• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Four Knights of the Apocalypse/Nanatsu no Taizai Main Discussion Thread

Let's take Gilthunder, for example.

His magic is categorised under the type that amplifies his weapon strength 10-fold.

He can already harm Meliodas to the point of making him bleed without using weaponry (as can Guila and ******* Ruin), so imagine what'd happen if his attack potency was amped 10-fold by a weapon?

Not only that, but all the Holy Knights in the series wield Sacred Treasures. So it's this 10x amp + a boost from the Sacred Treasure.
We know for a fact that Meli held back massively against Gil
+ Gil never fought without weaponry iirc
I don’t see why it wouldn’t be pretty logical

And not everyone has Destroyer type which is rare(iirc)

There's different categories and the amps are usually 2-3×

And what you're saying is under the presumption that they have infact ever shown to use magic enchanted weapons. This is why I was trying to push that we apply it when it's visibly shown

Again, weaker people can make him bleed.

But if you want an example, here. Holding back doesn't mean suppressing durability (which isn't really possible).

Not only that, but he's consistently took hits from Meliodas and Hendrickson. Are Meliodas and Hendrickson 10x weaker than Gilthunder's durability?
We know for a fact that Meli held back massively against Gil
+ Gil never fought without weaponry iirc
I don’t see why it wouldn’t be pretty logical
Really? Because he said the opposite.

Last edited:

But if you want an example, here. Holding back doesn't mean suppressing durability (which isn't really possible).
Pretty sure He is stated to be able to lower his durability

Not only that, but he's consistently took hits from Meliodas and Hendrickson. Are Meliodas and Hendrickson 10x weaker than Gilthunder's durability?
The enchantment isn’t amping Durability

Which is contradicted by Meli being able to fight for an extended period of time against people dwarfing Gil’s stats

Pretty sure He is stated to be able to lower his durability
1 example?
The enchantment isn’t amping Durability
I didn't say it was. AP and striking strength consistently scale at least somewhat, especially for Meliodas and Hendrickson, who've matched and attacked Gilthunder.
Which is contradicted by Meli being able to fight for an extended period of time against people dwarfing Gil’s stats
Which isn't, because Gilthunder has a Sacred Treasure-like weapon.

Only in 4KoTA, though.

For example, if he appears and pulls out a sword, claiming it's 10x stronger due to magic, then that's fine for a 4KoTA Meliodas key.

1 example?
Chapter 99 it is explained that He render himself defenseless in front of attacks to charge more energy for things li
I didn't say it was. AP and striking strength consistently scale at least somewhat, especially for Meliodas and Hendrickson, who've matched and attacked Gilthunder.
Then i don’t see a problem Meli attacking him without the intention to kill and to follow his plan With Gil doesn’t invalidate Gil’s 2 to 3x multiplier He Would harm them more with a weapon And they Would harm him more with enchantments that’s all
Which isn't, because Gilthunder has a Sacred Treasure-like weapon.
So is sacred treasure Gil on par with Hendrikson ? Or was Meli the one who could handle him

He really doesn't need to claim its 10× stronger for us to conclude its 10× stronger tho?
Exactly
Only in 4KoTA, though.

For example, if he appears and pulls out a sword, claiming it's 10x stronger due to magic, then that's fine for a 4KoTA Meliodas key.
Anyway it would still be wild since they will have large country level to continental ap. Can we use Meliodas statement of the 4koa being comparable to the sins to upgrade them? It’s also makes sense sins Lancelot was rendered to the same strength of the mid series sins

Chapter 99 it is explained that He render himself defenseless in front of attacks to charge more energy for things li
That's not dropping his durability. That's lowering his guard (i.e not blocking) and dispelling any magic, like Full Counter. Even then, he was getting pelted by all the Sins and Hendrickson, yet he survived.

Also, he wasn't using Revenge Counter against Gilthunder. In fact, he did the exact opposite at one point and concentrated all his magic and senses.
Then i don’t see a problem Meli attacking him without the intention to kill and to follow his plan With Gil doesn’t invalidate Gil’s 2 to 3x multiplier He Would harm them more with a weapon And they Would harm him more with enchantments that’s all
But he explicitly said he did after the fight and after all the deception was lifted, so a problem is already arising.

It's not 2 to 3x, it's 10x.

They don't need to use the same enchantments. Their fists also work.
So is sacred treasure Gil on par with Hendrikson ? Or was Meli the one who could handle him
All of them were on par with each other according to Gowther.

That's not dropping his durability. That's lowering his guard (i.e not blocking) and dispelling any magic, like Full Counter. Even then, he was getting pelted by all the Sins and Hendrickson, yet he survived.

Also, he wasn't using Revenge Counter against Gilthunder. In fact, he did the exact opposite at one point and concentrated all his magic and senses.

But he explicitly said he did after the fight and after all the deception was lifted, so a problem is already arising.

It was a 3v1 before Meliodas went down so Meliodas was stronger than Gilthunder.

Meliodas did not use demon mark or wraith on Gilthunder so he was holding back. Meliodas did way better against weaken grey demon Hendrickson than Gilthunder did. Also weaken grey demon Hendrickson blitz Gilthunder so does that affect the scaling chain?

Gowther explicitly says they're all equal while fighting, and Meliodas only needs to be faster/more skilled (that's literally in your thread, IIRC) to evade them.

