• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fix Verse Equalization

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rule of energy interactions doesnt give u new resistance

>lets 100% equalized the energy because they look similar

This is already fail because some verse can give u extra abilities than the other verse despite both of these verse energy have spiritual origi. If Ki is so similar with reiatsu, why there are no KI crust, Magic crust and yada2.

The interaction rule is to stop things like "I can only be harmed by this type of thing". You still think resisting the soul crush means you're equal in strength. This argument falls apart with people like Orihime who hangs around vastly power people all the time.

1. Yammy's soul suck didn't even bother her.

2. She can hang around Ulquiorra, when she ascended to the roof with Uryu she described his energy as a literal ocean.

3. She can hang around Yhwach and Ichigo during their final bout whilst they were throwing their energy around like crazy.

According to you she must be equal to them in stats.

It isn't resistance. If I am led to understand this correctly, this is a weakness of the power. It is less effective against those of equal or greater strength in this particular form of energy.

Claiming this is giving some form of resistance would be like giving a ten million ton tank resistance to telekinesis if it wasn't moved by a guy with telekinesis of Class 5. It's just maintaining greater energy that negates the power, no resistance required.

Sigurd Snake in The Eye said:
According to you she must be equal to them in stats.
No. Resistance is also a valid means of undermining this. It's just being > or = in power is also a means to not be affected. Like I said, that's just a weakness of the power in this circumstance. Don't portray it as anything else.

Mr. Bambu said:
It isn't resistance. If I am led to understand this correctly, this is a weakness of the power. It is less effective against those of equal or greater strength in this particular form of energy.
Claiming this is giving some form of resistance would be like giving a ten million ton tank resistance to telekinesis if it wasn't moved by a guy with telekinesis of Class 5. It's just maintaining greater energy that negates the power, no resistance required.
Except this is wrong, it's not a weakness it has nothing to do with power at all.

Explain how having lesser effects against those with similar levels of power isn't a weakness.

Paulo.junior.969 said:
We can classify it as however we like. Revisions happen. Shit gets changed once we put more consideration into it. In this instance, I've been told it is something along the lines of this stuff. Which isn't resistance. It's just an inability of the power to outweigh that of one's enemy. Of course, resisting can also negate this. It's just resistance isn't always needed.

Mr. Bambu said:
Explain how having lesser effects against those with similar levels of power isn't a weakness.
Because like I said it's not about power.

A 10-A human withstood a city wide soul stuck and laying on the ground next to a 7-A getting her soul crushed. Does this mean she's comparable to them in spiritual level? no.

Mr. Bambu said:
Because everyone with reiatsu have resistance to soul manip, tatsuki can survive from an actual soul hax via that (no, thats not soul crust) while other chars is completely unaffected by it.

Also worth mentioning that Zushi's Fear Manip worked on Killua before he learned how to control his Nen even tho Killua is much stronger.

@Sigurd Yet it is ostensibly about the capacity of one's soul energy. If another verse sets up a similar system, and soul energy or chi or whatever you'd like to call it, increases as they gain potency, so it's a sort of 1:1 system, then they would survive.

@MachTwo what are you even talking about tho

It's either we Verse equalize properly or we don't. We can't say powers that wouldn't work on anyone outside of their verse due to the mechanics of their energies would work on everyone with different energies, and then turn around and say those different energies do not help defend against those powers when they logically should. Stand Equalization isn't even something that makes sense. Unless you have a general "see all things invisible" ability, you shouldn't be able to see Stands period because you need to be a stand user to do so. Unless you're able to be considered spiritually aware in Bleach, you seeing things that are invisible isn't the same as you seeing super natural things invisible to the naked eye. Context is key.

Cosmos vs Ki is something that should be discussed, but it's an exception to this proposal, not the standard. Genjutsu shouldn't be usable on anyone who doesn't have Chakra or a Chakra pathway to manipulate their brain with. And if we do, people who can do the exact same method of releasing their Genjutsu by disrupting their Chakra flow in a DBZ energy burst should be able to break out of it. Because those are the rules of the power itself. We can't have some rules work and not use others of the same power.

reiatsu is soul hax, the reason why it wont work on weaker being because everyone with reiatsu have resistance to soul manip, and tatsuki who have slightly above reiatsu than normal human can survive from soul hax (not reiatsu crust but other form of soul hax in the verse) while other chars is completely unaffected by it.

