• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
then we change it to "things" instead of "anything"
See my last post.
Fusion

Are you attacking the definition to prove your point or are you helping us word it better? Cuz im slightly sensing the former.

Anyway, I was going to send the definition to cover everything. So work with this instead. Open to suggestions.
Yes, the fusionism page is also written badly. However, if you wish to define a fusion as "a person or object that was priorly put together using the supernatural fusionism ability" then I guess that's exclusive enough, as it means no naturally occurring object, object put together by natural means or object supernaturally put together by any other ability qualifies.
It also means that the ability once again just ends up as powernull on fusions, which I still think is completely redundant, but if other staff likes the ability that way I am willing to let myself get overruled.
It does exclude the majority of the example characters from the power, though.

It also means that the ability once again just ends up as powernull on fusions,
Fusionism negation...? Really? Yeah. Obviously Fissionism would negate Fusionism, guys. Because it's Fission, which you can undo Fusion with. This is a literal non-point. This doesn't mean it's restricted to ONLY ripping fusions apart. This is genuinely such a dumb train of thought.

It has a similar effect TO power null, but that is literally entirely irrelevant. If it's someone using Fission on a fusion to rip them apart, then it's them using FISSION, NOT POWERNULLING THE FUSION.

@Pikaman There is no reason to have two identical powers for reasons of semantics. We wouldn't have "magic jamming" as a power for the same reason. If the effect is identical there is no need for the ability. Again, we are listing abilities as necessary. We don't list as many as possible.

But as the comment says, it would be another issue if the power had effects other than separating fusions, and separating fusions would just be a side effect of those other powers. That needs to be baked into the definition then, though.

Yes, the fusionism page is also written badly. However, if you wish to define a fusion as "a person or object that was priorly put together using the supernatural fusionism ability" then I guess that's exclusive enough, as it means no naturally occurring object, object put together by natural means or object supernaturally put together by any other ability qualifies.

Then let us fix both pages then. I'm down for that.

Natural occurring objects can be separated through supernatural means (Fissionism)

A character's supernatural ability to separate an object into two or more objects (changing parts and things to objects thx.)

Objects fused by natural means in fiction can also be separated with Fissionism as long as it is not by natural means

Objects that are supernaturally put together by any other ability can be separated by an appropriate Fission ability

As long as it isn't natural/physical. Same with fusions.

Then let us fix both pages then. I'm down for that.

Natural occurring objects can be separated through supernatural means (Fissionism)

Objects fused by natural means in fiction can also be separated with Fissionism as long as it is not by natural means

Objects that are supernaturally put together by any other ability can be separated by an appropriate Fission ability

As long as it isn't natural/physical. Same with fusions.
That has the problem that I could then, for example, claim that Zuko has fissionism because he can use his fire manipulation to separate a big flame (even a big supernatural flame or a big flame that was created by two fire manipulators combining two flames) into a small flame and a medium flame (i.e. two non-identical parts)
That would be too inclusive. At that point we would be at the majority of the wiki technically having that power again.

Identical units should warrant a Duplication rating instead, and on a case by case basis one may find that two non-identical units may not warrant fissionism if they still share great similarities, and their differences are not of great importance in the context of the situation where they are split

@Pikaman: Include that in the definition then and explain when two non-identical units are too similar. If you don't spell those things out people will abuse it.

Edit: Let me add an additional example to consider: Person uses [insert any supernatural power that can cut here] to slash a robot apart. Robots are made from very irregular parts, so the two parts are very non-identical.

Don't think being able to cut a robot via arbitrary supernatural power should qualify either for mentioned reasons.

(or take what many biological manipulators could do to a human or plant manipulators to plants)

A character's supernatural ability to separate objects into two or more parts. Some users can also undo fusions of objects, powers, emotions, concepts, living beings, etc., turning them into multiple units. Identical units should warrant a Duplication rating instead, and on a case by case basis one may find that two non-identical units may not warrant fissionism if they still share great similarities, and their differences are not of great importance in the context of the situation where they are split (eg. Splitting an object into two versions of itself that are identical bar size, or any other non-practical, minor, or unexplained and mostly irrelevant difference in the context of which the object is being split) Please note that undoing fusions through physical means such as sharp tools, ripping apart things, etc., do not count. As they are merely a result of the sharpness or force of the tools/means and not a supernatural action. Although there are cases where the sharpness tends to be supernatural which should qualify.

Thank you very much for helping out, DontTalk.

@Pikaman: Include that in the definition then and explain when two non-identical units are too similar. If you don't spell those things out people will abuse it.

Edit: Let me add an additional example to consider: Person uses [insert any supernatural power that can cut here] to slash a robot apart. Robots are made from very irregular parts, so the two parts are very non-identical.

Don't think being able to cut a robot via arbitrary supernatural power should qualify either for mentioned reasons.

(or take what many biological manipulators could do to a human or plant manipulators to plants)

Thank you.

