• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The hero who is overpowered but overly cautious faces the villain who is overpowered but overly cautious

CONTEXT
Some of you may know that Ainz threads are very rarely fair fights, most of the time he's put against either people 47 tiers higher than him that don't resist his deathax so he wins (in a stomp most of the time) or he's put against some BS broken nonsense that 100% stomp him (or incon if he's lucky) HOWEVER I'd consider myself knowledgable on Overlord (and stubborn) enough that I can TRY (though I probably won't succeed) to find a match where neither fighter one-taps the other with broken nonsense and they can trade abilities in a more fun and fair match.
So this is the start of a (kind of long term, depends on how long it takes me to find new challengers and general time issues) series of threads where I try to find a fair match for Ainz outside his verse. The reason? Well I was indirectly asked some time ago and also the VERY few fair fights he gets are possibly my favourite parts of Overlord, I find the "non-BS" parts of his kit to be A LOT of fun to see (well...read actually) in action

This is attempt 1, the "I just wanted to have that title so I don't fully expect it to work" one, I apologize for possible stomps as I'm (sort of) new here and I know VERY little about Seiya (profile+ first episodes...it's on the list though).
The fighters should go up in "strenght" (a.k.a. abilities + resistances) as I go (Hi Reaper, remember me? I said I'd try)
Let's see if it's possible: (Sadly I couldn't remember the exact wording of the quotes)
main-qimg-e65eca99adb8d4f09a06d1016a8a1f38-lq

Who's this "Ainz-sama" guy they keep talking about? He seems very reliable, I'd like to meet him so I can ask him to take my place and rule Nazarik
VS
del12qf-0452f325-0376-4d7a-a57a-e2047112979f.png

I need 3 suits of armor,1 to use, 1 spare and 1 spare for the spare

SBA (central park, 4km, win by kill/incap/BFR am I correct?)
Last key for Seiya (can be changed if needed, also from what I understand Meteor Strike takes too long to charge up to have it be an actual factor)
Ainz has his standard equipment + the staff of Ainz Ooal Gown
I am willing to give prep and/or knowledge and/or more (or less) access to equipment to either one (or both) if it would make the fight more fair.
Speed has to be equalized I'm afraid.
I don't believe Seiya's immortality is combat applicable here, feel free to correct me.

Last edited:
Ainz has 3 layers of resistance negating death manipulation
Isn't TGoALiD the only straight up resistance negation? His death spells "stronger than normal" that's true but they're still considered basically a non-factor in high level PvP in Yggdrasil. Anyway I'd wait and see...maybe Seyia's death manip. resistance is enough

Time stop is the ability I was most scared of (and the main reason I wasn't confident this match would work), if Seiya can cancel it (and, hopefully, resist the death hax) this could work out, does anyone have more info?

Bumpers

Still trying to find out if Seiya's timestop and deathax resistances are enough to resist Ainz's, if they are then we may have a fight on our hands, if not I'll move to the next attempt in a few days

Bumpers

Still trying to find out if Seiya's timestop and deathax resistances are enough to resist Ainz's, if they are then we may have a fight on our hands, if not I'll move to the next attempt in a few days
Ainz's Time Stop works on a giant evil tree which broke out of Demiurge's time hax, so it can work on those who resist it. Also you gave Ainz the Staff of Ainz Ooal Gown, which should buff his Despair Auras to the point they work on those who resist it, with one of the levels being death hax, so there's that
[Despair Aura].
Besides inflicting a fear effect, it could reduce the stats of its victims.
Normally, it would not have an effect on the level one hundred NPCs, but on this occasion, its effects had been strengthened by the Staff of Ainz Ooal Gown.

Of course while saying "Ainz stands there and Seiya dies" is funny, Ainz prefers to fight at range due to being a caster. CQC is not their specialty. However, he'd likely have his Despair Aura on, since he mostly summons undead, who would be immune to his instant death stuff, so they'd be fine. If Seiya managed to actually get close to him, like within a handful of meters, then he'd get into the range of Despair Aura and likely die.

I remember the tree thing, that's why I was asking, maybe Seiya's resistance is layered too (I legit don't know).
To be completely honest I forgot that the staff buffs his aura as well, I'll remove it now

So I just finished digging a little deeper and found that Seiya's profile was meant to be "reworked" this august but it didn't because...Idk...I assume the people who were working on it got bored or something.
So we have an outdated profile and (from a very quick readthough) Seiya can't resist time stop and death manipulation at the same time regardeless of layers so, unless I'm wrong, either close this or ignore it long enough.

Back