Also, here's another instance of Gil casually harming Mel.
Meliodas did not use demon mark or wraith on Gilthunder so he was holding back.
He did, actually. Just not during the entire fight.

You could say that about most of the opponents in this phase of the series. Fact is, he can go full power without using Demon Mark.
Meliodas did way better against weaken grey demon Hendrickson than Gilthunder did.
Gilthunder never really fought Hendrickson (he just got hit once), and Meliodas barely did any damage without Demon Mark. In fact, in this fight alone Gilthunder fries Meliodas.
Also weaken grey demon Hendrickson blitz Gilthunder so does that affect the scaling chain?
Not much, because even Mel needed Demon Mark to intercept it.

He render himself defenseless can be interpretated otherwise
  • Revenge Counter「リベンジ・カウンター, Ribenji Kauntā」: Meliodas turns off his abilities so that he can take damage. After Meliodas has taken enough damage, he charges his blade with power and strikes his enemy with it. This is considered to be Meliodas' ultimate attack. When Meliodas used Revenge Counter against Hendrickson, Gowther stated that he had a survival chance of 0.2%. This ability is reminiscent of the Original Demon's power, Crisis.
All that is said is that He consciously allow the attacks to do as much damage as possible

He anyway wasn’t there to kill handled them 3v1 And was able to fight an opp far stronger than Gil

iirc 10x is the max
They’ll do far more damage with a weapon

I’m talking about demon hendrikson

BTW Meli did use DM only once to stop an attack And He did so with his bare hands while being casual him being serious is invalidated there

Gowther explicitly says they're all equal while fighting, and Meliodas only needs to be faster/more skilled (that's literally in your thread, IIRC) to evade them.

Also, here's another instance of Gil casually harming Mel.

He did, actually. Just not during the entire fight.

You do realise he can go full power without using Demon Mark?

Gilthunder never really fought Hendrickson (he just got hit once), and Meliodas barely did any damage without Demon Mark. In fact, in this fight alone Gilthunder fries Meliodas.

Not much, because even Mel needed Demon Mark to intercept it.
Yea but he wasn’t actually at full power he didn’t use his wraith form. Yes but weakens grey demon Hendrickson still stomped Gilthunder. And yes Meliodas still blitzed weaken Hendrickson

He render himself defenseless can be interpretated otherwise
And I'm disagreeing with that interpretation. But, even if it's correct, as I explained Meliodas still tanked a ton of attacks from all the Sins, Holy Knights and Grey Hendrickson. It is not substantial.
All that is said is that He consciously allow the attacks to do as much damage as possible
Which is exactly what lowering your guard to get hit does, lmao.
He anyway wasn’t there to kill handled them 3v1 And was able to fight an opp far stronger than Gil
These are arguments I've literally just addressed.
iirc 10x is the max
And Gilthunder's lightning magic is the maximum.
They’ll do far more damage with a weapon
Which is irrelevant to the point.
I’m talking about demon hendrikson
Then no. But, Meliodas couldn't handle him either. Even Diane with Gideon and King couldn't actually harm him.
BTW Meli did use DM only once to stop an attack And He did so with his bare hands while being casual him being serious is invalidated there
It isn't. He hardly ever used Demon Mark during the series at that point.
Yea but he wasn’t actually at full power he didn’t use his wraith form. Yes but weakens grey demon Hendrickson still stomped Gilthunder. And yes Meliodas still blitzed weaken Hendrickson
I literally just addressed all these points.

Last edited:
And I'm disagreeing with that interpretation. But, even if it's correct, as I explained Meliodas still tanked a ton of attacks from all the Sins, Holy Knights and Grey Hendrickson.

Which is exactly what lowering your guard to get hit does, lmao.

Anyway, these are literally arguments I've addressed.

And Gilthunder's lightning magic is the maximum.

Which is irrelevant to the point.

Then no. But, Meliodas couldn't handle him either. Even Diane with Gideon and King couldn't actually harm him.

It isn't. He hardly ever used Demon Mark during the series.

I literally just addressed all these points.
Well Meliodas is still stronger than Gilthunder. Simple

I'm suggesting your arguments lead to that conclusion.
Why my arguments? Helbram had the strength of 20 holy knights and still couldn’t beat wraith Meliodas without an amp from Hendrickson which makes no sense since Hendrickson has trouble with fatigued base Meliodas with 2 other people helping him.

Yes, with your arguments, because Gilthunder with the supposed 10x lightning amp and a Sacred Treasure can fight on par with Meliodas while he’s using a normal/broken weapon and not amping it.

I’m glad you see why this amp doesn’t work.

I’ve decided not to go to bed, btw, because I still don’t have any luck finding the Elizabeth fight.

Can anyone tell me if Elizabeth even fought Meliodas before the Holy War?

I’ve decided not to go to bed, btw, because I still don’t have any luck finding the Elizabeth fight.

Can anyone tell me if Elizabeth even fought Meliodas before the Holy War?
Meliodas and Elizabeth did fight in the past remember bloody ellie. She damaged him so badly that he told his father never let your guard down against her. Read the DK Zeldris arc.

Really? Because he said the opposite.
he wasn't even bleeding also wasn't he getting jumped

He was, you can see a droplet. Same with this scan.

Also, both Ruin and Guila have made him bleed, despite being weaker than Gil.

Why would getting jumped matter? Does your durability lower 10-fold when you’re taken by surprise? Is it easier to bleed when jumped? Are they in Dragon Ball?

Last edited:
Back