Ok I think this might be it:
A character's supernatural ability to separate objects into two or more parts. Some users can also undo fusions of objects, powers, emotions, concepts, living beings, etc., turning them into multiple units. Identical units should warrant a Duplication rating instead, and on a case by case basis one may find that two non-identical units may not warrant fissionism if they still share great similarities, and their differences are not of great importance in the context of the situation where they are split (eg. Splitting an object into two versions of itself that are identical bar size, or any other non-practical, minor, or unexplained and mostly irrelevant difference in the context of which the object is being split) Please note that undoing fusions through physical means such as sharp tools, ripping apart things, etc., do not count. As they are merely a result of the sharpness or force of the tools/means and not a supernatural action. Although there are cases where the sharpness tends to be supernatural which should qualify. This does not include situations where the split was completed through supernatural means, but the fact those means were supernatural was not the direct cause of the split or the split being into unidentical parts (e.g. splitting something using a magical weapon designed to cut, and that split resulting in two unidentical parts, but in a situation where the split could have been just as easily done with any non supernatural blade.)
I think that covers all concerns

Was writing on some notes on that draft when I had a thought.

Aren't all applications of this ability which don't create new parts when doing the splitting (like when unfusing 2 fused people, the total volume of the target increases) already precisely covered by Deconstruction? I.e. any application that only splits something into smaller existing parts already has an ability for that.
If so, we should exclude those, right?

Then maybe we should formulate it completely differently.
Like:
The supernatural ability to separate/unfuse the target into two or more non-equal parts. This ability is distinguishes itself from deconstruction by the fact that, while deconstruction separates the target into smaller parts, this ability separates them into multiple parts which are more than the target they were created from. A classical example is to split a fusion of two people back into the people it was created from.
Often, this ability splits things apart according to a certain pattern, such as splitting someone into their good and evil side.
Note that splitting something into parts identical to the target is considered duplication.
maybe?

If it's someone using Fission on a fusion to rip them apart, then it's them using FISSION, NOT POWERNULLING THE FUSION.
It makes more sense to call it fusion negation in that specific scenario. In fission you can split something into smaller parts, it doesn't necessarily have to be a fused being, it's not restricted by that one condition. If a "fission" ability specifically works on fused beings only, then it is more of a "fusion negation".

If a "fission" ability works on anything, then it makes more sense to classify it as deconstruction or matter manipulation depending on the details of how it works.

So is it fine if somebody creates a new Fission page with the following text written by DontTalk, then, or is more content, such as examples, necessary first?

"The supernatural ability to separate/unfuse the target into two or more non-equal parts. This ability is distinguishes itself from deconstruction by the fact that, while deconstruction separates the target into smaller parts, this ability separates them into multiple parts which are more than the target they were created from. A classical example is to split a fusion of two people back into the people it was created from.

Often, this ability splits things apart according to a certain pattern, such as splitting someone into their good and evil side.
Note that splitting something into parts identical to the target is considered duplication."

It makes more sense to call it fusion negation in that specific scenario. In fission you can split something into smaller parts, it doesn't necessarily have to be a fused being, it's not restricted by that one condition. If a "fission" ability specifically works on fused beings only, then it is more of a "fusion negation".

If a "fission" ability works on anything, then it makes more sense to classify it as deconstruction or matter manipulation depending on the details of how it works.
I agree with this. people being able to split fusion by specifically negating fusion shouldn't equate to people using fissionism to achieve it. because a fusion can be achieved by multiple methods as stated in the fusion ability possible use and should be listed as negation or matter manip depending on how their fusion is undone.

Fission is fine to make.

Here's what others have defined the ability as.

So is it fine if somebody creates a new Fission page with the following text written by DontTalk, then, or is more content, such as examples, necessary first?

"The supernatural ability to separate/unfuse the target into two or more non-equal parts. This ability is distinguishes itself from deconstruction by the fact that, while deconstruction separates the target into smaller parts, this ability separates them into multiple parts which are more than the target they were created from. A classical example is to split a fusion of two people back into the people it was created from.

Note that splitting something into parts identical to the target is considered duplication."
Fission is fine to make.

Here's what others have defined the ability as.

So is somebody willing to write a draft page with all of the necessary information for our standard powers and abilities page format?

Behold, My First Page Created On VsBattle Wiki.🙌

Check for any mistakes which i obviously made Ant Sir.

Here is the gif i tried to use that didn't work

Behold, My First Page Created On VsBattle Wiki.🙌

Check for any mistakes which i obviously made Ant Sir.

Here is the gif i tried to use that didn't work
Thank you for helping out.

I would appreciate if other members confirm that this matches what DontTalk accepted above in this thread.

Also, the used gif file does not actually show Buu splitting into two parts in a before and after manner. Would somebody be willing to correct that please?

Yeah Buu let’s out a smoke that manifests his evil side. That’s basically it. The full version I tried to use didn’t work, it got cut out… so I need help adding the full version there.

I also just did a copy paste of what DontTalk accepted.

Hmm. Did you upload the file to our wiki? It may be too long though. Does somebody know of a shorter video of some fission that can be used as a basis, or are you able to cut away the unnecessary parts of the gif file that Arnoldstone linked to above?

Is that not duplication rather than fissionism?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back