• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fix Verse Equalization

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Bambu

Those scans tell me nothing except that Oven hasn't been keeping up with thread discussions.

All equalization does is allow interaction between energies to avoid things like "only sage chakra can harm me". What he's arguing and what the op is arguing was rejected right there like 3 weeks ago.

All this stems from passive effects, and I can link like 6 different discussions on this and none of them add anything new.

https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/3351962

See my new post. If that's how you think Verse Equalization works, then it doesn't work. Change Reiryoku to Chakra, then change the context to Gejutsu? Bam. Goku is immune to Genjutsu because Chi and Chakra aren't the same thing. Almost like we didn't equalize it despite us saying we did. Hm. Maybe your method is really shitty.

Edit: Lemme do it for you.

"Why can't Genjutsu work on Goku?" "Because goku doesn't have Chakra. He has KI which [is work] differently than Chakra and did not grant the same abilities as Chakra.

Energy can be similar in name/nature/whatever wont make them 100% similar, like i said, if they are so similar why no one have 'Ki based Mind manipulation where they manipulate the Ki in the brain to do it' on the verse."

Your grammar is bad.

It's not how I think it works. It's literally how it's always worked and what was clarified upon by staff. It's not my problem you're tilted lol. They also talked about removing it in the thread I linked which i'm sure you didn't bother opening at all. They decided that the current method is okay. Which is equalization up to interaction because it has the less issues.

1. Because why? we debate fictional chars that cannot interact with each anyway
As I said above its the optimal way of doing it, keep their original abilities intact, this is not some jokebattles wiki where you can get away with giving them free powers via literally give em reiatsu

2. What ur point? no one like Goku or have similar power to him exist in bleach, Goku doesn't use Reiatsu as his power source, he use KI which dint gave u all the thing Reiatsu gave u

Well, at least 3 staff ageee with me now, saying that what you think should be the case is wrong. Just because it's in the rules now doesn't mean it should stay that way. That's what CRTs are for, love!

Amexim said:
Well, at least 3 staff ageee with me now, saying that what you think should be the case is wrong. Just because it's in the rules now doesn't mean it should stay that way. That's what CRTs are for, love!
For the record I'm still neutral. I'm willing to be convinced if literally anything is shown one way or another. My current task is keeping you guys from continuing the classroom rampage this CRT was awhile back.

@Sigurd I don't care if it was rejected three weeks ago, three years ago or three hours ago. Stuff changes. Give me the proof and I will be convinced. It isn't much to ask.

From what I remember of the previous thread regarding the topic, the consensus was that verse equalization should only allow two energies or power systems to interact with each other, not literally become the same thing so that they gain properties of the other power system. I am not sure if this was officially accepted tho

Either way, under this idea, people aren't going to get abilities of another power system with only the lack of knowledge preventing them from using them, they aren't going to get the abilities period, the powers their own system grants is what has to substitute for the powers of the other system, and that's what can be allowed under verse equalization

Verse/Energy Equalization doesn't grant Resistances nor new Abilities/Powers as it was discussed in the previous thread about Verse/Energy Equalization.

Reiryoku in Bleach has the passive ability of Reiatsu and grants Soul Resistance. Under our current rules of Verse/Energy Equalization, you would be immune to the physical effects of Reiatsu that are AP based (the disintegration effect), but not the esoteric effects such as the hax ability of Soul Manipulation.

However, you also do not get Soul Resistance because equalization does not grant you new abilities.

It's solely meant to allow energies to interact.

1. The best way to have characters fight is to blatantly ignore the implications of their powers being in the same universe and let things that wouldn't happen otherwise occur? Whilst you make their speed equal for "the sake of fairness"? Yeah, totally not changing anything about the characters to make the fight doable and actually arguable. We never do that.

2. My point is that you can't claim that you're against making the energies function the same when they logically should, and be against "fanfiction joke battles power additions", and ALSO say that you're ok with ignoring the fact that they're not the same energy and making them interact with each other when that very idea is "fanfiction nonsense" because they're not the same energy and wouldn't interact with each other. Nevermind the idea that vs battles in fanfictiony in and of itself.

