• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Flowey being unable to defeat Asgore

It's stated on Asgore's profile that Flowey couldn't have defeated Asgore without LOVE, using his OF fight intro monologue as proof of it as he says "Without you, I never could have gotten past him". However, what he means is much more likely to be that he literally couldn't go past Asgore as the barrier is there and Asgore never revealed the human souls to him. Without a monster and a human soul, he would be forced to stop there regardless of what course of actions he took.

The thing about monsters is that their defence drops greatly when they no longer have the will to fight, letting you one-shot them (with damage easily going over quintuple digits later in the game). While you normally can't do that with Asgore, Flowey has the advantage of being Asriel. Nothing would have stopped him from simply acting out a heartfelt reunion and then stabbing him in the back.

Plus that bit of monologue doesn't say anything about LOVE.

While this is unlikely to change any tier placement, it is something that bothers me.

It doesn't matter because they are sealed underground where he can't reach them until Asgore reveals them in preparation for Frisk's death

He did say that he killed everyone and yet he never left the Underground

Fair enough, I guess. I've always wondered why ashore didn't just absorb 1 human soul then go through the barrier and grab 6 more human souls

Back