Paulo. Zushi's Fear Manip working that way is exactly the point. The reason and situations where that hax would apply are applicable only to people who can't Shroud themselves in Chi/Nen and/or are not Chi/Energy users. In a verse that works exactly the same as HxH, or has Aura shrouds that work close enough, they should be able to protect themselves from that function of Nen just like any other Nen user. Because they're not just doing exactly what Nen users do to stop it, but in Verse Equalization, and depending on the similarities of the Chi Powers, they ARE Nen users.

Heavens Feel said:
what a waste of everyones time again.
What a helpful comment, one that totally lacks any edge and completely useless sentiments of not wanting to be here.

If you'd rather not argue about giant wastes of time, perhaps this wiki is not for you. If you would like to contribute, feel free. Now then, I just need to wait for you fellows to translate this ***** into non-specific-anime-talk.

Amexim said:
Paulo. Zushi's Fear Manip working that way is exactly the point. The reason and situations where that hax would apply are applicable only to people who can't Shroud themselves in Chi/Nen and/or are not Chi/Energy users. In a verse that works exactly the same as HxH, or has Aura shrouds that work close enough, they should be able to protect themselves from that function of Nen just like any other Nen user. Because they're not just doing exactly what Nen users do to stop it, but in Verse Equalization, and depending on the similarities of the Chi Powers, they ARE Nen users.
Bambu's argument was "having lesser effects against those with similar levels of power"; Killua is much stronger, yet it worked, so I really want to know where this "having lesser effects against those with similar levels of power" came from; it has nothing to do with "levels of power", it has to do with whether you can control Nen or not.

That's the same argument Paulo. It isn't about Attack Potency, it's about potency of a certain brand of energy you possess. In this case, soul-power in one of its many names and forms.

Also, just because Tatsuki has resistance to Soul Manipulation from Soul Succ, and above average Reiryoku, that doesn't make Reiatsu Crush a Soul Manipulation phenomena. What's worse, her having high Reiryoku, or High Spiritual Power/Energy/AP or high enough to resist a weak attack like that— it points more to the argument that characters with comparable traits would be comparatively resistant to that type of phenomena or RATHER the attacks and Reiatsu Crushing and similar phenomena in question have the weakness of being unable to affect sufficiently powerful targets. My power not working on you doesn't mean you resist my power. It means my power isn't strong enough to work on you. To assume that you'll have a weakness to my power, which normally doesn't work on targets like you, is unfair.

In some cases it is, in some cases it isn't. Like I said, from what the situation has been described to me as, it rather works like this. Which doesn't require resistance to be unaffected by.

Look, I don't understand what fanfiction has to do with this? Power mimicry has been a thing for the longest time. Medaka, Novel Kars, and others can use Rasengan if they wanted to and no one bats an eye. That's because verse equalization.

Now we take that logic and put it to energies. Sure, if the verse never had a reiatsu equivalent in the first place, it gets crushed. But if there is an equivalent, the mechanics should apply.

@Amexim It may be useful if you can possibly separate your walls of text into two or three demi-walls of text, yes? Easier to read. Just a suggestion.

@Heavens Feel I'll stop removing your comments whenever you've got something to contribute, hombre. For everyone else, any comment meant to antagonize or attack some other user on the thread is being removed. Beginning and end of it. I don't care if you're tired of the subject matter. If you've conclusively debunked this in the past, get the same debunk. If not, make a new one. If you can't contribute at all, don't speak. End of story.

I don't know how the situation was described, but it doesn't have anything to do with "levels of power", it has to do with whether or not you can control Nen. I really don't know what "levels of power" even have to do with it.

Paulo. Bambu was arguing with two different people about two different verses at the same time, and I doubt he knows about HxH as much as either of us do (though I can't Say for sure, he was pretty blindsided)

You know damn well that Wing explained how those "hax" worked. If you don't have the ability to Shroud yourself with Nen/Chi/Aura using the ability Ten (or in the case of other verse's something identical or similar), you get assaulted by the killing intent of other people's aura/Chi. In that case, at the basic level, It isn't about raw power.

