over time.

Last edited:
Yes it is in terms of lore info.

It's extremely suspicious how you're dismissing this now all of a sudden (in this context, anyway) when you've always agreed to it in the past.

Oh my ******* god, Zeldris' statement exists.

They were utterly brainwashed puppets. This is different from Deathpierce and co.

No it doesn't. It just has to be greater than the durability (and not even that, considering that light magic can harm more durable peeps) whatever segment they clear if it happened over time.
Why do you assume natural miasma has durability that’s just conjecture and straw man. The magic amp them and allowed them to clear the planet wide miasma their power plus light amp allowed them to do it so possibly or likely high 6a likely 5c can work. Also the same magic was used in their attacks against Meliodas and Zeldris.

It's not conjecture. It's how that works in the series. Light magic can overcome weaker amounts of darkness.

That's not what a straw man is. No offence, but just don't use it if you don't know how to apply it properly.

You're still assuming it happened instantly. We don't know if it did.

It wasn't the amp. It was the fact that it was Goddess Magic.

They didn't blast them with light magic (which Makai says is golden light in the novel) at any point. And it wouldn't even matter to the argument because it's still dependent on them scaling to the entirety of the feat.

Now I'm ducking out of this conversation. I planned to have the changes started by now, and I'm overdue because I've been arguing all morning.

Screenshot_20230423-182051_Chrome.jpg

Now I'm ducking out of this conversation. I planned to have the changes started by now, and I'm overdue because I've been arguing all morning.
Quick question since Grey Demon Hendrickson casually one shot and blitz the cast including Gilthunder shouldn’t he be 7a and sub relativistic.

We don't upscale speed, and it's a bit too much for AP (almost a 40% upscale).
So if a mhs plus character gets perception blitz multiple times and one shot casually that’s not enough for an upscale the same thing happened to the cast and they thought he was unbeatable.

Even doubling Meliodas and Gilthunder's new speed isn't enough for sub-relativistic, so yes.

Back