Pick one. Verse Equalization or no verse Equalization. You can't have them both. People on your side are trying to balance these ideas just so they can have the hax of some verses take out enemies and winning fights they have no business winning whilst the other verses can't fight back even when they should be able to. Like with Nen.

@Bambu

You keep saying give me the proof but I have no idea what you're asking me for in terms of proof. This thread overall is about something the wiki does regarding battles. And the wiki had a clear consensus so yes it does matter especially.

If you or your trusted friend have an issue with how Bleach treats it's abilities make a proper thread stating why it's wrong.

@IMade The suggestion does not seem to be about soul resistance being randomly given. It is about the ability having a weakness in the form of a caveat that makes it so it does not need to be resisted.

@Sigurd Literally any proof for literally any thing you've said concerning how it works in Bleach for a start. If you want to convince me, which seems to be the case given how everybody keeps demanding I acknowledge their viewpoint as the correct one, send some scans or something.

For the second time. I do not care about Bleach. I have no intention in becoming ingratiated in the mighty halls of Bleach culture. My goal is to babysit because that is apparently needed.

Andy, the problem now is that people blatantly ignore how the verse mechanics that come from verse Equalization work. The energies can't interact if, even when they can do the same things to defend against the Hax, it doesn't matter because it's a different energy.

In HxH, you can avoid Death Hax by protecting yourself in your Chi/Aura Shroud. In HxH this is called "Ten". Despite the fact that, Goku for example, literally does that same process, he can't defend himself from hax that is defended by doing the SAME process, just because "the energies are different". This isn't about gaining resistances. It's about ignoring the weaknesses of the powers used based on the fact that they're from different worlds regardless of how that works. That's not Verse Equalization man. By this logic, Goku would also be unable to see Nen attacks, which are invisible, even though apparently even Toriyama says that Ki was supposed to be Invisible unless is high concentrations. Like Chakra. By this logic, Nemo can't see Nen even with the Byakugan, because the Byakugan only lets him see Chakra, not Nen/Chi or Dragon Ball Ki. It's ridiculous. The energies work almost exactly the same, but they can't do shit together. You call that "being able to interact with each other"?

1. No because to do that u need to give em the exact energy of their opponent and that will be creating fanfic and u ended up with chars who have different abilities than what they can do. what the point give em power and abilities in their profile if that will change each time they fight diff character

2. I can because they are works differently and give diff advantage, no energy give you abilities like Nen does in bleach or like chakra, u dont need chakra nature to learn how to use diff element in bleach, just learn Kido spell duh and thats is already put other verse with strong energy at disadvantage because their char will gain nothing from energy equalize while the other verse will have all sorf od news powers they never show to have and as I said above, energy equalization only make diff energy can interact with each other is an optimal way of doing thing, Its simple, doesn't give unreasonable powers and wont put verse to a disadvantage or gave em advantage each time they fighting diff verse.

Andytrenom said:
From what I remember of the previous thread regarding the topic, the consensus was that verse equalization should only allow two energies or power systems to interact with each other, not literally become the same thing so that they gain properties of the other power system. I am not sure if this was officially accepted tho

Either way, under this idea, people aren't going to get abilities of another power system with only the lack of knowledge preventing them from using them, they aren't going to get the abilities period, the powers their own system grants is what has to substitute for the powers of the other system, and that's what can be allowed under verse equalization
Seconding this. But pointing out that I think this also means that any character with a Reiatsu-equivalent of a sufficient potency wouldn't get Reiatsu crushed, since Reiatsu crush would treat the other user as having X Reiatsu, and hence be incapable of crushing them.

@Agnaa To my knowledge the latter bit of your comment is sort of the point, yes. It isn't about arbitrarily granting resistances, it's about not meeting the requirements to be crushed.

Agnaa said:
Seconding this. But pointing out that I think this also means that any character with a Reiatsu-equivalent of a sufficient potency wouldn't get Reiatsu crushed, since Reiatsu crush would treat the other user as having X Reiatsu, and hence be incapable of crushing them.
I second this as well.