But in Bleach, what Bambu was being blindsided about as you argued with him, resistancing via raw power is what is happening. Also, with Pitou and Pouf against Gon and Killua, Knov and Pitou's interactions, Kite's lack of fear relative to Gon and Killua, and Pitou against Netero and Zeno and Netero against Meruem, or hell, Morel and Gon, or Gon and Pitou, iirc, they all had power gap dynamics or immense bloodlust in their Nen or both that made fear inducement possible or impossible depending on which of these. Meaning. On top of what we already understand about Nen from Wing and Zushi and Hisoka, it's likely that when you feel fear inducement from a foe and you have Nen shrouds, it's likely either power gap or just a LARGE amount of bloodlust. And i'm Shaky on the latter.

On top of that, the heavy bloodlust idea seems to be negated by the idea that even in those cases, the only reason the bloodlust was an issue was because of the AP gap. Netero didn't get affected by Pitou's bloodlust the same way Gon and Killua did, and it's easier to assume that's because of AP differences. The bloodlust only matters because there's a huge gap in AP to make those threats a promise, and, well, that just circles back to AP differences.

Paulo.junior.969 said:
I don't know how the situation was described, but it doesn't have anything to do with "levels of power", it has to do with whether or not you can control Nen. I really don't know what "levels of power" even have to do with it.
Chakra1
Chakra2
Chakra3
Chakra4
Chakra5

Sir Ovens said:
Look, I don't understand what fanfiction has to do with this? Power mimicry has been a thing for the longest time. Medaka, Novel Kars, and others can use Rasengan if they wanted to and no one bats an eye. That's because verse equalization.

Now we take that logic and put it to energies. Sure, if the verse never had a reiatsu equivalent in the first place, it gets crushed. But if there is an equivalent, the mechanics should apply.
No. That's because they have powers that allow them to copy powers. What does energy equal have to do with anything?

It's fanfic because what you're essentially doing is giving a verse free powers they don't have in their own verse.

Basically, Nen users can resist the aura abilities from other Nen users because their own aura protects them from it, that happens even if they're weaker (Gon and Killua resisted Hisoka's, who is much stronger than both), it isn't about "levels of power", if you can use Nen, you can resist it.

Also, just because Tatsuki has resistance to Soul Manipulation from Soul Succ, and above average Reiryoku, that doesn't make Reiatsu Crush a Soul Manipulation phenomena.

I'm not gonna tell you again, it's soul manipulation wether you like it or not. When you crush something you destroy it yes? destroying is soul destruction. hich is soul manipulation.

What's worse, her having high Reiryoku, or High Spiritual Power/Energy/AP or high enough to resist a weak attack like that

If a city wide soul suck is a weak thing, why do you so many people whine about it? And again this has nothing to do with her resisting it. For the last time stop trying to equate it to AP.

— it points more to the argument that characters with comparable traits would be comparatively resistant to that type of phenomena or RATHER the attacks and Reiatsu Crushing and similar phenomena in question have the weakness of being unable to affect sufficiently powerful targets.

It's clear that you don't have a good understanding of this... even after multiple explanations by different people.

My power not working on you doesn't mean you resist my power. It means my power isn't strong enough to work on you.

This doesn't even make any sense, if the power doesn't work on you it means your resistant to it or immune.

To assume that you'll have a weakness to my power, which normally doesn't work on targets like you, is unfair.

What?

@MachTwo I gave him a warning too homie. I'm here telling all of you to stop and here you are, not stopping. Imagine the wonderous mood this puts me in having to deal with you lovely fellows.

"My power not working on you doesn't mean you resist my power. It means my power isn't strong enough to work on you.

This doesn't even make any sense, if the power doesn't work on you it means your resistant to it or immune."

No it doesn't.

what even is the argument here. if you don't resist a ability verse equalisation doesn't give you it out of pity. literal fanfic characters at that point. cerse equalisation just allows them to interact better.

Paulo. That's exactly what I was referring to about Zushi. Read the beginning of what I said. Intitally, the hax activates against those without Nen/Chi shrouds. Then it happens if they're way stronger than you. Like it did with Knov

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back