@Agnaa Don't actually know Bleach so I'll use Undertale, I think if there is a thing in another verse where your soul has to directly grow in power and repel things aimed towards it, the UT soul attacks wouldn't work against a stronger opponent

So you agree with what I am saying Agnaa? Because I agree with your last statement.

@Mach

1. You literally contradict yourself at every turn. Do we Verse Equalize or not? Saying that Naruto characters can Genjutsu things that aren't other Naruto characters is adding capabilities too ya know.

2. They can't interact with each other if they don't ever interact with each other. You don't understand. Please stop.

Exactly what scan that you want? Scan of reiatsu can affect the soul? or scan of chars with reiatsu will have resistance to soul hax?

@Bambu Yeah, I'm just trying to frame it in a way that's intuitive to me.

@Amexim I didn't read a huge amount of your posts but I think I agree. My position is the one I stated, and if you agree with it, then we agree.

Amexim said:
1. You literally contradict yourself at every turn. Do we Verse Equalize or not? Saying that Naruto characters can Genjutsu things that aren't other Naruto characters is adding capabilities too ya know.

2. They can't interact with each other if they don't ever interact with each other. You don't understand. Please stop.
1.In what way? my point is always to just make their energy interact without give them the energy itself, because if you do that you will give em free powers and resistance

2. Wut? verse equal make em can interact with each other but that's all.

1 & 2. what you don't get is that the rules are set up in a way that stops them from interacting with each other properly, and that sometimes you have to act like they have the same energies in order to have them interact, because often times energies interact with only the same kind.

1 & 2. What do you mean by that, verse equal make 2 energy can interact but not give them the energy, As I said above reiatsu will give u multiple abilities to someone and they don't need to learn how to use those abilities, they only need to have a reiatsu, That's better than give them the energy because in that chase their powers will change from verse to verse, they can literally gain dozen of new abilities via fighting verse A or gain nothing via fighting verse B.

I don't think we need to act like they're the same in order for them to interact, although there are verses in which abilities don't work when the opponent is stronger, so I guess it would still protect them? Sounds case by case, honestly.

Okay, I have read most of the thread now.

Nen's mechanics are a bit more complicated and probably looser to equalize, considering the way it works it's like any chi/aura ability in fiction.

But Reiatsu Crush IS soulhax and having a similar energy (not equal because verse equalization is a lie) does not help against it. The argument that it relies on power is also untrue. Tatsuki doesn't scale to Mountain+ because she resisted, the same with Orihime ignoring the effects of the God Tiers. You need resistance or you're done for. This is simple.

The proof of this one being legit were already provided by IMade in the previous threads. Saying that there's no proof or just ignoring them changes nothing and I hope people will understand.

Mach, wtf? Are you tryna escalate? Because you don't want that. I'm saying the same shit over and over again to you and you're still not getting it.

@Causality

He was, via standing next her as stated by Ulquiorra.

Aizen was also amazed she was able to stand near him and keep her form. He was walking around disintegrating people, and destroying souls.

Amexim said:
Mach, wtf? Are you tryna escalate? Because you don't want that. I'm saying the same shit over and over again to you and you're still not getting it.
I also have said the same thing and why that's is better, Its better that way than to give them multiple new abilities via fighting difference verse with each verse will make them more hax or less hax depend on said verse energy, you're the one who still not getting it.

And Calaca, the problem that I have with your second point is that that it ignores the fact that irrelevant to it being Soul hax, it still has its limitations. You seem to be prioritizing the hax going to the soul before whether or not the hax would even apply or activate. If we properly equalized Reiatsu and Reiryoku, Goku, for example, would have the equivalent of such a High Reiryoku thing that the top tiers of Bleach couldn't affect him with Reiatsu Crush. If we ignore the limitations of that ability due to this rule, isn't that unfair?

The Causality said:
Wait.
Tatsuki resist to Soul Absorption, since what Yami does is Soul Absorption but Yami didn't used Soul Crush.
His soul crust is short range, it only affect tatsuki after yammy getting close to her because he was impressed with her ability to survive his soul suck

If you do that, Goku will literally have soul crust on his own lmao, talking about unfair scenario here because the other verse get free powers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back